Author Topic: iPhone full - how do I transfer photos to cloud or PC?  (Read 621 times)

Pancho

• لَا أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ
iPhone full - how do I transfer photos to cloud or PC?
« on: 30 November, 2015, 06:26:15 pm »
This is driving me mad.

I have an iPhone and it won't take more pics as it's full.

So I set up an iCloud account - but cannot for the life of me work out how to trigger an upload? If I try to turn off the "photo sync" option - intending to off-and-on again - it threatens to delete pictures.

Or, how can I plug in the iPhone and pull stuff across - using it as a USB - as I do on normal, sane, sensible phones.

You cannot believe how much I hate Apple. I only got this thing to Facetime my sprog.

ian

Re: iPhone full - how do I transfer photos to cloud or PC?
« Reply #1 on: 30 November, 2015, 06:39:12 pm »
Plug in, download, there's nothing special about the iPhone. It should be treated as any other camera is by Windows and appear in the Explorer with all the other drives and devices. Right click and select 'Import Pictures and Videos'. The delete them off your phone. There are more sophisticated ways, of course, it's probably not the best idea to keep your precious pictures on the phone itself.

Pancho

• لَا أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ
Re: iPhone full - how do I transfer photos to cloud or PC?
« Reply #2 on: 30 November, 2015, 07:03:48 pm »
Ah, it works this time.

The other times I've tried, I hadn't fired up the phone - so didn't get to see the "Do you trust this computer?" request.

VMT