Author Topic: Bit damp this morning  (Read 4738 times)

Bit damp this morning
« on: 23 April, 2008, 08:24:32 am »
Got soaked this morning on the communte into work.  15 miles in the rain first thing does wake you up though and I've had my cereal bar, fruit and drink and now the endorphines are kicking in ;D ;D

Just as well I've got the full rain gear...........  ;)

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
Re: Bit damp this morning
« Reply #1 on: 23 April, 2008, 08:28:34 am »
I decided to ride back to the digs last night (and then went on for a further 15 miles), leaving the car at work.

Was I sorry when I woke htis morning and found that it is p***ing down :(

at least I have dried off now
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #2 on: 23 April, 2008, 08:37:41 am »
Juts as I thought the weather was getting better (yesterday)... <BIG sigh>
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse

Naggers

• Lost in a daze
« Reply #3 on: 23 April, 2008, 08:41:41 am »
Was expecting to get wet this morning but it's only started raining since I got to work.

« Reply #4 on: 23 April, 2008, 09:01:10 am »
Was expecting to get wet this morning but it's only started raining since I got to work.

Check your shoes, you must have stepped in something  ;)

Lucky G*t.  Weather forecast for here in Glasgow is to be persistent rain all day

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #5 on: 23 April, 2008, 09:24:14 am »
Us Glos. types were lucky, not much more than 'soft' this morning and brightening up nicely for the lunchtime run.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

« Reply #6 on: 23 April, 2008, 09:38:40 am »
I am now a soggy person. But at least my feet are dry, thank you overshoes.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #7 on: 23 April, 2008, 09:52:32 am »
Got in just before it started  8)

« Reply #8 on: 23 April, 2008, 09:53:00 am »
We should keep a diary (perhaps region specific) so that we can see how many times a year we really get a good wetting.
I was wet from the waist down, which doesn't bother me, but my upper half was nice and snug under my waterproof.

« Reply #9 on: 23 April, 2008, 12:12:08 pm »
We should keep a diary (perhaps region specific) so that we can see how many times a year we really get a good wetting.
I was wet from the waist down, which doesn't bother me, but my upper half was nice and snug under my waterproof.

Good idea - but we'll need to sort out a definition of what counts as wet.

From mine which is 'wet enough to be bothered digging out the W/P top' - discounts drizzle and showers however heavy which start in the last mile or so I've had 5 wet days out of 67 commuting days so far this year.

Location Chester
“There is no point in using the word 'impossible' to describe something that has clearly happened.”
― Douglas Adams

« Reply #10 on: 23 April, 2008, 01:20:32 pm »

I've just added the "Weather Conditions" column to my journal on bikejournal. I enter "dry/damp/wet/soaked" accordingly. Will keep a track of it from now.

Dry today, but then I worked from home this morning.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #11 on: 23 April, 2008, 01:33:26 pm »
I'm sorry, it's all my fault. I cleaned my bike and put a new chain on it last night.

There seemed to be a lot of oil on the road this morning. In a couple of places along the embankment I could smell it. Scary.
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

Kathy

« Reply #12 on: 23 April, 2008, 01:36:55 pm »
I'm sorry, it's all my fault. I cleaned my bike and put a new chain on it last night.

Oh good. I thought it was my fault, but I merely cleaned my bike last night. You are far more to blame!

There were a lot of muppets around this morning, weren't there? One person objected so much to me filtering past him in traffic, that he hooted and bellowed "whore" at me - right outside the primary school! :-\

« Reply #13 on: 23 April, 2008, 01:39:11 pm »
There were a lot of muppets around this morning, weren't there? One person objected so much to me filtering past him in traffic, that he hooted and bellowed "whore" at me - right outside the primary school! :-\

If you like Mike Leigh films, go see "Happy-Go-Lucky". The Driving Instructor is an excellent character.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #14 on: 23 April, 2008, 04:29:38 pm »
One person objected so much to me filtering past him in traffic, that he hooted and bellowed "whore" at me - right outside the primary school! :-\

Those headmasters get worse and worse every day...

« Reply #15 on: 24 April, 2008, 01:05:22 am »

And these people are allowed to be in charge of dangerous machinery in public.  :(
The old Legion hand told the recruit, "When things are bad, bleu, try not to make them worse, because it is very likely that they are bad enough already." -- Robert Ruark