Author Topic: Things you only do once  (Read 29472 times)

Re: Things you only do once
« Reply #175 on: 16 April, 2018, 12:46:35 pm »
Swapped over tyres and re-fitted rear rack to cross bike for commuter duties (Damn me moving to a more hilly area!). Once wheel re-fitted there was a bit of noise and and some odd resistance when turning the pedals. A bit of investigation revealed the cassette lockring was loose, so presumed that was the issue, tightened up again, and re-fitted wheel. Still the issue is there, curious... Take out wheel again, and all seems fine. Decide to take apart and re-assemble cassette in case is that is the issue somehow. Once all done, re-fit wheel to bike again to find noise/resistance still there. Only then do I realise the bolt I used to mount the rack is a bit too long and coming out the back and rubbing against the cassette lockring  :facepalm:

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #176 on: 16 April, 2018, 04:54:38 pm »
http://cycling.today/watch-sagan-adjusts-his-stem-at-45-kph-during-his-winning-ride-in-paris-roubaix/
When I heard about this I was impressed. Very Saganesque!

But it now seems a little suspicious - he's ridden 200km with no problem. Now he's 24km into a solo break, with 30km to go, and decides to commence a manoeuvre that may involve small amounts of hanging onto the team-car ...
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #177 on: 16 April, 2018, 06:18:41 pm »
http://cycling.today/watch-sagan-adjusts-his-stem-at-45-kph-during-his-winning-ride-in-paris-roubaix/

But it now seems a little suspicious - he's ridden 200km with no problem. Now he's 24km into a solo break, with 30km to go, and decides to commence a manoeuvre that may involve small amounts of hanging onto the team-car ...

All true apart from the bits about being in a solo break and hanging on to a car.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #178 on: 16 April, 2018, 06:40:49 pm »
Obviously the allen key was a disguised hypodermic loaded with <insert ped of choice>.  ;)
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #179 on: 17 April, 2018, 12:56:16 pm »

All true apart from the bits about being in a solo break and hanging on to a car.
Ah. Do you think I should have watched the video before posting?

Anyway, it looks like this will be a good addition to the Sagan mythos  :thumbsup:
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Bianchi Boy

• Cycling is my doctor
  • Is it possible for a ride to be too long?
    • Reading Cycling Club
« Reply #180 on: 29 April, 2018, 06:28:52 pm »
Finish the Mille Pennines.
Set a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.