Author Topic: Audax Membership Renewals  (Read 9304 times)

Re: Audax Membership Renewals
« Reply #25 on: 23 October, 2013, 11:00:19 pm »
I've just re-joined.
For five years.

I'm almost wishing that I'd followed Hummer's advice (to Gandalf) a few years ago.

Due to commitments, it looks like my 1st audax in the new season will be the Winter Solstice.
I'm also looking good (diary wise  ;)) for the Mere 200.

mikewigley

« Reply #26 on: 07 January, 2014, 10:27:03 am »
For those who haven't noticed the calendar change, we're now into 2014, and your Audax Membership might have lapsed.  If you have entered any events in January and you've not updated your membership you might have to include an extra £2 to ride as a temporary member.

You can still renew your membership in time to receive the February Arrivee and the 2014 Handbook but you must do this by 17th Jan which is when I create the mailing list.  Go to www.aukweb.net/renewals, enter your MemNo and password, and you will be able to renew at £14 (one year) or £56 (for 5 years). If you have any household members, they will be included at £5 each (£20 for 5 years).  Overseas members will of course have a postal supplement of £4 to add.

Can't remember if you've already renewed?  Go to www.aukweb.net, click on Members and MyDetails and your membership status will be revealed.

Of course, if you've got a Standing Order arrangement, you need take no further action, but you might want to check with your bank that they've done the transfer.

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #27 on: 07 January, 2014, 11:10:00 am »
thanks for the reminder - renewed now

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #28 on: 07 January, 2014, 11:53:22 am »
Yup, thanks for the reminders (both this one here and the email one).  :-[
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #29 on: 21 January, 2015, 03:00:34 pm »
A final call if you've not renewed your membership for 2015.  I create the next Arrivee mailing list tomorrow evening (Thursday) and if you miss that your membership status becomes "lapsed" and you'd need to rejoin.  Check your membership at www.aukweb.net > Members >MyDetails.  Renew (if necessary) at www.aukweb.net/renewal.

If your cheque is the post, then you might be interested to know that I'm snowed in - or more to the point, my postie is snowed out.

I've been busy sending reminder emails over the last week or so to all those with an email address registered on your Membership Details, which seems to have given a lot of people the incentive to take appropriate action.  If you've not had that reminder, you might want to check the email address you've registered, or check your junk folder.

My wife received a phone call this morning while I was out shoveling snow, from someone wanting the AUK office so that he could renew over the phone using a credt card.  She very politely (I trust) reminded the caller that there is no such place as an AUK office and that I was out working (not quite true today because of the weather), and that AUK doesn't have the capability to take such payments anyway.  It's strictly either online using PayPal/Credit card/Debit card or a cheque in the post.  Or a standing order (too late for this year).  Or direct payment to the bank if you really can't work any other way.

While AUK is getting bigger all the time (6,683 members and counting) it's worth remembering that we're still just a bunch of willing (or put-upon) volunteers fitting things in as best we can.

Now back to that snow.

« Reply #30 on: 21 January, 2015, 04:44:40 pm »
You could set up a premium rate phone line for similar callers in future.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #31 on: 21 January, 2015, 06:25:09 pm »
While AUK is getting bigger all the time (6,683 members and counting) it's worth remembering that we're still just a bunch of willing (or put-upon) volunteers fitting things in as best we can.

That people don't realise this is the curse of being competent.

« Reply #32 on: 09 January, 2016, 07:29:26 am »
Have you remembered to renew your AUK Membership?  Is it possible your membership expired on 31st December?  You can always check the status of your Membership at www.aukweb.net > Members > MyDetails.

You should have had a reminder to renew with November Arrivee.  MemSec also recently sent a reminder to all last year's members who hadn't managed to take appropriate action by 1st Jan, but if your registered email address is no longer valid you won't have got this.

If you need to renew, visit www.aukweb.nwet/renewals

Of course, if you have sent a cheque or arranged a standing order then please ignore this message and my team will process this shortly. 

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #33 on: 11 January, 2016, 02:20:01 pm »
Just joined for 5 years, it seemed by Paypal balance almost exactly matched.   

A bargain really.

I guess I'll have to get my arse in gear and do some now.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

mmmmartin

• BPB 1/1: PBP 0/1
    • FNRttC
« Reply #34 on: 11 January, 2016, 06:22:21 pm »
The disadvantage of taking out five year membership is that one can easily forget to renew at the end of the five years, as Auk membership just becomes a given.  However, you then should have a polite email from our oppressed membership secretary. DAHIKT

The five-year membership is just about the best thing since a Ginster's pasty at 3am in Barton Mills garage on a Tomsk event.
EDIT: just realsed I have repeated myself at a distance of five years!
and the five year deal is an absolute gift. you'd be mad not to.
Besides, it wouldn't be audacious if success were guaranteed.

« Reply #35 on: 11 January, 2016, 09:17:28 pm »
I'll be getting one of those emails next year, I think...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #36 on: 11 January, 2016, 09:37:06 pm »
So will I.
Joined in 1993 so need to renew before start of ***3 and ***8

« Reply #37 on: 24 December, 2016, 11:03:43 am »
One of the most common queries I get at this time of year is "have I renewed my AUK membership for next year"?  You can always find this out at www.aukweb.net > Members > MyDetails (you'll need to input your MemNo and Password) and look for the phrase "Valid until" which should give you an idea.

If your membership expires on 31st December 2016, then you should go to www.aukweb.net > MembershipRenewals

« Reply #38 on: 24 December, 2016, 11:44:33 am »
Off topic sorry but could someone remind me how to submit my club to the list in my details please. (one not listed)

« Reply #39 on: 26 December, 2016, 09:36:48 am »
Off topic sorry but could someone remind me how to submit my club to the list in my details please. (one not listed)

Send an email with the club name to membership@audax.uk.  A special welcome to Frodsham Wheelers as the latest addition to the lists

« Reply #40 on: 01 January, 2017, 02:31:39 pm »
Thanks, email sent  :thumbsup:

« Reply #41 on: 04 January, 2017, 01:10:42 pm »
How do you know if you have renewed your Audax UK membership for 2017? 
Go to www.aukweb.net > Members > MyDetails and look for the phrase "valid until December 20--" for a clue

If your membership has run out, go to www.aukweb.net/renewals.