Author Topic: Suffolk Section of the Tandem Club.  (Read 2310 times)

Suffolk Section of the Tandem Club.
« on: 04 September, 2011, 06:31:00 pm »
I have recently acquired a tandem, and become a member of the Tandem Club.  I decided to join in order to maximise the amount of pleasure we could get from the bike.

Today we went on our first ride with the Suffolk Section of the club, and what an enjoyable experience it turned out to be.  Everyone took pains to welcome me and my young son, involving him in conversations, and looking after us.  It was very clear that members enjoyed the social aspect of the club.

If you think that the Tandem Club may be for you, then I would highly recommend giving it a try. 

Riding a Dahon Jetstream P9 folder, a Decathlon Fitness 3 flat-barred road bike, a Claud Butler Cape Wrath MTB, a Moulton-based tandem, a TW 'Bents recumbent trike, and a Scott CR1 Comp.

Re: Suffolk Section of the Tandem Club.
« Reply #1 on: 07 September, 2011, 07:26:37 pm »
Welcome to the Club.  It's not just Suffolk that is freindly, Surrey and Sussex is as well!

Hope you have many enjoyable miles and years tandemming!

R

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
  • Ain't no hooves on my bike.
« Reply #2 on: 07 September, 2011, 11:25:39 pm »
 8)

Where was the ride?
Pen Pusher

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #3 on: 08 September, 2011, 01:17:31 pm »
Welcome to the Club.  It's not just Suffolk that is freindly, Surrey and Sussex is as well!

He's not wrong.

Hope you have many enjoyable miles and years tandemming!

R

Echo that.  Russell, are you riding on Sunday?
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

« Reply #4 on: 08 September, 2011, 07:18:41 pm »

Echo that.  Russell, are you riding on Sunday?

We plan to but we will be slow as we haven't ridden much lately!

R

[/quote]

« Reply #5 on: 25 September, 2011, 07:59:25 pm »
8)

Where was the ride?

We started off from Newmarket and wandered over towards Bury St Edmunds, covering some of the villages on the south side of Newmarket before returning there.
Riding a Dahon Jetstream P9 folder, a Decathlon Fitness 3 flat-barred road bike, a Claud Butler Cape Wrath MTB, a Moulton-based tandem, a TW 'Bents recumbent trike, and a Scott CR1 Comp.