Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1627176 times)

jogler

• mojo operandi
Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #1425 on: 29 February, 2012, 01:14:43 pm »
Left nut or right nut?Why have you got sharp edges on yernuts?

LindaG

« Reply #1426 on: 29 February, 2012, 02:40:00 pm »
My leg's really sore.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1427 on: 29 February, 2012, 03:25:52 pm »
My lungs aren't working properly, for no apparent reason.  And my digestive system keeps exploding.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #1428 on: 29 February, 2012, 03:29:29 pm »
I'm feeling a bit (OK, a lot) like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEuw2mgLRuQ

(but without Kristen Johnston, sadly)

« Reply #1429 on: 29 February, 2012, 03:32:53 pm »
Gout hurts. Having a cold at the same time seems unfair.

« Reply #1430 on: 29 February, 2012, 03:33:09 pm »
I've been to the physio and my knee hurts much much more than it did before.
The pain has been building up since I saw her and I really really don't fancy riding home in a couple of hours.

This is making me miserable, which is making me long for comfort food, to which I am succumbing like, well, a fat girl presented with cake, to be honest.

Ugh.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #1431 on: 29 February, 2012, 04:32:15 pm »
Socks are dangerous.  While donning my left sock this morning, teetering on one foot like a circus elephant, I fell over and biffed my nut on the stair rail.  The one that I never did get round to removing the sharp edges from.

Unfortunately the resulting graze was not sufficiently serious to warrant a return to bed ???
I recommend sitting down to don/doff socks. If required, I can send you my sock aid that I don't need any more.

That'll be a tenner.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1432 on: 29 February, 2012, 04:48:52 pm »
Socks are dangerous.  While donning my left sock this morning, teetering on one foot like a circus elephant, I fell over and biffed my nut on the stair rail.  The one that I never did get round to removing the sharp edges from.

Unfortunately the resulting graze was not sufficiently serious to warrant a return to bed ???

Were you wearing a helmet?
Getting there...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1433 on: 29 February, 2012, 05:08:50 pm »
My lungs aren't working properly, for no apparent reason.  And my digestive system keeps exploding.

Digestive system has finally calmed down and is merely painful.  Lungs still crap.  Lovely weather for a bike ride, obviously.  >:(

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #1434 on: 29 February, 2012, 05:31:39 pm »
OK, short phone call later and apparently there is a cheque waddling it's way to me. Should be here within 28 days, so watch out for this thread exploding on, hang on...

...23/03/12.

Well that's scuppered then!

:D

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #1435 on: 29 February, 2012, 06:55:55 pm »
Ok own up - who nicked my legs this evening?
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #1436 on: 01 March, 2012, 07:04:13 am »
Blepheritis. Sod off.  <insertsmileywithitchysairredeyelids>

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #1437 on: 02 March, 2012, 07:19:45 am »
Letter from my bank:
Please find enclosed copies of the new Terms and Fees Leaflet.
22 A4-pages.  Not so much a Leaflet as a Tome.
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #1438 on: 02 March, 2012, 07:53:07 am »

Were you wearing a helmet?

Don't nuts tend to come with a helmet as part of the package?   ;)
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #1439 on: 02 March, 2012, 07:58:54 am »
Have you had it properly checked out?

No.
Being a practising coward I'm reluctant to let anyone other than marj prod & poke at my body.

The medical professionals I have come into contact with made a proper dogs breakfast of marj's knee surgery & two of my neighbours have also had knee replacements that have been problematical.

