Author Topic: ACME Easter Arrow Teams 2017  (Read 18282 times)

Re: ACME Easter Arrow Teams 2017
« Reply #50 on: 20 February, 2017, 10:30:44 pm »
Any new recruits to the Thursday evening teams? A fixed team would be fun - that's me, tippers, jibers?? Reluctantly, that sets the two hoots free to tow the other team...

Also any thoughts on preferred start times - that may decide who goes in which team?

I'd be up for joining a fixed team ;D , if there's a space?

But what's this talk of Thursday evening teams?? I thought 6AM Friday was the earliest permitted start time for Easter Arrows?

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #51 on: 21 February, 2017, 05:38:55 pm »
Any new recruits to the Thursday evening teams? A fixed team would be fun - that's me, tippers, jibers?? Reluctantly, that sets the two hoots free to tow the other team...

Also any thoughts on preferred start times - that may decide who goes in which team?

I'd be up for joining a fixed team ;D , if there's a space?

But what's this talk of Thursday evening teams?? I thought 6AM Friday was the earliest permitted start time for Easter Arrows?

We have permission from the organiser - it's been done before...

Tomsk's ACME Team is likely to include some fixies, Psyclist's ACME Team may contain a tandem and a recumbent - a more typical AUK peloton, which was why a fixed team appeals for a change: consider yourself 'in'.  :thumbsup:

We're still debating start times and exactly who is in which team...

Phil W

« Reply #52 on: 21 February, 2017, 06:59:23 pm »
Yes, plan is to be riding the recumbent.

« Reply #53 on: 22 February, 2017, 11:49:45 am »
Owing to a misbooking of my holiday (Easter is always at the start of the school holidays  :facepalm:) my week starting with the arrow is lining up as a potential epic week. It's all being broken to Mrs Tippers in a very fragmented way but she is smart enough to put it all together and so far she is accepting it is part and parcel of the LEL year.

I'm going to be brave and say I will do the Arrow on fixed. Hopefully that will take care of my 400 km ride for the Fixed SR leaving only a 600 for that. I am enjoying the fixed at the moment and figure that although I might not be the fastest I should be OK to hold a good enough tempo on the Arrow. Yes, that is me committing to riding the arrow on Fixed!

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #54 on: 22 February, 2017, 12:24:26 pm »
I'm not sure I've managed to convince myself of such a distance on fixed yet, only just broke the 100km barrier this weekend.  My present plan is still on gears but still considering how I could make it happen (need to resolve being able to carry stuff etc)
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #55 on: 22 February, 2017, 02:00:26 pm »
I'm not sure I've managed to convince myself of such a distance on fixed yet, only just broke the 100km barrier this weekend.  My present plan is still on gears but still considering how I could make it happen (need to resolve being able to carry stuff etc)

Resistance is futile.  Embrace your path.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #56 on: 22 February, 2017, 02:02:46 pm »
Lol
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #57 on: 25 February, 2017, 11:46:16 pm »

Tomsk's ACME Team is likely to include some fixies, Psyclist's ACME Team may contain a tandem and a recumbent - a more typical AUK peloton, which was why a fixed team appeals for a change: consider yourself 'in'.  :thumbsup:

We're still debating start times and exactly who is in which team...

Excellent. Thanks!

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #58 on: 27 February, 2017, 09:47:21 pm »
Folly, pm me your contact details and we'll see about firming-up the team plans. Maybe another get-together, at a randonnee in March?

I'm hopeful Mr Blackmore +1 will join in, probably on a Friday morning start.

« Reply #59 on: 28 February, 2017, 01:09:05 pm »
It turns out I'm unexpectedly available the Arrow weekend, but also turns out ACH's two arrow teams are already planned.

Are there any spaces for a fixed, friendly ACHer to join one of the ACME teams? Would be fantastic to ride with you. I'm medium-paced on the fix and potentially useful as I used to live in York. Friday morning start is no problem.

I'm at the Horsepower 200 for admin purposes (the Arrow team blood oath or similar).

Nim

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #60 on: 28 February, 2017, 06:09:26 pm »
Nim, you're in! [ACME won't let you out until after the initiation ceremony  ;)]

ACME Dynamite Fixed are starting Thursday evening, from Witham, probably around 7pm, and another team going an hour either side, probably same route.

Two Friday morning teams too...

We can talk more at the Horsepower on Saturday.

« Reply #61 on: 28 February, 2017, 09:27:11 pm »
ACME Dynamite Fixed are starting Thursday evening, from Witham, probably around 7pm, and another team going an hour either side, probably same route.
Excellent! This works for me. Speak to you at the weekend about practicalities.

