Author Topic: ACME Easter Arrow Teams 2017  (Read 18330 times)

Re: ACME Easter Arrow Teams 2017
« Reply #75 on: 02 March, 2017, 09:45:53 pm »
The Flatlands is my 600km for the Fixed SR and i will need a reason to give Mrs Tippers to ride that after LEL, hopefully she doesn't realise that there is no special award for a Fixed SR...or is there?

This — http://www.aukweb.net/results/fixed/  :thumbsup:

There's also the Randonneur 2,500 to think about, which requires a 1000km+ ride on top of an SR.

I think tippers_kiwi's season on fixed is now officially taken care of.
Your next 1200's your best 1200.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #76 on: 03 March, 2017, 06:26:42 am »
tippers, don't listen to them.  Mrs tippers is a sensible women, she'll work it out and BBQ your cheeky bits - slowly.  And you're too big to fit in our spare room.

« Reply #77 on: 03 March, 2017, 09:09:30 am »
The Flatlands is my 600km for the Fixed SR and i will need a reason to give Mrs Tippers to ride that after LEL, hopefully she doesn't realise that there is no special award for a Fixed SR...or is there?

This — http://www.aukweb.net/results/fixed/  :thumbsup:

There's also the Randonneur 2,500 to think about, which requires a 1000km+ ride on top of an SR.
Thinking will be as far as that one goes.

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #78 on: 10 March, 2017, 07:19:41 pm »
Any more takers for a fourth Arrow Team - Friday morning start? We have possibly three riders, maybe a Chelmsford start...you know you want to.  :D

ACME Dynamite Fixed are raring to go, co-ordinated gearing too  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Gosh it's exciting  ;D

ACME Dynamite [Allsorts?] should be: one fixed, one solo, one recumbent and one tandem. Interesting...

ACME Anvils [5] are all sorted I think...

« Reply #79 on: 20 March, 2017, 12:32:49 pm »
ACME Dynamite Fusion update

At the moment a 7pm Chelmsford start looks favourite, but I need replies from the 2 remaining 'cycling units' who have not yet responded to my email sent at the beginning of the weekend. I don't know your yacf names, but I think one is bhoot, is the other Phil W?

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #80 on: 20 March, 2017, 10:47:19 pm »
Any more takers for a fourth Arrow Team - Friday morning start? We have possibly three riders, maybe a Chelmsford start...you know you want to.  :D

ACME Dynamite Fixed are raring to go, co-ordinated gearing too  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Gosh it's exciting  ;D

ACME Dynamite [Allsorts?] should be: one fixed, one solo, one recumbent and one tandem. Interesting...

ACME Anvils [5] are all sorted I think...
Oh no! I've said I'll join the Suffolk team now (a further 100km away).
Bikes are for riding, not cleaning!

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #81 on: 21 March, 2017, 07:23:06 am »

At the moment a 7pm Chelmsford start looks favourite, but I need replies from the 2 remaining 'cycling units' who have not yet responded to my email sent at the beginning of the weekend. I don't know your yacf names, but I think one is bhoot, is the other Phil W?

PMs? Guilty myself of losing stuff in a crammed inbox. [And yes: bhoot and Phil W on here]

Phil W

« Reply #82 on: 22 March, 2017, 08:37:19 pm »

PMs? Guilty myself of losing stuff in a crammed inbox. [And yes: bhoot and Phil W on here]

Just a case of riding Pork Pie 200 on Sat, walking Sunday and not looking at email. All caught up now and we are now discussing important stuff like pre Arrow meet up location and feed.

« Reply #83 on: 28 March, 2017, 02:34:59 pm »

All forms have been submitted and should be with the organiser today, or tomorrow at the latest.

Next step is to 'join the dots' on the route. Do we have an end destination in mind, which if pacing goes well we would hope to arrive at dead-on? Given that we will be arriving in York 1 hour in advance of ACME Dynamite Fixed, it seems sensible to aim for the same end point.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #84 on: 28 March, 2017, 02:54:52 pm »
I thought the Punch Bowl in York was the only place you were allowed to end up.

« Reply #85 on: 28 March, 2017, 03:02:04 pm »
We are banned from the Punch Bowl - http://forum.audax.uk/index.php?topic=1237.0

Oscar's dad

« Reply #86 on: 28 March, 2017, 03:39:00 pm »
I can't get on the AUK forum. What did we do to get banned?

