Author Topic: Here we go yet again.  (Read 2192 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Here we go yet again.
« on: 15 September, 2008, 10:06:15 pm »
I'm really reeling them in at the moment.

Same roundabout as coach driver last week, me heading north this time.

Two narrowish lanes approach this roundabout. There is only one car in front, in the LH lane, a taxi which had overtaken me a few seconds previously, but not badly enough to elicit a comment.

I was in primary in the LH lane, just about to brake to pull up behind the taxi, when a small yellow car overtakes and cuts in, stopping abruptly at an angle of about 30° to the pavement, cutting me up spectacularly. I slapped the windscreen twice, hard, in extreme annoyance and to prove to myself that I still existed.

Nearside window descends and the lady in the driving seat explains "I'm a fucking pregnant woman, you twat!" I pointed out that I am a human being who doesn't take kindly to being crushed, but I was wasting my breath. There was more ranting from her, some hooting from behind, and she drove off at a fairly furious speed.

Is there anywhere quite like Southend for totally aggressive, foul-mouthed mindlessness?
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Re: Here we go yet again.
« Reply #1 on: 15 September, 2008, 10:15:26 pm »
Bloody hell Wowbagger  :( Perhaps it's your diminutive form and shy retiring riding style?  ;)

Mind you I was proceeding along the Kings Road today, signalling to turn right into a side street, when a BMW drove out from said side street as if I wasn't there, missing me by inches, the driver and passenger interested only in motorised traffic. The BMW looked very like this one:

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #2 on: 15 September, 2008, 10:21:11 pm »
Here is the roundabout in question. This roundabout, the one to the north of it, and the intervening stretch of road, have been the location for all of my recent altercations.

Chris S

« Reply #3 on: 15 September, 2008, 10:23:54 pm »
Nearside window descends and the lady in the driving seat explains "I'm a fucking pregnant woman, you twat!" I pointed out that I am a human being who doesn't take kindly to being crushed, but I was wasting my breath. There was more ranting from her, some hooting from behind, and she drove off at a fairly furious speed.

People say the weirdest things don't they? The biggest RTA I've ever had (we're talking cars here) happened when I T-boned a car that pulled straight out of a turning. I hit him at about 50mph, having slowed from 60 (NSL zone) - sending him through a fence into a pig field.

The first thing this chap's missus said to me was "He's 85 and has a pacemaker..."  :-\

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #4 on: 15 September, 2008, 11:08:25 pm »
"please don't shout at him or he'll die" ?
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

Pete

« Reply #5 on: 16 September, 2008, 08:05:26 am »
Nearside window descends and the lady in the driving seat explains "I'm a fucking pregnant woman, you twat!"
That's the one thing she oughtn't to be doing, not if she's in the club she oughtn't - risk of miscarriage and all that.... :o ;D

Bloody 'ell Wowbagger, sorry to hear about all this grief - must be incredibly morale-sapping when it goes on again and again!  Is it Sarfend or what?  Because, I've said it before, down my way the amount of aggro is so small and seldom that when it does happen it's memorable for years.  I'm telling you, I give motorists every reason to be aggressive towards me if that's their inclination (use a lot of primary and so on).  But it just doesn't happen to me.  I'm not being smug.  Just curious.

Perhaps you'd like to pay a visit down my way, one of these days?

fuzzy

« Reply #6 on: 16 September, 2008, 08:53:04 am »
Nearside window descends and the lady in the driving seat explains "I'm a fucking pregnant woman, you twat!"

"That you may be madam, but you are driving like a pregnant duck!"

Careful out there WB- you appear to be the DMM at the moment (Duty Muppet magnet) :-\

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
« Reply #7 on: 16 September, 2008, 09:03:06 am »
I've used a more cheeky line, onna very similar driver:

Driver: Neeeaw screech
Me: Rolls gently up to the window, points to have them wind it down a crack.
Driver: Looks enquiringly
Me: "Are you ok? I'm a mechanic [whoop whoop BS alert] do you want me to take a quick look at your steering?"
Driver: "What? Why?!"
Me: "Well, it seemed that your car doesn't steer properly!"
Driver: "What?! It steers fine!"
Me: "Well, if your sure, its just you looked pretty out of control just then."

;D
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

Snugsy

« Reply #8 on: 16 September, 2008, 01:16:29 pm »

Should she be allowed to breed?

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #9 on: 16 September, 2008, 08:38:48 pm »
Wowbagger - you have got to move.  It's the only answer.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #10 on: 17 September, 2008, 12:00:46 am »
Yup.

Telford beckons.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #11 on: 17 September, 2008, 12:06:11 am »
Wowbagger - you have got to move. 

Or at least avoid This location
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #12 on: 17 September, 2008, 08:54:23 am »
Wowbagger - you have got to move.  It's the only answer.

My daughter keeps telling me the same thing. "Maidstone's much nicer than Southend," says she, "and the people are much less aggressive."

I will be moving one day - but not while my aunt is still alive.

FatBloke

• I come from a land up over!
« Reply #13 on: 17 September, 2008, 08:58:35 am »
I haven't had a run-in with a cager in months and I regularly cycle the same roads as Wowbagger.

(apart from the twunt in the SUV who ran me down!)

I think it's him!   :demon:
This isn't just a thousand to one shot. This is a professional blood sport. It can happen to you. And it can happen again.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #14 on: 17 September, 2008, 09:02:23 am »
I haven't had a run-in with a cager in months and I regularly cycle the same roads as Wowbagger.

That's probably because when you take the primary position they can't see round you!  ;D

FatBloke

• I come from a land up over!
« Reply #15 on: 17 September, 2008, 09:05:59 am »

That's probably because when you take the primary position they can't see round you!  ;D
Git!!

I have a present for you btw!   ;)
This isn't just a thousand to one shot. This is a professional blood sport. It can happen to you. And it can happen again.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #16 on: 17 September, 2008, 09:07:54 am »
A present? For me?? It's not even my birthday!

rr

« Reply #17 on: 17 September, 2008, 03:47:36 pm »
Is there anywhere quite like Southend for totally aggressive, foul-mouthed mindlessness?

Basildon