Author Topic: Bought any photography stuff today?  (Read 170828 times)

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
  • Ain't no hooves on my bike.
Re: Bought any photography stuff today?
« Reply #525 on: 11 June, 2015, 05:13:38 pm »
An extra battery for my newly-acquired Panasonic GF1. £12.99 on eBay for (apparently) a genuine part. One of the advantages of owning an older model :).
Pen Pusher

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #526 on: 11 June, 2015, 05:37:07 pm »
Pentax DA 18-135mm WR - a really decent general-purpose weather-resistant lens.  Review.  I'm an idiot for not getting one bundled with my K-3 and saving a packet, but I was too locked into thinking I had enough lenses already.  In fact I'll have fewer lenses as this will replace my 18-55 and 50-200 WR lenses (for sale, plug, plug).  It's my first with a built-in focusing motor - a quiet and smooth delight.

Was tempted by the 18-270mm, but that extra reach costs 50 grams and 50 quid extra, and it's not WR and is slower at some apertures.  A compromise would have been the Tamron 18-200mm - far cheaper than the Pentax 18-135mm and no heavier, but again no WR and possibly worse compatibility.

^ Put the hood on, you wally, it's raining!
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #527 on: 11 June, 2015, 11:29:28 pm »
Picked up a Kaiser VCP7002 enlarger and a LPL C6700 enlarger off Ebay a fiver a piece , one in Sheffield and the other 5 minutes from my front door  :) only wanted the Kaiser as replacement bulbs are a damn sight cheaper than my Philips Tri-One but the LPL was heading for the tip if it didn't sell which would have been a shame .

Paul

A bargain. Total bargain!!
It is simpler than it looks.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #528 on: 12 June, 2015, 05:22:10 am »
Biggsy, I was a bit blase about the value of weather resistance till this year, when it seems to have rained every day.
Getting there...

« Reply #529 on: 12 June, 2015, 09:18:30 am »
A Vivitar 400mm f5.6 OM fit, plus a OM-M4/3 adaptor for the princely sum of £34.13, for a bit of a play.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #530 on: 12 June, 2015, 04:22:26 pm »
No me but my dad bought a Canon 300mm f2.8 L IS USM II

It's extraordinary. Makes a sharper than average pin look blunt.
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #531 on: 13 June, 2015, 10:01:44 pm »
A Kenlock 3000 tripod. Not light, but solid and all in working order. Best bit? It cost a princely £12.50!!!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #532 on: 13 June, 2015, 10:52:24 pm »
Bargainacious!
Getting there...

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #533 on: 14 June, 2015, 12:33:52 am »
No me but my dad bought a Canon 300mm f2.8 L IS USM II

It's extraordinary. Makes a sharper than average pin look blunt.

Quite a good price too  :o
It is simpler than it looks.

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #534 on: 14 June, 2015, 03:09:37 pm »
I have an 055 - worth every penny.

Damn you all !!

I bought a 55 PRO 3 .

I love it already (owned it for about an hour). 
Aluminium version so it will take some lugging up Everest should that ever happen but it's in a different universe of sturdiness compared to what I had.

"Rock-solid" doesn't really do it justice and the 90 degree flip-out centre-column/boom looks extremely useful for low-level work.

Damn you all for the condition of my credit card.

paul851

« Reply #535 on: 15 June, 2015, 10:33:43 am »
Picked up a Kaiser VCP7002 enlarger and a LPL C6700 enlarger off Ebay a fiver a piece , one in Sheffield and the other 5 minutes from my front door  :) only wanted the Kaiser as replacement bulbs are a damn sight cheaper than my Philips Tri-One but the LPL was heading for the tip if it didn't sell which would have been a shame .

Paul

A bargain. Total bargain!!

I think so  :) did I mention both enlargers came with timers ? the LPL has a Baeuerle timer and the Kaiser came with a Rayco micro timer  ;D I will stick with my old RH designs zonemaster and Timer II though  :)

Paul

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #536 on: 17 June, 2015, 12:06:32 am »
I have an 055 - worth every penny.

Damn you all !!

I bought a 55 PRO 3 .

I love it already (owned it for about an hour). 
Aluminium version so it will take some lugging up Everest should that ever happen but it's in a different universe of sturdiness compared to what I had.

"Rock-solid" doesn't really do it justice and the 90 degree flip-out centre-column/boom looks extremely useful for low-level work.

Damn you all for the condition of my credit card.

:) it is a nice pair of legs.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #537 on: 17 June, 2015, 03:45:00 pm »
A faux leather ever ready case for my X20. was a bit fed up of carrying it in a dry bag inside my satchel and fancied that old school feel.

A bargain at £25 quid ( the genuine one is around £60 ), even if I have to modify it a bit to make it fit better.

D.
Somewhat of a professional tea drinker.

« Reply #538 on: 20 June, 2015, 07:19:48 pm »
A genuine Vivitar 2x teleconvertor (complete with original leather case) for the princely sum of £14, to go with the 400mm f5.6 Vivitar telephoto I got a recently. On a 4/3 camera that's what, 1600mm  ;D   Need a brighter day that today though, and for the hares to be this side of the filed, not 100m further away on the other side!

Oh, and a second hand Manfrotto 3-way pan and tilt head.

« Reply #539 on: 20 June, 2015, 09:17:16 pm »
Can the 055 flippy column still be pulled right out and reversed to get even lower and/or be used as a copier stand?

« Reply #540 on: 21 June, 2015, 11:04:45 am »
Can the 055 flippy column still be pulled right out and reversed to get even lower and/or be used as a copier stand?

It can be pulled out then swung 90 degrees so that it is horizontal, if that's what you mean. Also means the tripod can be used down to around 15" height.

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #541 on: 21 June, 2015, 01:39:07 pm »

It can be pulled out then swung 90 degrees so that it is horizontal, if that's what you mean. Also means the tripod can be used down to around 15" height.

Actually the tripod can lie almost flat (not quite, it's still a tripod) so the head is more like 3" off the floor, on the horizontal beam

I suppose you could then potentially use the ball head to get the camera flat to the floor .

« Reply #542 on: 21 June, 2015, 03:17:25 pm »

I suppose you could then potentially use the ball head to get the camera flat to the floor .

Or one of the fancy 3-way heads that has a lateral slide adjustment on the top plate?

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #543 on: 26 June, 2015, 02:25:17 pm »
Looks like my Tesco Clubcard Boost points just got me a free Canon 85mm f1.8 USM.

I'll just add this to the thousands of pounds worth of free stuff my clubcard has got me.

It's actually the dedicated portrait lens I wanted but couldn't justify right now.

Tesco Clubcard "Boost" points just bagged me a free Canon s120 "snapper".

It should arrive on Monday.

Actually it should be a whole lot more than a snapper, it seems quite sophisticated although the s70 is the only high-end pocket camera I've ever owned and things have moved on since that was the one to own.

Anyone used one?

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #544 on: 26 June, 2015, 03:50:08 pm »
5* Nikon batteries, as I found that we never have any available when I want to use my D60.  This is, usually, due to Mrs T "borrowing" them all and claiming she didn't realise we only have 3!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

paul851

« Reply #545 on: 04 July, 2015, 07:41:53 pm »
A near mint Yashica-mat 635 complete with it's 35mm adaptor and a close up set no.1

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
« Reply #546 on: 08 July, 2015, 08:50:18 am »
A Sony RX100 compact, for photography when I don't want to lug the monstrous A77 and its collection of lenses and accessories about.  And no, Mr Currys sales person, I don't mean I want the RX100 3, I mean I want an RX100.  I'm not after an all singing all dancing wonder camera, I just want a straightforward little thing that will do RAW, has a reasonable sensor size and moderate zoomability, and yes, I've noticed these others with eleventy zillion times zoom, I'm not bloody interested, now just get me the last RX100 in Hampshire out of the cabinet and let me on my way....

I'd have bought it from a real camera shop if I hadn't been such an idiot and only decided I needed a small camera 2 days before I go to France...

Used it for work this morning, seems to do its job. Hardest thing for me is using a traditional "round the lens" aperture ring, but a wiggly lever for zoom.
Wombat

Thor

• Super-sonnicus idioticus
« Reply #547 on: 09 July, 2015, 10:04:37 am »
Hardest thing for me is using a traditional "round the lens" aperture ring, but a wiggly lever for zoom.

'Course, you can reconfigure the lens ring to do zoom, if that helps.  Then you'd have to control aperture using the rear wheel. 
It was a day like any other in Ireland, only it wasn't raining

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
  • Ain't no hooves on my bike.
« Reply #548 on: 09 July, 2015, 11:02:11 am »
Finally got round to buying a (used) Panasonic 20mm/f1.7 for my GF1 :smug:. Fabulous bit of kit.
Pen Pusher

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #549 on: 09 July, 2015, 11:49:52 am »
I wish I could configure my XZ to focus using the lens ring.  I like using it for aperture, mind.  Zoom is a wiggly lever.

My E-PL1 has zoom & focus rings, but aperture is on a nasty push-button system.

Getting there...