Author Topic: Any TIFOSI CK7 owners  (Read 1719 times)

Any TIFOSI CK7 owners
« on: 14 March, 2019, 09:00:58 pm »
Can anyone help with the crankset on the above bike, I am unable to get any correct information on how to remove the crankset.  It is a Miche compact evo max. 8mm hex key and pin tool get me so far but can not figure out which crank puller is required, both Wiggle and Halfrauds chat help have been no help..
thanks for any assistance .
"If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor."  T. Booth.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
Re: Any TIFOSI CK7 owners
« Reply #1 on: 15 March, 2019, 09:35:20 am »
Casting about a bit here as I don't have the bike, or know exactly which BB/crank set that is, but looking on the Miche site I think this is the closest: -
https://www.miche.it/pub/media/productattach/c/s/cs-evomax-crankset_12-002_1.pdf

Does that look anything like what you have? It sounds like you may have the square taper version, in which case does a normal ST puller work?

Otherwise, have you tried asking Tifosi?
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #2 on: 15 March, 2019, 11:50:52 am »
thanks for that .  :thumbsup:
i think tifosi themselves might be the best option,
i hoped someone on here might have faced the same problem, as i understand they are quite a popular bike.

Snakehips

• Twixt London and leafy Surrey
« Reply #3 on: 15 March, 2019, 12:41:16 pm »
thanks for that .  :thumbsup:
i think tifosi themselves might be the best option,
i hoped someone on here might have faced the same problem, as i understand they are quite a popular bike.
Good luck with that. I asked them for details of the fork on a 10yo CK7 (after I found what I believe to be a crack in the carbon) and all they could come up with was ' it will be 1 inch or 1 and one eighth inch'
An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur?

« Reply #4 on: 15 March, 2019, 01:02:54 pm »
My CK7 has a Campagnolo bb/crank and I’ve seen others with a variety of drivetrains- I think you’ll get more help if you ask for anyone who is familiar with that Miche crank. Are there no tech documents on the Miche website?

« Reply #5 on: 15 March, 2019, 05:36:08 pm »
the tech page as best as i can tell says use the appropriate tool but gives no clue as what that might be.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #6 on: 15 March, 2019, 05:52:03 pm »
Have you got any pictures of it? From what I can see of Miche cranksets they seem to come with self-extracting bolts
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #7 on: 15 March, 2019, 08:57:21 pm »
sorry unable to show any photos , I think I will have to concede defeat on this and get it to a shop. it is the campag veloce model. should probably have stuck with shimano .

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #8 on: 15 March, 2019, 09:06:39 pm »

« Reply #9 on: 15 March, 2019, 10:28:26 pm »
Well it definitely isn't one of them , thank goodness . I have now found a contact for Miche in the UK . so hopefully they might know what you need for their own products . Thanks for all advice..

« Reply #10 on: 02 April, 2019, 04:34:28 pm »
Is it like this? If so, it’s a self extracting crank - don’t touch the ring with the pin holes around the outside of the 8mm Allen bolt, just loosen the allen bolt and it’ll pull the crank off.