Author Topic: [HAMR] Bank Account  (Read 16608 times)

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
[HAMR] Bank Account
« on: 04 December, 2014, 10:26:26 am »
I now have a functioning bank account -- which will only be used for Steve's cash raised, but to make it free of all charges it is actually in my name -- TG is comfortable with this - and the LEL team are for the residual LEL funds -- however if this concerns you -- please use Steve's paypal account

However before I post details of sort code and account numbers - i would like you to understand the key differences between using Paypal and a bank account for incoming donations.

1 Paypal charge quite a lot about 3.5% on incoming funds -- Bank has no charges whatsoever - either on income or payment or on monthly admin. ( cos it is in my name)

2 Paypal  provide extra info on each receipt - ie who from with an e-mail address -- the bank DOES NOT do this -- I just get quite limited info on who has sent the cash.

3 E-mail addresses of donors are important to us -- we want to be able to send regular newsletter updates to donors -- (and I might want to come back asking for extra financial help if it became necessary)

4 So if you make a bank transfer or set up a regular monthly payment - will you please make sure that the donor detail that appears on the bank statement that I shall see  is as helpful as possible - and will you PLEASE contact me

roger.cortis@gmail.com

and let me know how much you have paid/set up for future months -- so that I stand a chance of marrying income with donor detail.

ADDED 5th Dec -- to help me understand the level of AUK support could you please include your AUK membership number if you are a member -- and tell me NON member if that is what you are. This info may help AUK decide on their level of support for Steve

OK -- bank detail is

Sort code 07 02 46
Acc number 49305969

Thx for reading this - and do not forget to e-mail me with details of any donations you set up.

Roger
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

essexian

Re: Bank Account
« Reply #1 on: 04 December, 2014, 10:57:27 am »
Hi Roger

Do you have a preferred date on which to receive the money?

Regards

Ian

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #2 on: 04 December, 2014, 03:22:14 pm »
Not really --but  before Steve starts would be nice.
Roger

essexian

« Reply #3 on: 04 December, 2014, 03:25:08 pm »
Sorry Roger, I wasn't very clear in my post. What I meant was is there a day of the month you prefer our standing orders to be paid over.

For me, for various very boring accounting reasons, I would prefer either the 4th or the 23rd of the month.

Regards

Ian

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #4 on: 04 December, 2014, 04:49:58 pm »
If 23rd suits you -- but just before Xmas - go for it -- but if that is inconvenient - how about 4th jan
Roger

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #5 on: 04 December, 2014, 04:57:50 pm »
A possible solution for this might be to set up the Standing Order with a specific (odd) amount so each donor can be identified by the amount.

So, I might give £10.01 each month, someone else £10.02

It is simpler than it looks.

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #6 on: 04 December, 2014, 05:20:26 pm »
Cool - will get something set up personally.  Will also talk to my fellow directors about a corporate donation. 
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

« Reply #7 on: 04 December, 2014, 08:17:34 pm »
Is the PayPal donate thing fixed now?

As I'm a lazy sod setting up a monthly payment via PayPal is just a couple of clicks.
You're only as successful as your last 1200...

« Reply #8 on: 04 December, 2014, 08:32:57 pm »
Did you also receive an IBAN number for the bank account?

red marley

« Reply #9 on: 04 December, 2014, 08:44:19 pm »

As I'm a lazy sod setting up a monthly payment via PayPal is just a couple of clicks.

I've just set up an SO which wasn't much hassle at all (Co-op bank). I'd forgotten that with SOs you can specify the number of payments, so you don't even need to remember to cancel after Steve's celebration parade in Jan 2016.

« Reply #10 on: 04 December, 2014, 08:54:15 pm »
Cross posted to LFGSS for you.

Hope others will take it to other relevant fora to help generate a bit of income for Steve.

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #11 on: 04 December, 2014, 09:02:47 pm »

You can make a single payment thru paypal -- but as far as I know you can not set up the equivalent of a monthly standing order.

BUT paypal will take about 3.5% of your payment as their fee - the bank account takes NOTHING.

I did not solve why repeat payments  went wrong to start with - but think it might have been to do with the Paypal button that we set up and not a Paypal system error.

Roger

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #12 on: 04 December, 2014, 09:10:08 pm »
IBAN 

GB45 NA/A 0702 4649 3059 69.

try to talk carefully to someone at your bank before making any payment as I am not sure that you need the NA/A bit.

Roger

Aunt Maud

• Le Flâneur.
« Reply #13 on: 05 December, 2014, 06:31:53 am »
No you don't need the NA/A bit on an IBAN as it will throw the system gods.

« Reply #14 on: 05 December, 2014, 08:29:07 am »
Any preference between one off up front, or monthly standing order?

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #15 on: 05 December, 2014, 08:34:27 am »
I think it makes more sense for you - if you do a monthly donation -- if something went wrong in April say - then unscrambling the surplus from one off payments could be very tricky - some say give to charity , some want it back , some say you spent AUK money and some of mine --

so preferred would be a regular monthly, which could then stop if it all went wrong.

Roger

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #16 on: 05 December, 2014, 10:53:11 am »
Done, and email sent.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #17 on: 05 December, 2014, 12:14:10 pm »
Monthly donation set up and email sent  :thumbsup:
Does not play well with others

« Reply #18 on: 05 December, 2014, 01:08:56 pm »
Dit toes

« Reply #19 on: 05 December, 2014, 02:54:06 pm »
Me too  :)

« Reply #20 on: 05 December, 2014, 02:58:15 pm »
You can make a single payment thru paypal -- but as far as I know you can not set up the equivalent of a monthly standing order.

It's certainly possible - the donations page for LFGSS has a check-box to set up monthly recurring payments.

Doesn't address the issue of fees, of course, or whether or not paypal will actually release the money in a timely fashion.

« Reply #21 on: 05 December, 2014, 09:43:21 pm »
Transfer set up.

« Reply #22 on: 06 December, 2014, 11:48:30 am »
monthly standing order set up

Halloween

• It's party time....
« Reply #23 on: 06 December, 2014, 07:52:17 pm »
S.O. set up and email sent.

« Reply #24 on: 07 December, 2014, 07:38:26 am »
Curiously I just received the following from PayPal:

Your automatic payment didn't go through

Dear Wobbly,

We've attempted to process your automatic payment several times. Please contact steven abraham to pay what you owe.

Here are the details:
Amount:   £xx.x GBP
To:   steven abraham
For:    Steven's One Year Record Attempt
Automatic payment ID:   xxxxxx
Payment due:   6 Dec 2014 Failed
Outstanding balance:   £xx.xx GBP

Yours sincerely,
PayPal

You're only as successful as your last 1200...