Author Topic: Recommend a 7 inch tablet  (Read 5846 times)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Recommend a 7 inch tablet
« Reply #25 on: 19 August, 2017, 07:28:45 pm »
For cycle touring I think it is near perfect.

That's the thing - there's a lot to be said for something that's cheap enough that you don't have to be too precious about it when you're carrying it around on a bike.   :thumbsup:

« Reply #26 on: 19 August, 2017, 07:57:57 pm »
The Lenovo Tab 4 looks pretty good. Though only available in 8" or 10". It is a newer Android version, and faster processor and higher resolution than the Tab 3.
Argos have it for £100, I might buy one.

Sounds good fuaran. The 7 inch is on the verge of usability for some applicstions with my podgy fingers. Might be worth checking the argos ebay site. I think they often do "shop soiled" ones which are to all intents, if grade A, good as new. Often just an opened box or whatever. They seem pretty straight/rigorous with describing the condition of individual items.

« Reply #27 on: 10 September, 2017, 01:02:26 am »
I bought two Nexus 7's when they first came out and they both stopped working within a week or two of each other, about 14 months after purchase. Not too happy with that.

To replace them I bought myself a Lenovo 8" (5500 model) and my son a Samsung, both of which are going strong a couple of years later.

The Lenovo was much cheaper than the Samsung or the Nexus but has been great. I use it constantly and have taken it on a couple of tours where it's lived in a large sandwich bag in my panniers. My son's happy with the Samsung but doesn't seem to use it half as much as I use the Lenovo.