Author Topic: Yorkshire Tour Around The World Championships: End of September 2019  (Read 1305 times)

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
Soupy and I are bunking off work for a long weekend on 26 - 30th September to see a bit of this year's Worlds, in Yorkshire. Plan is to train/bike-it to stay with relatives in Kippax, east of Leeds and head out with them onto the various routes to spectate and catch some of the finishing circuit action in Harrogate too. No doubt we shall also see Soupy's chum Mr Ned Boulting there too. We also have tickets to the Cycling Podcast on Friday 27th.

Any other forumites going to be there?

yorkie

• On top of the Galibier
Re: Yorkshire Tour Around The Worlds Championships: End of September 2019
« Reply #1 on: 01 September, 2019, 05:24:29 pm »
**Waves**  ;)   :thumbsup:

I'm going to be around most of the week, just need to get a couple of days off during the week! I live in York, it'd be rude not to go and watch a bit. The Paracycling races on Saturday 21st and a couple of the other road races will pass about 10 miles down the road, so that'll be a short day (hopefully!)

On Saturday 28th, I'm volunteering in Harrogate, allocated to "Tissot Timing and Results", whatever that may be!! I'm going for Indoctrination Training this Saturday, where I should undoubtedly find out what I'm doing!  :-D

Born to ride my bike, forced to work! ;)

British Cycling Regional A Track Commissaire
British Cycling Regional A Circuit Commissaire
Cycling Attendant, York Sport Village Cycle Circuit and Velodrome

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
Re: Yorkshire Tour Around The Worlds Championships: End of September 2019
« Reply #2 on: 01 September, 2019, 05:35:29 pm »
I'm going to foist myself on a friend who lives in Harrogate for much/all of the week. Don't know what I'll be watching or where from yet - plans to be refined. I may cycle part of the way there/back, and use the train for the rest.
What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
Re: Yorkshire Tour Around The World Championships: End of September 2019
« Reply #3 on: 01 September, 2019, 06:23:31 pm »
Our plans are vague at present, other than to catch as much as possible. We'll bow to rellies local knowledge. Train assist is possible.

Re: Yorkshire Tour Around The World Championships: End of September 2019
« Reply #4 on: 02 September, 2019, 02:25:30 pm »
Quite a few races start or pass through Ripon. It's not too hard a ride from HG (head for Knaresborough,Farnham,Burton Leonard and Bishop Monkton) and there are plenty of pubs to choose from. (Other forms of refreshment are available.)

From Kippax, you could use the Great North road/ old A1 route (mostly parallel to the A1 motorway) up to Boroughbridge then in via Skelton on Ure.

My advice would be to head north  from Harrogate if you can- better countryside and less traffic.
You can get to Northallerton (elite time trial start ) by train .

https://worlds.yorkshire.com/