Author Topic: CTC AGM 2017 you do not need to be a member  (Read 1028 times)

Philip Benstead

• Cycling4ALL - say No Bike No Life
CTC AGM 2017 you do not need to be a member
« on: 30 March, 2017, 02:00:43 pm »
PLEASE NOTE
I have had discussion with the National Trust, I learnt the following information:

•   They have a nomination committee for election to the trustees and make recommendation to the members.
•   Any member is entitled to stand as long they are not bankrupt.
•   If they are not recommended they can still for election.
•   I ask if the National Trust have try to stop anybody stand I was told they are not permitted their constitution, but if they tried their solicitor would jump upon the National Trust.
•   Non-recommended members have been elected and reelected.

NOW SEE WHAT CUK IS DOING

Cycling UK

Report – Memorandum and Articles

Amendments following Member Consultation

3             Issues for Consideration

There were over one hundred responses to the open question in the survey on changes to the membership structure.   There were about 240 responses to the request for any other comments. Those responses from members raise several issues for the Trustees to consider and these are listed below.   Each comment has been considered and a response with notes where appropriate has been provided to the Operations Director.   The revised articles of association incorporate changes to reflect, where appropriate, the comments received.

3.1          Should there be a requirement that new charity trustees must have been a member of the charity for at least a year?

We have assumed that this is not desired at present – and that is reflected in the revised draft memorandum and articles of association.

CTC AGM 2016

6)  Elections to Council
This AGM proposes that candidates must have been fully paid-up members for least a year prior to the closing date for nominations.  Candidates shall state on their election address the date they joined CTC and length of time as members.
Proposed by:  Philip Benstead
Seconded by: Arthur Spur
CARRIED:
For= 1741.
Against= 1328.
Abstentions = 1.

CTC ELECTIONS RESULTS 2016

I think you may find these figures interesting.

NO NONMEMBER GOT ELECTED AND

31 CTC MEMBERS WERE PREVENTED FROM STANDING

CTC ELECTIONS RESULTS 2016

CTC ELECTIONS RESULTS 2016      Votes       % of membership       % of vote       Join CTC   Length in CTC Approx.
Assuming CTC membership of              64,000       100.00                   
Total valid votes cast,                  3,440       5.38                    100.00           
Dr Janet Atherton                    1,875       2.93                    54.51       01-01-14   2 years 8 months
Rachel Kirkwood                                   1,200           1.88                              34.88       01-08-14      3 years
Other candidates X 8                 365               0.57                    10.61       ALL NON-MEMBERS
GRAND TOTAL                            3,440           5.38                    100.00           
Dr Julian Huppert                         2,066       3.23                    60.06       01-01-14   2 years 8 months
Other candidates x 1                 1,374       2.15                    39.94           
SENIOR TOTAL                                   3,440       100.00                    100.00           

Averages for unsuccessful candidates   46               0.01                       1.33           

Total number of contestants X 10      10                           

I found these figures interesting, there has been a slight increase compared to the average turnout on most previous contested elections from 3 to 5 % (excluding 2015). But since the year 2000 the percentage turn out is about the same. It should also be notes in the previous national election in in 1992? Jim Brown winner for the national seat received 0.03% of the membership vote whilst Philip Benstead going for a regional seat won received more votes in absolute and percentage terms than Jim.

Philip Benstead B.Env.Sc. (Hons.), NSI

Independent Cycle Campaigner and Cycle Consultant
DfT accredited BikeAbility Instructor / L3 Mechanic
07949801698 cycling4westminster@gmail.com