Author Topic: DOTD  (Read 210721 times)

Re: DOTD
« Reply #675 on: 16 February, 2018, 08:36:32 pm »
Me, maybe?
Last night, driving to practice in outer lane, I indicate to change to the inner lane, shoulder check, start to change and hear a car jamming on it's horn. I abort, slow down and see one of these (in black) zoom ahead:

It's black roof is only just above my window line and I'm not at all surprised I missed that.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #676 on: 16 February, 2018, 08:47:32 pm »
What IS that?
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #677 on: 16 February, 2018, 09:21:21 pm »
Looks like it's an electric three wheeler - so just an e-trike without the pedals?  Only $15,500.
https://electrameccanica.com/emv-solo-us/

« Reply #678 on: 16 February, 2018, 10:58:06 pm »
Yeah, they're made locally and are rather expensive.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #679 on: 16 February, 2018, 11:09:35 pm »
It does look disturbingly like a cgi image of a normal car with its back half chopped off.

« Reply #680 on: 17 February, 2018, 11:00:38 am »
Looks like it's an electric three wheeler - so just an e-trike without the pedals?  Only $15,500.
https://electrameccanica.com/emv-solo-us/

Potholes..
Move Faster and Bake Things

« Reply #681 on: 17 February, 2018, 11:13:34 am »
And speed humps as it looks as if it could bottom-out very easily.

« Reply #682 on: 22 February, 2018, 05:22:16 pm »
Bloke on shiny electric bike (not apparently pedalling) goes zipping along the pavement past me and then straight across the junction that a Range Rover (indicating correctly) was turning into. Having stopped just in time (the Range Rover also stopped), he squirted around the range Rover, onto the road and nearly went head on into a car coming the other way (emergency stop from both car and ebike - road only 1 lane due to parked cars).
If he rides like that, I'm not sure his shiny ebike is going to stay very shiny for very long.

« Reply #683 on: 22 February, 2018, 08:22:06 pm »
that'll be an e-e-e-kbike he was riding

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #684 on: 22 February, 2018, 09:42:43 pm »
Having encountered one a while ago, I was wondering if the ebike revolution is going to give us a whole new class of pavement cyclists who are both fast and unskilled (the usual pavement cyclists tending to be either one or the other).

I'm sure there will be an e-bikelash in due course.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #685 on: 23 February, 2018, 09:03:28 am »
As with pretty much everything, more power (and easier power) means more potential to do stupid things.

« Reply #686 on: 23 February, 2018, 09:24:34 am »
BMW driver accelerates in the outside lane leading off a major roundabout but this then becomes a chicane and single lane containing service roads to shops and outlets. Instead of slowing/stopping to obtain a slot he accelerates again and tries to barge his way infront of another vehicle by cutting him up badly. Aggression follows between the two after what had almost resulted in a major collision involving traffic coming the other way. What a dick.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

fuzzy

« Reply #687 on: 23 February, 2018, 11:48:55 am »
Having encountered one a while ago, I was wondering if the ebike revolution is going to give us a whole new class of pavement cyclists who are both fast and unskilled (the usual pavement cyclists tending to be either one or the other).

Most e bikers I have experienced are quite civilized and courteous. There is however, a breed that employs non legal or 'dongled' legal bikes that can be complete cocks.

As the e bike revolution spreads, my former colleagues will catch on to it and then be able to spend time persecuting e cocks as opposed to investiagting real crime.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #688 on: 23 February, 2018, 12:06:29 pm »

Most e bikers I have experienced are quite civilized and courteous. There is however, a breed that employs non legal or 'dongled' legal bikes that can be complete cocks.

As the e bike revolution spreads, my former colleagues will catch on to it and then be able to spend time persecuting e cocks as opposed to investiagting real crime.
And I thought "e cocks" were something that might be only in NSFW!

fuzzy

« Reply #689 on: 23 February, 2018, 12:33:39 pm »

So the accepted term for a Dick Of The Day on an e bike is a Dildo Of The Day?

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #690 on: 23 February, 2018, 12:39:31 pm »
 ;D :o :hand: :thumbsup: :D

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #691 on: 23 February, 2018, 04:46:11 pm »

Agreed, but those ones tend to ride on the road.

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
« Reply #692 on: 23 February, 2018, 07:06:45 pm »
So the accepted term for a Dick Of The Day on an e bike is a Dildo Of The Day?

"Wand" or "Rabbit", I'd have thought for an e-Dick...

essexian

« Reply #693 on: 26 February, 2018, 08:42:38 am »
Saturday afternoon around 16.45, I was just about to move from as the lights had changed here:

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!4v1519634450276!6m8!1m7!1sYqTrCgVHsIYRjXMcltCBhQ!2m2!1d52.81026834475919!2d-2.119982073077113!3f124.28820339350605!4f-4.005925100848401!5f0.7820865974627469" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

when two twats on bikes decided to "cycle" there way into the oncoming traffic causing the whole lot of us to stop so they could cross on an angle.

Oh and they had the affront to smack one persons car and shout abuse at another driver who wouldn't let them by.

I think we have a regional DOTD winner!

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #695 on: 12 March, 2018, 08:55:01 am »

« Reply #696 on: 14 March, 2018, 02:23:23 pm »
Me on Monday. It was raining so bike in the car and go to a halfway point to ride in (5 miles in wet better than 11 miles) and then realise my shoes are @ home. Luckily I have a spare pair on the main campus (2.5 miles) but I can say that a pair of crocs arent comfortable on Candy pedals in the rain.

« Reply #697 on: 16 March, 2018, 11:30:32 pm »
Me, a little bit. I was on my BMX, which means A) Highly manueverable and B) I can bail out very quickly.
 I was waiting for the light to change.  As it did, lady coming the other way decided the lights didn't apply to her, so I decided to put it to the test and started moving on green, forcing her to get the brakes, getting caught in the middle of the intersection. (She wasn't going all that fast, so I wasn't taking any huge risks).
90% of the traffic across that intersection is cyclists and pedestrians and I often see cars ignoring the red lights, if there's no cars crossing.

handcyclist

• watch for my signal
« Reply #698 on: 18 March, 2018, 12:02:35 am »
Another self-nomination  ::-)

Half asleep, setting off for this morning's Parkrun, I stuffed a drink and a keep-the-saddle-dry plastic bag in a pannier and jumped on. Unfortunately without doing up the clips and straps that hold the top flap. As I turned into the wind from the right, one of the straps wrapped itself around the sprockets, bringing pedalling to a rather abrupt halt .....
Doubt is is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

« Reply #699 on: 22 March, 2018, 06:34:01 pm »
My word, don't Unimogs towing Caterpillar transporters stop quickly  :-[  :facepalm: