Author Topic: Elite (original) from Frontier  (Read 4336 times)

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
Re: Elite (original) from Frontier
« Reply #25 on: 01 March, 2018, 08:38:23 pm »
* PONG best ever game, trufac!
*Cough*
I think you mean, (Super) Star Trek.  :)

NAV 4,1
PHA 500
Firing phasers...
Klingon ship damaged.
WAR 2
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

« Reply #26 on: 10 March, 2018, 01:57:49 pm »
I've invested about 40 hours into Elite Dangerous this week. I don't own the game, I'm just mesmerised by videos of it on YouTube... So tempted  ;D

« Reply #27 on: 10 March, 2018, 02:01:46 pm »
Have a look at the voice packs......... :-D
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #28 on: 10 March, 2018, 02:34:27 pm »
I'd have bought Elite when it was reduced to a fiver but I've been spending hundred of hours on Kerbal Space Program recently and knew it wouldn't get played.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

Morat

• I tried to HTFU but something went ping :(
« Reply #29 on: 11 March, 2018, 12:32:53 pm »
I've invested about 40 hours into Elite Dangerous this week. I don't own the game, I'm just mesmerised by videos of it on YouTube... So tempted  ;D

IMO there are deep flaws in the gameplay, but I'm not the target market. If you are a PvE sort of player then it's probably up your street. If you prefer solo play, that's completely catered for and probably the most seamless aspect of the game.
Then again the game space is so huge that it's completey possible to fly in "open" (anyone can join you in an instance) and never see any human controlled spaceships from month to month. It depends where you are.
Everyone's favourite windbreak

Chris S

« Reply #30 on: 14 March, 2018, 11:00:09 pm »
Put it another way - "Space is big. Really big."

I don't find the gameplay anywhere near as flawed as others. I'm also not the kind of person to nit-pick their way through all the plot-holes in a film either; I'm happy to suspend disbelief and immerse myself.

Sure, there are some howlers; Eg: Ally yourself to The Federation but rank-grind for Imperial ships because they look nicer? Okaaay.

I've played a lot. There's a great deal of repetitive gameplay; it's what the Frontier/Braben franchise deal in; if you don't like grindy games, you probably won't like E:D.