Author Topic: Eccleshall 200, May 03  (Read 3597 times)

jogler

• mojo operandi
Re: Eccleshall 200, May 03
« Reply #25 on: 26 April, 2010, 08:51:32 pm »
^^^^
It happens with almost depressing frequency.It's why I cannot do "No EOL" rides.I do however have an increasing pile of routes which I can ride when circumstances allow.

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #26 on: 01 May, 2010, 05:57:00 pm »
From this thread, the yacf posse on this ride will be:

Me
Mike (obviously)
Jethro
Other Jethro
Graeme McC
Marmitegeoff
Jord

I don't think I know any of you except Mr Wigley so say hello if you see me.  I'll be wearing a C+ jersey and an Assos cap and I'll be riding a silver Specialized bike.

« Reply #27 on: 02 May, 2010, 05:42:07 pm »
Should be a good ride and i am really looking forward to it.  - I only know Mike by site as well.

No idea what I'll be wearing as it still feels like winter >:( But it is forecast to be sunny(ish) all day.

I'll be riding a Van Nicholas.

mikewigley

« Reply #28 on: 02 May, 2010, 09:29:15 pm »
Should be a good ride and i am really looking forward to it.  - I only know Mike by site as well.

No idea what I'll be wearing as it still feels like winter >:( But it is forecast to be sunny(ish) all day.

I'll be riding a Van Nicholas.

I rode around on Saturday.  I thought that it was going to be a bad day but not a bit of it.  As I finished it starting to rain, the wind picked up and it went very cold, but I had very pleasant conditions.  Fingers crossed for the weather to be just as kind tomorrow

It was just as well I rode Saturday as I now know that (and have made provision for) the Co-op at Helsby is boarded up

« Reply #29 on: 03 May, 2010, 08:06:15 pm »
Lovely ride Mike - thanks for all our efforts :) :) Also the advantage of all four seasons in one day and a nice little head wind!

DanialW

« Reply #30 on: 03 May, 2010, 09:02:46 pm »
Yes, thanks Mike! It was an excellent, unexpected, BH Monday treat. The scenery is idyllic in parts, and the roads are just the sort I like to ride.

« Reply #31 on: 04 May, 2010, 06:50:09 am »
Yes a very big thank you for a good ride.  The head wind on the return, was an unexpected bonus.  But the scenery made up for it.

Did the owner of the mobile get it back?

Geoff

Only those that dare to go too far, know how far they can go.   T S Elliot

« Reply #32 on: 04 May, 2010, 09:50:58 am »
Eccleshall and the country side around it was really lovely - an area I have never visited.

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #33 on: 04 May, 2010, 04:44:02 pm »
A good day out.  Thanks for the ride Mike, and also for the lift to Stockport station afterwards.

This was my first 200 of the year and I'm pretty tired now.  After the warning about lateness beforehand, I simply had to turn up late  8)  I then spent more time faffing with the GPS and tagged along at the back of the field for the rest of the ride.