Author Topic: EZ Clamp for Brompton  (Read 1400 times)

EZ Clamp for Brompton
« on: 22 December, 2023, 09:24:44 am »
These, for my money, are the single best accessory you can buy for your Brompton. YACF might already know about these, but most people I speak to do not.

https://ezclamp.co.uk/

No affiliation, no commission, just a cool little product I've used and continue to use daily.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Re: EZ Clamp for Brompton
« Reply #1 on: 22 December, 2023, 09:42:19 am »
I use them but they don't really speed up folding, and they slow unfolding.  Yes, they align the clamps properly.  However, they prevent the screw being spun rapidly, so it's swings and roundabouts.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #2 on: 22 December, 2023, 09:46:35 am »
I use them but they don't really speed up folding, and they slow unfolding.  Yes, they align the clamps properly.  However, they prevent the screw being spun rapidly, so it's swings and roundabouts.

Eh? I have absolutely no issue with that. They have no relevance to the speed of the screw being spun?

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #3 on: 22 December, 2023, 10:19:58 am »
Except the makers claim

Increased speed of the fastening and unfastening process.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #4 on: 22 December, 2023, 10:22:28 am »
Except the makers claim

Increased speed of the fastening and unfastening process.
Which I'd agree with, no more pissing about lining up and adjusting the hinge clamp. The screw speed is unaffected.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #5 on: 22 December, 2023, 01:48:53 pm »
That's neat.  I make do with a compression spring and a bit of margarine tub.

« Reply #6 on: 22 December, 2023, 02:31:58 pm »
Mine has the arrangement which, I think, came from Bike-Gang which features a compression spring and asymmetrical ally clamp.
The only issue I have with it is, because of the way it works, it has a nylock nut on the inside of the main frame. The nut prevents me from storing the Brompton tool set in the frame.