« Reply #87 on: 28 March, 2017, 03:42:36 pm »
"Following last year's Easter Arrow/Trail, Audax UK have been contacted by the manager of the Punch Bowl and informed that we are no longer welcome there. I believe this also applies to riders on the Summer Arrows and Darts. Therefore, I'd be grateful if everyone avoided going to this particular pub after the Arrows/Darts/Trails as it is likely to only lead to animosity and further complaints."

« Reply #88 on: 28 March, 2017, 04:18:44 pm »
On that forum there is also mention of a proposed alternative ... Postern Gate, with the added advantage that the "Postern Gate shares a modern purpose built building with the York Central Travelodge". If that is indeed the one Jiberjaber has kindly booked, then that could be the destination. Handy for a quick shower before a night on the town.

« Reply #89 on: 28 March, 2017, 04:27:39 pm »
On that forum there is also mention of a proposed alternative ... Postern Gate, with the added advantage that the "Postern Gate shares a modern purpose built building with the York Central Travelodge". If that is indeed the one Jiberjaber has kindly booked, then that could be the destination. Handy for a quick shower before a night on the town.
Or a night in a Bed! We called in at the Postern Gate last year to kill a bit of time before moving to the Puch Bowl. I am actually a little excited about the arrow now, although still slightly apprehensive about keeping up with the others on the fixed....It will all come good and we will have a jolly good laugh once we are in York.

Phil W

« Reply #90 on: 28 March, 2017, 04:51:54 pm »
"Oh how we laughed." A future quote from tippers

megajoulesexpenditure

« Reply #91 on: 03 April, 2017, 08:08:52 pm »
That's all four ACME teams sorted and cards sent out. Have a great trip😉

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #92 on: 03 April, 2017, 08:54:26 pm »
Thank you for the encouragement Mrs Organiser  :thumbsup:

Four Essex Teams! Well done Captains and willing victims happy smiling punters. A record and something to be proud of  :thumbsup:

megajoulesexpenditure

« Reply #93 on: 04 April, 2017, 09:15:49 am »
You're welcome. Pedal Up! 8)

Four Essex Teams! Well done Captains and willing victims happy smiling punters. A record and something to be proud of  :thumbsup:

« Reply #94 on: 04 April, 2017, 09:19:00 am »

Best get back on the fixed for a few rides I guess :-)

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #95 on: 04 April, 2017, 09:28:53 am »
So to recap on the bookings for Friday night:

Room 1 Double, 2 adults
Room 2 Double, 2 adults
Room 3 Double, 1 adults
Room 4 Double, 1 adults
Room 5 Double, 1 adults

There doesn't appear to be any price difference between the occupancy of the rooms, I think its just so they know the number and names of occupying soles...

Emails gone out today to the names against Rooms 2, 3, 4 and 5 with the details.

It's getting exciting!

I think think I will switch back to my B17 seat for this one! :D
Regards,

Joergen

Phil W

« Reply #96 on: 04 April, 2017, 12:42:00 pm »
So to recap on the bookings for Friday night:

Room 1 Double, 2 adults
Room 2 Double, 2 adults
Room 3 Double, 1 adults
Room 4 Double, 1 adults
Room 5 Double, 1 adults

There doesn't appear to be any price difference between the occupancy of the rooms, I think its just so they know the number and names of occupying soles...

Emails gone out today to the names against Rooms 2, 3, 4 and 5 with the details.

It's getting exciting!

I think think I will switch back to my B17 seat for this one! :D

Any of those 3,4,5 room occupants willing to share? Realised I'd forgotten about accommodation. Don't worry if not and I'll get something booked.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #97 on: 10 April, 2017, 05:34:39 pm »
Whilst I was heading up to Saturday's Audax I heard on the radio that Barton Mills Esso garage had a fire - I don't think it has effected the McD's there but may be worth keeping in mind if anyone else is planning to control there.

Luggage carrying in the jiberjaber team car is still available however the arrangement to get stuff on it are complicated by it not being available for Thursday night collection of luggage...  So if you want anything transferring up to York for Friday night / Saturday morning, we could arrange for exchange on Wednesday night at The Woolpack Chelmsford - time to suit the majority, plus bonus potential for early sampling their beer festival (not confirmed though).

If anyone wants to take up the onward transfer of stuff up to York, please let me know before Wednesday so I can arrange the car to be in the right place etc...

Regards,

Joergen

Phil W

« Reply #98 on: 10 April, 2017, 05:48:25 pm »
Just a change of footwear and lightweight clothing for me. So I'll carry it in the banana bags during the ride.

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #99 on: 10 April, 2017, 07:04:13 pm »
We will be fine for luggage, we will probably have the wind blocking small panniers which seem to cover this type of ride quite nicely.