Author Topic: Cruzbike on eBay  (Read 4726 times)

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
Cruzbike on eBay
« on: 06 April, 2009, 01:13:00 pm »
What in the name of Satan's firey arse is this infernal contraption?

eBay linky

:o
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

arallsopp

• Beansontoast
    • Barring Mechanicals Blog
Re: Cruzbike on eBay
« Reply #1 on: 06 April, 2009, 01:14:23 pm »
Yes, its true. Its actually an original and rare "bike-that-Charlotte-doesn't-own". :)
Love words, hate lulu? Buy "Barring Mechanicals" on Amazon UK or US

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #2 on: 06 April, 2009, 01:16:50 pm »
Cruzbikes were originally a retrofit to a standard MTB frame but have shifted to supplying framekits.

It is a moving bottom bracket recumbent - similar to a penny farthing, pushing the pedals affects the steering.  As with a penny, technique improves over time and you can learn to ride them no hands.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #3 on: 06 April, 2009, 01:33:41 pm »
As far as I can make out, they have a small, but very keen and growing following...

I'm far from convinced, myself, but I'd quite like a test ride to see what they're like.

BROL discussion of Cruzbikes
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: 06 April, 2009, 01:39:23 pm »
Yes, its true. Its actually an original and rare "bike-that-Charlotte-doesn't-own". :)

*pouts*
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

donpedro

• ain`t haulin` any lambs to the marketplace anymore
    • But, I'm Swedish!
« Reply #5 on: 06 April, 2009, 02:04:52 pm »
Why on earth make a aerodynamic recumbent with such upright seating position? The use of narrow 700c wheels together with full suspension is also a contradiction me think.  ::-)

"If it's so good why are you selling it?", I'd answer truthfully that this bike is a bit too fast and wild for me, now I'm in my mid sixties and I've targetted something a bit more sedate!!"
I picture a lioness moving for the kill!  ;D

"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #6 on: 06 April, 2009, 02:20:04 pm »
*pictures teenagers in gasmasks in nighttime west london*
Getting there...

« Reply #7 on: 06 April, 2009, 05:43:09 pm »
Cruzbike. Been around for a while.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NlIbT60rK94&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/NlIbT60rK94&rel=1</a> [Can't stop dreaming about the 1970s!]

I tried building a MBB FWD drive recumbent, just to see what all the fuss was about. Admittedly it was not of the same refined workmanship of the Silvio, but it was an example of the style nevertheless, and I tried to follow the geometery that 'those in the know' were suggesting [namely Tom Traylor].

Only problem was, It was an absolute bloody nightmare to ride. I took it round the nearest car park where I test my bikes and within minutes I'd banished any idea that this thing was going out on the road. No. No. No. Scary stuff. I'd hope a pro bike would have better handling!

Met a guy on PBP who very successfully rode a homemade MBB FWD recumbent, so it obviously works well for some people.
Garry Broad

« Reply #8 on: 06 April, 2009, 08:56:29 pm »
I remember seening the kit designed to fit a BSO1 ages ago, and thinking "we now have a RSO2 - a recumbent shaped object."

1 - Bike Shaped Object (cheap full sus)

2 - Pronounced "Ah-so" ;D
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #9 on: 07 April, 2009, 08:25:10 am »
Mmmmm... tempting....
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #10 on: 07 April, 2009, 12:35:59 pm »
Scary stuff. I'd hope a pro bike would have better handling!

There was someone riding one round and round the inside of the Community Centre in Battle Mountain last year, so I imagine it's OK once you get used to it.  And it appears to have handlebars for more than just being a convenient place to hang the brake and gear controls.

TWFKAML once met a chap who swore blind he'd never even seen a recumbent before, yet was able to ride a Flevobike without the customary three weeks of falling off.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime