Linked Events

• Cogidubnus CC 200 & Cheesy Peas 110 events - Richmond: 06 August, 2016

Author Topic: Cogidubnus CC 200 & Cheesy Peas 110 events - Richmond-upon-Thames - Aug 6th 2016  (Read 8691 times)

Hoping to be there. (I'll be the one demonstrating inability to climb Barhatch on 22/34.)

Good work Marcus!

menthel

• Jim is my real, actual name
Looking forward to the Peas!

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
Quick update for everyone.

Routesheets will be finalised once I have got the Pennine 1000km done.  They are written and checked, I just need to get them formatted better.

GPS files are on the AUK website and are all good.

Entries are good for the 200 in particular.  Plenty of space left, but think about entering sooner rather than later!

If anyone did fancy sitting outside the pub in Peaslake for the afternoon (control is 13:38-19:16), then I would be happy to reward you with your weight in beer or something!

I will be splitting the profits of the event between two charities:

The Campaign Against Living Miserably  - https://www.thecalmzone.net/
RoadPeace - http://www.roadpeace.org/
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

Great choice of charities, Marcus! I hope the event goes well

cgg

Hey Marcus,

I've pm'd you re controlling at Peaslake, do you still need people there? Otherwise I'll just enter the 200 :)

edit: or maybe I didn't, nothing is showing in the "sent" box. Anyway, if you're still looking I could help.

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
^ apologies - I have dropped you a PM!
Right! What's next?

Phil W

I would be happy to reward you with your weight in beer or something!

120-140 pints, hmmmm...

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
I would be happy to reward you with your weight in beer or something!

120-140 pints, hmmmm...

AKA a quiet night out for Hummers.
Right! What's next?

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
Route sheets and .gpx files are now available for download here - http://www.marcusjb.com/cogidubnus-200#downloads

Final route check next weekend (Ride London will make it challenging the following weekend), so any updates will be caught then.

Get your entries in as soon as you can please!
Right! What's next?

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
Route check of both events done over the last two weekends.

The 200 in today's perfect weather was cracking. Makes the memories of developing the routes in winter seem a very distant memory. The climbing largely benefits from being shaded on a day like today. There really are some nice climbs on it (and then Barhatch which is not nice!).

Controls are all ready to receive you. The Milk Churn are ready to produce tonnes of cheese on toast to die for.

Both route sheets have had some minor edits (nothing substantial, just some clarity added where needed and clutter removed where not).

Ordered cards, so there is some space available on both events, but not a lot.

Zigzag and blueskies will be stamping cards at the pub at Peaslake, for which I am very grateful.

See you all in a couple of weeks.
Right! What's next?

nice one thanks Marcus, looking forward to this  :thumbsup:

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
Final information will go out to riders tomorrow.   No real dramas.  Richmond itself may, or may not, be a little more congested due to the closure of Petersham Road (for over a month, it's going to make the Park much, much busier as that is the diversion for cars!), but it's only up the hill to Richmond Bridge, so should not be a big drama.

I've a handful of cards left for the 200km, a few more for the 110km.  Will close entries once I am at capacity.  No promises, but there may be further entries available after that point, if I get any more notified DNS.

Looking forward to seeing you all next week!
Right! What's next?

hi
entered and looking forward to it!

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
3 or 4 spots left on the 200 before I close the books.

Press enter now or forever hold your silence.
Right! What's next?

Pete Mas

• Don't Worry 'bout a thing...
Looking forward to it. My work colleague Roman has just got a pass to ride this from his girlfriend so said he would enter shortly. I'll try to hurry him...
''It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive."

R.L.Stevenson

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
Looking forward to it. My work colleague Roman has just got a pass to ride this from his girlfriend so said he would enter shortly. I'll try to hurry him...

I got him.
Right! What's next?

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
Couple of notified DNS and I am running it slightly over-capacity on the advice of my event mentor - so there's 5 spots left now!

Weather looking reasonable, if not a bit blowy - the top of Duncton Hill might be a little wild with the wind direction as forecast. 
Right! What's next?

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
I'd mentioned on the final instruction email that there may be some traffic congestion at the very start, with the Petersham Road being closed for the next month. 

Pleased to say that after a day of utter carnage on Monday (first day of the closure) when most of Richmond and East Twickenham ground to a halt, they have removed several sets of temporary traffic lights and everything seems to be moving just fine this past couple of days.

I really didn't think it would be a problem early on a Saturday morning, but wanted riders to be aware of it.

:thumbsup:
Right! What's next?

I can't ride because of a family wedding, and anyway 200k might be a stretch at present, but I'm so pleased to hear from Cogidubnus after all these years, and maybe in 2017? I don't know whether I ever realised that there was a real person by that name ;D

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
I can't ride because of a family wedding, and anyway 200k might be a stretch at present, but I'm so pleased to hear from Cogidubnus after all these years, and maybe in 2017? I don't know whether I ever realised that there was a real person by that name ;D

Well, I don't want to run before I can walk, but if the events go well, then I would like to look at running them next year (and already have them in the AUK planner) and as I gain more experience as an org, look at offering more TLC with catered control(s).
Right! What's next?

Pete Mas

• Don't Worry 'bout a thing...
Ah, your mention of Duncton Hill brings back memories of El Supremo rides from another century. Duncton was a hill that my wife's old Uncle Jack used to describe as a 'snorter'. Should be fun re-visiting.
''It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive."

R.L.Stevenson

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
Duncton is definitely a lump.

Entries are now closed on the 200.  I'm over-capacity anyway, so unless there's a lot of notified DNS, I won't be able to open the books up again I am afraid.

Places still on the 110km.
Right! What's next?

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
Well, I am a little jealous of them today.

That's going to be a fabulous day out for everyone I hope.  The weather is spot on.

60-something on the 200
20-something on the 100

I hope they all enjoy it and I will see them at the pub this afternoon/evening!
Right! What's next?

parkysouthlondon

• PBP (11,15,19,23), 1001Miglia (2021), TCRNo8(2022)
    • SWRC FB
I would like to have started but not recovered from last weeks 1200km.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
South Western Road Club
2024 events    Tour Divide USA

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
Right! What's next?