Author Topic: Last minute inspiration?  (Read 689 times)

Last minute inspiration?
« on: 12 May, 2015, 12:11:55 am »
Evening all. So on Thursday me and two mates were planning on heading to Inverness for a week long tour of the Highlands. However, the wife's Grandfather has been taken seriously ill and it's  really touch and go. This means heading out is a no no as to get back should the worse happen  could mean a two day trek back  (to Inverness  and the car / train). Being a supportive one she's  insistent we all go however I'd not want to be so far away it takes days to get back.

A compromise could be a ride from Nottingham (home for the 3 of us) on the Friday and ride Friday, Saturday and Sunday but not so far that I could jump on a train home should the need arise.

So, inspiration? 80 miles per day from Nottingham  out and back to Nottingham. Not too far from a train station etc? Anyone got any ideas? The plan was to wild camp in Scotland so will be looking for the same/campsites for the weekend. My initial thoughts were the Peaks  (done a few rides this way already etc and love it) but any other reccomendations?

Cheers, Hayden