Author Topic: Want to play with some olympus kit at the design Museum in SE1  (Read 4528 times)

Re: Want to play with some olympus kit at the design Museum in SE1
« Reply #25 on: 30 January, 2016, 10:36:19 pm »
Looking at the history the Pen F was half frame, which just happens to be exactly the same as M4/3. There are rumours of Olympus going full frame too.

If I recall correctly,  I thought nk it may also have had the reflex mirror and prism configured to deliver the viewfinder image to the left side of the body, electric minting the slr style pentagram hump on top of the camera.

« Reply #26 on: 04 February, 2016, 10:12:33 pm »
Looking at the history the Pen F was half frame, which just happens to be exactly the same as M4/3. There are rumours of Olympus going full frame too.

If I recall correctly,  I thought nk it may also have had the reflex mirror and prism configured to deliver the viewfinder image to the left side of the body, electric minting the slr style pentagram hump on top of the camera.

Sometimes you come back to a thread and find the android autocorrect has left your message virtually unintelligable

« Reply #27 on: 04 February, 2016, 10:13:21 pm »
Here's a review of sorts. Sorry, I didn't manage to get past the first 20% or so.

http://blog.atmtxphoto.com/2016/01/27/the-olympus-pen-f-review/

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #28 on: 08 February, 2016, 10:58:56 am »
If anyone still wants to play with this camera, there are sessions planned around the country - Gateshead, Glasgow, Norwich, London etc, and at major photographic retailers - Cameraworld, ffordes, Wex, Park, and, er, Selfridges. :/

I intend to go to the Park Cameras day on 20 Feb.
Getting there...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #29 on: 07 March, 2016, 01:49:39 pm »
I was too ill to attend that, but have since been into Park Cameras in Rathbone Place, London, where the Olympus rep just happened to be in store.  It is a very beautiful piece of engineering, and can be used sufficiently similarly to a film rangefinder that I felt immediately at home with the controls.

It's now a test of will to wait until the prices become a bit more sensible, but I am sure I will have one ere long.
Getting there...