Author Topic: Help with retrieving/creating 600k ride via Garmin Base Camp - etrex 30  (Read 1540 times)

Tried to upload the Pendle 600k last night from my etrex 30. I forgot to the clear the track, so had the drive over from Sheffield on the Garmin too. I just decided I'd trim it off when I uploaded. But for some reason I seem to only have the drive saved, even though I saved the track after the ride.

Any ideas? Will the ride be retrievable?

Thanks.

Re: Recorded car journey but not the ride (600k) - etrex 30
« Reply #1 on: 15 June, 2015, 06:44:41 am »

Damn, looking again it's the drive home that's uploaded. But I did save the ride.

« Reply #2 on: 15 June, 2015, 07:20:04 am »
Garmin Basecamp (free download these days, I think) is your friend.

« Reply #3 on: 15 June, 2015, 07:59:27 am »
Garmin Basecamp (free download these days, I think) is your friend.

Great thanks.

Any quick pointers as to what I need to do to edit and save the ride?

Changed the title to make it more relevant.

I've downloaded Base Camp and I can see the various segments. If anyone could let me know how to stitch them together to create the full ride it would be really appreciated.

Changed the title to make it more relevant.

I've downloaded Base Camp and I can see the various segments. If anyone could let me know how to stitch them together to create the full ride it would be really appreciated.

select your track segment in the left pane whilst pressing ctrl to select more than one segment > you right click > Advanced > join tracks, Reorder track segment if necessary in the pop-up windows

Thanks, but I don't know what is going off there. It's more difficult than the actual ride.

First, have you imported all the tracks? (Device->Import from device) can you see the track? should be on the bottom left. Double click on that an it will open, should be straight forward from there

I can see the tracks on the left. Can't seem to find import from device option. The device button top left doesn't appear to be clickable.

If you have the track on the left, you may want to duplicate it before you go anywhere (right click over it, ->duplicate)

Double click that will open the whole thing. Highlight where you want to split. Right click -> Divide. That will create a new file. Select that, File -> Export selected -> GPX, Job done

You're a gent, thanks. I'll give that a whirl.

Actually my tool of choice for cutting and saving tracks is GPX Editor http://sourceforge.net/projects/gpxeditor/ but it isn't exactly user friendly. Good luck, anyhow ;)

Done it! Nearly took as long as the ride!! I used GPX Editor which I found a lot easier than Basecamp. Thanks again. Much appreciated.