Nim

« Reply #62 on: 01 March, 2017, 10:03:50 am »
Woohoo.....does that give us nearly a full compliment of Fixed riders Tomsk?

« Reply #63 on: 01 March, 2017, 10:06:04 pm »
Hopefully that will take care of my 400 km ride for the Fixed SR leaving only a 600 for that.

Which is what LEL is for.
Your next 1200's your best 1200.

« Reply #64 on: 01 March, 2017, 10:07:56 pm »
Are you sure you can't be tempted over to ACME team Fixie

Not with you hooligans. 

It is entirely possible that myself, Bobb and the Award Winner will all ride fixed in the civilised group that is team anvil.

I rode fixed with Tomsk, Tippers, PhilW and the late RichE all on gears last year — the tailwind certainly helped, but the overall speed was well within fixed-gear range on 72-inches.  I had no trouble keeping up, even the one or two hills were no real problem, just gotta keep on top of the gear.

Are you arrowing this year?

wilkyboy

• "nick" by any other name
    • 16-inch wheels
« Reply #65 on: 02 March, 2017, 11:00:40 am »
I rode fixed with Tomsk, Tippers, PhilW and the late RichE all on gears last year — the tailwind certainly helped, but the overall speed was well within fixed-gear range on 72-inches.  I had no trouble keeping up, even the one or two hills were no real problem, just gotta keep on top of the gear.

Yes — I'm leading a team out of Cambridge.  You?
Lockdown lethargy. RRTY: wot's that? Can't remember if I'm on #8 or #9 ...

« Reply #66 on: 02 March, 2017, 11:06:05 am »
Hopefully that will take care of my 400 km ride for the Fixed SR leaving only a 600 for that.

Stop it! It keeps coming and going but luckily I am investing in my geared bike so I will have no choice  :facepalm:

The Flatlands is my 600km for the Fixed SR and i will need a reason to give Mrs Tippers to ride that after LEL, hopefully she doesn't realise that there is no special award for a Fixed SR...or is there?

wilkyboy

• 16-inch wheels
« Reply #67 on: 02 March, 2017, 11:08:37 am »
Stop it! It keeps coming and going but luckily I am investing in my geared bike so I will have no choice  :facepalm:

You know you want to! ;D

The Flatlands is my 600km for the Fixed SR and i will need a reason to give Mrs Tippers to ride that after LEL, hopefully she doesn't realise that there is no special award for a Fixed SR...or is there?

This — http://www.aukweb.net/results/fixed/  :thumbsup:

Phil W

« Reply #68 on: 02 March, 2017, 11:34:44 am »

Wilkyboy says he'll do the Arrow on a Brompton if you'll do it on fixed.... :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :o :o :o :o

wilkyboy

• 16-inch wheels
« Reply #69 on: 02 March, 2017, 11:52:31 am »
Wilkyboy says he'll do the Arrow on a Brompton if you'll do it on fixed.... :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :o :o :o :o

Sorry to disappoint you, Phil, but the B was stolen back in October  :'(

Phil W

« Reply #70 on: 02 March, 2017, 11:56:38 am »
Bastards....

I won't be at the Horsepower this weekend as away supporting wife at a running event.

« Reply #71 on: 02 March, 2017, 03:22:18 pm »
I have committed to the arrow on Fixed already.....Fixed and Foot I suspect it will end up being  ;D

« Reply #72 on: 02 March, 2017, 08:37:59 pm »

You've just not thought this through carefully enough. You need to explain to Mrs Tippers that LEL will be an opportunity to get your Fixed SR. Then when you return home, the LEL-conquering fixed hero, you let slip that you were told by someone who knows these things that, technically, a proper SR really must be a 2, 3, 4 & 6 and so although you have ridden a 1400, if you're going to get your shiny medal - which you also just learned about on your way round LEL - you're going to have to do the thing properly by riding The Flatlands. In the meantime, make sure you're only looking at yacf in incognito mode.

You're welcome.

« Reply #73 on: 02 March, 2017, 08:39:15 pm »

Yes — I'm leading a team out of Cambridge.  You?

I have a train ticket from York and a bike space booked but no team. I'm sure I'll sort something out.

« Reply #74 on: 02 March, 2017, 08:52:18 pm »

This — http://www.aukweb.net/results/fixed/  :thumbsup:

There's also the Randonneur 2,500 to think about, which requires a 1000km+ ride on top of an SR.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43