Author Topic: Newhaven-Dieppe and ride to St Quentin [and back?]  (Read 31520 times)

Re: Newhaven-Dieppe and ride to St Quentin [and back?]
« Reply #250 on: 24 August, 2015, 11:34:43 am »
Aye, good ride both ways - down with marcusjb, Swiss Hat, jzhowie, Pichy et al, then back with tomsk, Laid Back Rich, Phil W, the bhoot tandem, Pete Mas and others.

Set off from Newhaven with revellinho, but by the time we'd got to Uckfield my legs were rebelling so picked up a train to East Croydon, then a slow meander home.

« Reply #251 on: 24 August, 2015, 12:12:47 pm »
You were wise.  The hills thereafter were cruel to tired legs.  It was the hilliest section of the entire expedition according to my device.

« Reply #252 on: 29 August, 2015, 11:29:06 pm »
I really enjoyed an excellent fairly quick ride back from Newhaven to Raynes Park with Malcolm Dancy the physics teacher who it turns out is also an author and offered to proof-read my forthcoming book, great result  :thumbsup:

We found an excellent bakery in Ardingley which opened up 15 minutes early just for us and was staffed by the most gorgeous homely wifely nubile baker I ever set eyes on  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Then tradition beckoned and we found ourselves fetched up at the the Raynes Park Wetherspoon by 9:40 for breakfast and a cheeky pint  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: