Author Topic: cannondale tandem  (Read 2123 times)

cannondale tandem
« on: 27 September, 2011, 09:07:34 pm »
Have they stopped making them , was thinking about a new one (frame only).  Anyone got one and what size is the steerer the old one was 1- 1/4 . 

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Re: cannondale tandem
« Reply #1 on: 27 September, 2011, 09:34:45 pm »
The very first C tandems had a 1" steerer, so they must be the old one. My road tandem in Oz is one of them.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #2 on: 05 October, 2011, 12:29:18 pm »
I recently bought a 2010 model (the 700c road version). Steerer is 1 1/4".
I was told that when Cannondale moved all of their production from the US to Taiwan they didn't find a manufacturer for the tandem frame, so it's not currently being produced. Apparently they may start production again next year.

« Reply #3 on: 05 October, 2011, 01:17:32 pm »
That is good news , have a spare 1 1/4 headset. Is the steerer still titanium. The tandem is 17 years old now was looking for one with bosses for lowrider and front disc.   Picked up 4 magura gustav  brakes as spares now that i know they work on the tandem, it will stop just using rear disc .  Have had 5 hope  4 pot brakes that have failed. Camping gear and the big hills  dont like hope discs and the drum brake cooks the bearings.   

« Reply #4 on: 05 October, 2011, 10:13:47 pm »
The fork doesn't have lowrider bosses, but if you are using a disc brake you can use a Tubus Smarti which attaches to the rim brake mounts.