Author Topic: Caption it # 1861  (Read 2531 times)

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Caption it # 1861
« on: 07 March, 2017, 10:09:18 pm »
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Re: Caption it # 1861
« Reply #1 on: 08 March, 2017, 08:02:24 am »
"...and we'll give that Sousa upstart one up the Arsch".
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #2 on: 08 March, 2017, 11:53:33 am »
Weapons of Bass Destruction.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #3 on: 08 March, 2017, 01:14:27 pm »
Premiere of the 1812.

« Reply #4 on: 08 March, 2017, 07:36:37 pm »
This is where Trump's +$54B arms increase should go - powered by his hot air, the supply of which seems endless

meddyg

• 'You'll have had your tea?'
« Reply #5 on: 10 March, 2017, 11:06:22 pm »
So you, see, Radetsky, we now have the best bass section in all of Germany's Military Bands !

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #6 on: 11 March, 2017, 06:12:04 pm »
That's one hell of a flashmob.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #7 on: 12 March, 2017, 05:24:46 pm »
"You fool, when the kaiser said he was feeling massively horny, he wanted something quite different."

« Reply #8 on: 13 March, 2017, 09:30:15 am »
"Ze taktik is simple - we play them their National Anthem, when they all stand up we shoot the fokkers to ribbons ..."

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #9 on: 13 March, 2017, 02:36:52 pm »
At last!  We have a chance to beat The Wild Bunch in the Soundclash.
Getting there...

meddyg

• 'You'll have had your tea?'
« Reply #10 on: 13 March, 2017, 10:37:18 pm »
Let me tell ya folks, it's disgraceful, it's fake news - nothing to do with college brass bands or sousaphones  !

"The impressive array of Japanese war-tubas belong to at least two acoustic locators mounted on 4-wheel carriages. It is a little difficult to work exactly what is connected to what, not least because the background appears to have been erased by some unsubtle retouching, but I think that the format is the same as the British model; there are two horns in a horizontal plane, and on one side of the mounting there are two more in a vertical plane. The equipment was called the 'Type 90 Large Detector'. There was a smaller version called the 'Type 90 Small Detector'. See below.

To the right, one of the figures is the Japanese emperor Hirohito. Behind him are the AA guns intended to be used in conjunction with the locators. The only Japanese gun that I have found documented as being used with a sound locator is the Type 88 dual-purpose AA/coast-defence 75mm; there is not enough visible detail to verify that these are the guns shown in the picture, but they look about the right size."

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #11 on: 14 March, 2017, 08:11:05 am »
What a rubbish caption!   ;)

Thanks for the explanation.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #12 on: 14 March, 2017, 08:18:54 am »
But that's trivial: next up we have the drum kit.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #13 on: 14 March, 2017, 08:58:31 am »
"These go up to 11"
It is simpler than it looks.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #14 on: 14 March, 2017, 03:39:24 pm »
Let me tell ya folks, it's disgraceful, it's fake news - nothing to do with college brass bands or sousaphones  !

"The impressive array of Japanese war-tubas belong to at least two acoustic locators mounted on 4-wheel carriages. It is a little difficult to work exactly what is connected to what, not least because the background appears to have been erased by some unsubtle retouching, but I think that the format is the same as the British model; there are two horns in a horizontal plane, and on one side of the mounting there are two more in a vertical plane. The equipment was called the 'Type 90 Large Detector'. There was a smaller version called the 'Type 90 Small Detector'. See below.

To the right, one of the figures is the Japanese emperor Hirohito. Behind him are the AA guns intended to be used in conjunction with the locators. The only Japanese gun that I have found documented as being used with a sound locator is the Type 88 dual-purpose AA/coast-defence 75mm; there is not enough visible detail to verify that these are the guns shown in the picture, but they look about the right size."

In the light of which:

- "We can hear wee Jimmy in Ahoghill tuning up his Lambeg".
- "Prod bastard".