Author Topic: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 2945860 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
No surprises to learn that prominent among those triggered by the Gillette business is Piers "Morgan" Moron, the colossal bellend.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
I think that's how advertising works now.  Do something that'll appeal to young people, and wait for Piers Morgan to be a colossal bellend and massively amplify your efforts.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
No surprises to learn that prominent among those triggered by the Gillette business is Piers "Morgan" Moron, the colossal bellend.

When I first read his tweet on the subject, I assumed it must have come from a parody account.

Apparently not. He really is that colossal a bellend. But I suppose this should come as no surprise.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

He is the best a bellend can get.

ian

What's the big purple dingdong saying now?

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
"I've used @Gillette razors my entire adult life but this absurd virtue-signalling PC guff may drive me away to a company less eager to fuel the current pathetic global assault on masculinity.
Let boys be damn boys. 
Let men be damn men."

You couldn't make it up.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
They should get John McEnroe to reply (who used to advertise Bic, in between shouting at umpires).
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
I think that's how advertising works now.  Do something that'll appeal to young people, and wait for Piers Morgan to be a colossal bellend and massively amplify your efforts.
I used to think advertising types were oxygen thieves, but I think I may be coming to respect their career choice.  Getting paid to sit around on bean bags, drink fashionable beverages, shout random words into thin air and scribble meaningless "slogans" on white-boards and all the while with the comfortable glow that comes with knowing that what you're doing irritates the hell out of P. M that C.B. and may yet drive him to a fatal apoplexy.  Yes, they may be on to something...
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

ian

Surely if it's such a pathetic assault our masculinity is assured?

https://news.sky.com/story/gangland-hitman-mark-fellows-gets-whole-life-term-for-mob-murders-11609503

This trial is now over, after 2 months, so hopefully my morning & afternoon desktop power naps won't be disturbed by the police convoy taking the bad lads between the prison & court.  Usually 4 4x4's full of armed police, with the prison van in the middle & motorbikes as well, all with sirens blaring .  A friend who's been away in Amsterdam for a bit sent me a text, asking if there was some sort of terrorist incident going on, as there were that many chaps with guns, helmets & body armour around when she'd gone out for a walk.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
Upon leaving work on Wednesday, I spied a helicopter parked upon the mound opposite our office.

The Polis were stopping traffic, which seemed odd as the road only leads to their HQ (thus preventing their staff from getting to work!)

No other sign of what was going on, looking at the news feeds now (taken me this long to remember it), it appears that we were in the presence of royalty, as Princess Anne was paying a visit!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

I wonder if Prince Phillip's driving licence will now be revoked until he takes another test to prove he's still competent to drive?
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

andytheflyer

• Andytheex-flyer.....
I wonder if Prince Phillip's driving licence will now be revoked until he takes another test to prove he's still competent to drive?
Would you want to be the one to tell him?  We (rightly) stopped my late father (and keen motorist/ex rally driver) from driving in his early 80's as he'd just become too scary.  The reaction will stay with me to my grave.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Aye. The Inlaw Paw, a kind, thoughtful man all his life, never had an accident but was nonetheless terrifying behind the wheel.  When he & his missus moved over here at the age of 73 the thought of him trying to adapt to driving on the right was too much, and we prevailed on him to give up. He wasn't pleased.  But then, typically for the man, he bought us a new car.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Surely if it's such a pathetic assault our masculinity is assured?
Well, quite. If his masculinity is threatened by a pathetic assault, well, really doesn't say much for said masculinity, does it?
<i>Marmite slave</i>

ian

To be honest, what kind of man uses a sissy safety razor anyway. I trim my beard with a machete.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
I use an angry weasel to nibble away at my facial fuzz, you've seen that scene in 1984 right?
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Beardy

• Shedist
Real men don’t shave!
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

ian

I have a beard and I shave (my neck anyway). Tidy Hair demands it, of course. Of course, as an antidote to this outbreak of damn-gusseted milquetoastorialness, I immediately run outside to punch a bear while wolf-whistling at the local ladies who have, of course, gathered to watch my spontaneous outbreak of proper masculinity.

Beardy

• Shedist
Well I told my boy I love him and cooked the tea yesterday. I also chopped some kindling with a hatchet and made fire. Today’s task list includes cleaning the bathroom and doing a bit of vacuuming and dusting, oh, and making the tea again. None of these actions changed who I am, so I don’t get it really.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

fuzzy

Fear not Beardy, its just Piers Morgan (Collosal Bell End) doing what he does best- spouting off at the mouth in an apparantly educated matter about subjects he has little or no actual knowledge. Bit like Jeremy Clarkeson really.

I use an angry weasel to nibble away at my facial fuzz, you've seen that scene in 1984 right?

IIRC it was rats in Room 101 - you sure you're not thinking of one of Frank Zappa's album covers?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weasels_Ripped_My_Flesh#Album_cover
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
just a general example, I wasn't aware of the Frank Zappa example, I'll have to remember that for the next occaision.

“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
Fear not Beardy, its just Piers Morgan (Collosal Bell End) doing what he does best- spouting off at the mouth in an apparantly educated matter about subjects he has little or no actual knowledge. Bit like Jeremy Clarkeson really.
A crumpled fiver says he's being paid by the same marketing wonks that dream up the ideas that get him in a rage.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

fuzzy

A crumpled fiver says he's being paid by the same marketing wonks that dream up the ideas that get him in a rage.

Are you alledging that Piers Morgan (Collosal Bell End) is engaging in a bit of Bash for Cash?