It's interesting that I rode to Stafford & back last week without problems during the ride.My knee did complain but only after an hour or so after returning home.
I did notice a sports physio place on the Stafford to Newport road  & elsewhere on the forum Giropaul has displayed  a link to someone/somewhere that I may investigate :-\

Knees are notoriously the most difficult bit of the skeleton for orthopods to deal with.  The knee is one of the most complex joints and the failure rates for knee surgery are amongst the highest for any type of surgery.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #1440 on: 03 March, 2012, 12:27:35 pm »
Madison, your policy for replacing crash-damaged Giro helmets isn't quite so generous as I'd hoped. You want from me "the old helmet, information about the accident, proof of purchase of the old helmet." So far so fair. You also want "a cheque or postal order made payable to Madison, a division of H. Young Operations Ltd for the appropriate amount (see charges below)". Charge for replacing my damaged Ionos: £95
So,you want from me a payment of £95 up front. Then you might send me a replacement
Guys, I can buy a new one cheaper without any of this hassle. I'm quite underwhelmed.  :(
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1441 on: 04 March, 2012, 10:21:24 pm »
How come we don't have a winging thread?

Anyway, I'm sick of being ill.  I'm feeling spectacularly awful again, combined with that low-level tiredness you get when you have to work to breathe, and want to curl up in bed. Except I probably won't sleep and that'll just end in shoulder pain.  The coughing's getting tedious, too, especially now that barakta's in on the act.

I suspect this one's going to linger...

« Reply #1442 on: 04 March, 2012, 10:48:30 pm »
How come we don't have a winging thread?

Anyway, I'm sick of being ill.  I'm feeling spectacularly awful again, combined with that low-level tiredness you get when you have to work to breathe, and want to curl up in bed. Except I probably won't sleep and that'll just end in shoulder pain.  The coughing's getting tedious, too, especially now that barakta's in on the act.

I suspect this one's going to linger...

GWS.

I had my first undisturbed nights sleep for a week last night. Every other night has been interrupted by coughing fits that have left me with gasping for breath, with  bulging eyes & sore ribs.  Everyone at work appears to have the same dry cough as well.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #1443 on: 04 March, 2012, 10:59:57 pm »
I'm sick of being ill, I only just stopped being ill about 10 days ago.  And both Kim and I being ill is like a pair of fighting cats in the bed - all night long and neither of us has the joints to sleep on alternative bedding options.  :(

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #1444 on: 04 March, 2012, 11:17:45 pm »
Seems to be everyone's ill. I've had the runs since Thursday, and I'm not sure whether I should go to bed tonight or just make myself comfortable on the toilet for the duration.

Oh, and of course the letting agents have decided they want to do a 'property visit' this week so I'll be tidying up the tetering piles of crap tomorrow as well.

barakta

« Reply #1445 on: 05 March, 2012, 12:14:04 am »
Tell the property agents you have norovirus (which you could have) and NHS direct told you to stay isolated till you've been symptom free for 48 hrs?  The surfaces in your house like door handles etc will be affected so it's not in their interests to come this week. 

« Reply #1446 on: 05 March, 2012, 12:20:55 am »
Seems to be everyone's ill. I've had the runs since Thursday, and I'm not sure whether I should go to bed tonight or just make myself comfortable on the toilet for the duration.

Oh, and of course the letting agents have decided they want to do a 'property visit' this week so I'll be tidying up the tetering piles of crap tomorrow as well.

Sounds like the toilet is favourite, then.

Get well soon.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #1447 on: 05 March, 2012, 09:09:20 am »

Sounds like the toilet is favourite, then.

Get well soon.

;D

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1448 on: 05 March, 2012, 09:30:25 am »
My desk's not been fixed yet.  First job this morning was to move all the files, PC, phone, drawers, trays etc and reattach the rogue pedestal leg at the back so it wasn't sloping away at a ludicrous angle.  Now restored to just slightly ridiculous.
Getting there...

barakta

« Reply #1449 on: 05 March, 2012, 11:03:04 am »
My windows box at work is getting more and more fucked by the day, hangy and shit on startup now.  Have uninstalled FireFox as it's greedy and bloaty and crashing.  Have to decide if I'm going to try and get used to Opera or Exploder or reinstall FF from scratch after at least 1 cold boot.

Feeling like shit with this nasty cold, think Kim and I kicked one another all night.  And I forgot to bring enough lactofree milk to have tea today so may end up being bad and drinking the normal stuff cos I NEED TEA and the lactofree milk shop is too far for me to walk with still-fucked-hips  >:(