Author Topic: Rash on leg after bites  (Read 7696 times)

Phixie

• No gears and all the ideas
Re: Rash on leg after bites
« Reply #25 on: 08 June, 2010, 10:55:07 am »
Are you certain that's from bites, Woolly?

IANAD but that looks remakably like something I had a year or so back called bullous pemphigoid.  Helly will know much more about it.  Standard treatment is prednisolone.

Do not google this condition anywhere near meal times.

Maybe a visit to your GP is needed.
At the end of the day, when all's said and done, there's usually a lot more said than done.

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #26 on: 08 June, 2010, 11:07:12 am »
I overreact to insect bites too.  Leave them long enough and they go away - if it's a real problem, or if clothes are rubbing, then anthisan and / or Piriton are useful. 

After an evening in the garden I ended up with a similar thing on my upper upper thigh, which wasn't great.  :-[

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #27 on: 08 June, 2010, 12:22:44 pm »
I went Boots across the way from where I was and the pharmacist there told me to go to the doctor right away.

Then I went to our local pharmacist on the way home and the very nice fella there (they are very good me thinks) said I use HC45. Hydrocortisone Acetate cream 2 times a day if it last longer than 3-5 days I could try antihistamine orally and bob should be uncle.

Give that a shoot for a few days and see how it goes, as the itching have calmed down a lot.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #28 on: 08 June, 2010, 12:46:17 pm »
I wondered about hogweed - I've come into contact with it once and it was nasty.

Blisters looked less blistery than mrs wows, and I had wierd purply bruising.

Needed mega-strength anti-histamine pills.

Since then, I've started reacting to bee and wasp stings. No idea if that has been caused by the hogweed or the antihistamines. there are suggestions that getting hogweeded once can leave you sensitive.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #29 on: 10 June, 2010, 07:01:00 pm »
Been there days with Hydrocortisone Acetate cream and it looks much better now, so it is going the right way :)

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #30 on: 10 June, 2010, 07:25:37 pm »
My brother took his to the doc this week and was told it was shingles.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #31 on: 26 June, 2010, 10:54:40 am »
Two or so weeks with HC45 (Hydrocortisone Acetate cream) and it is looking much much better. Slight discolouring of the skin, no itching what so ever.