Author Topic: [HAMR] 26th August - Teethgrinder Day 19 / 238  (Read 1426 times)

[HAMR] 26th August - Teethgrinder Day 19 / 238
« on: 26 August, 2015, 01:50:42 pm »
Well, we are a lazy lot! He's done 61 miles before anyone has bothered to start a thread.

Go Steve!

Re: 26th August - Teethgrinder Day 19 / 238
« Reply #1 on: 26 August, 2015, 01:58:43 pm »
Does anyone know whether Steve is still sticking to the calendar for his overnight stays with hosts? I only ask as I see that according to the calendar he's due in Chepstow tomorrow. I was hoping to intercept him at the Severn Bridge, if he goes that way. Anyway, good luck for today Steve and I hope you're feeling a bit better.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2 on: 26 August, 2015, 02:00:02 pm »
Is he riding in weather as pissy as we have in London?

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #3 on: 26 August, 2015, 02:17:21 pm »
Does anyone know whether Steve is still sticking to the calendar for his overnight stays with hosts? I only ask as I see that according to the calendar he's due in Chepstow tomorrow. I was hoping to intercept him at the Severn Bridge, if he goes that way. Anyway, good luck for today Steve and I hope you're feeling a bit better.
No, calendar is out of date.  Shame, with a bit of luck on the timing I'd have tried to be at the bridge too.
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

« Reply #4 on: 26 August, 2015, 02:59:35 pm »
Is he riding in weather as pissy as we have in London?
Well, he's about 20 miles West of me atcf, and it is damp rather than rainy. We had heavy downpours between 9 - 10am.

Edit, bugger, I wish I hadn't posted that - it is raining now.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5 on: 26 August, 2015, 05:15:17 pm »
My local weather station has recorded 12.9mm of rain so far today.
There is much flooding hereabouts.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #6 on: 26 August, 2015, 05:36:10 pm »
We have had some heavy showers, although Mrs. Wow and I successfully avoided any significant rain on our 24-mile ride from the Harwich ferry to Wivenhoe station. There was a total bastard of a headwind though.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #7 on: 26 August, 2015, 07:06:03 pm »
No, calendar is out of date.  Shame, with a bit of luck on the timing I'd have tried to be at the bridge too.

Thanks ST, that's saved me a wasted journey.  :thumbsup: