General Category > Rides and Touring

Route suggestions ~150km out and back from London

(1/2) > >>

WOT:
I think this could be my 1st post here, good morning all.

I haven’t had the opportunity to get beyond 100km but find myself with an entire Monday to myself next week. I just have to be home for tea.

Starting and finishing in London, taking in ~150km of reasonably hilly cycling or ~200km of flat terrain, I can use an outbound or return train journey if necessary. It would be nice to pick up some scenery / points of interest but I’m in it to test myself really.

I have never been south of London on the bike, but any direction will do.

Would anybody be so kind as to suggest a route or a destination?

The Family Cyclist:
I don't know where abouts in London you mean but Google palace to Palace 90 mile route and that's not a bad start if you can get to near buck House or ammend route accordingly.

Oh and welcome to the mad House.

telstarbox:
Brighton and back is a well-worn favourite (plus many options to get a train back on the return leg if you've had enough).

I did a good ride from South London to Horsham and Littlehampton - certainly hilly and you get to finish at the seaside. The train takes longer back from there though.

On the Kent direction - what about Eynsford, West Malling, Cranbrook, Tenterden, Woodchurch, Sellindge, Canterbury - again plenty of trains back.

WOT:

--- Quote from: Johnny Faro on 23 October, 2019, 10:40:33 am ---I don't know where abouts in London you mean but Google palace to Palace 90 mile route and that's not a bad start if you can get to near buck House or ammend route accordingly.

Oh and welcome to the mad House.

--- End quote ---

I’ll be starting in SW so would work out nicely. Breakfast and Lunch with royalty, perfect.

--- Quote from: telstarbox on 23 October, 2019, 10:42:10 am ---Brighton and back is a well-worn favourite (plus many options to get a train back on the return leg if you've had enough).

I did a good ride from South London to Horsham and Littlehampton - certainly hilly and you get to finish at the seaside. The train takes longer back from there though.

On the Kent direction - what about Eynsford, West Malling, Cranbrook, Tenterden, Woodchurch, Sellindge, Canterbury - again plenty of trains back.

--- End quote ---

I’ll save that Brighton ride for sometime when I can coordinate life with one of the Friday night rides.

I have 3 options now for Monday and 2 remaining for future. Thanks folks!

bludger:
Ride of the Falling Leaves might be a goodun for you. Done lots of riding out in this neighbourhood and it's good quality.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/7739511

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version