Author Topic: A false hope?  (Read 2479 times)

A false hope?
« on: 12 May, 2008, 11:20:57 am »
On the Brompton riding back from a shopping trip got a "nice bike" and  :thumbsup: from a stereotype Essex girl as they overtook, near the bottom of my road, in a well used hot hatch. I even thought I saw furry dice in the car.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
Re: A false hope?
« Reply #1 on: 12 May, 2008, 11:26:39 am »
On the Brompton riding back from a shopping trip got a "nice bike" and  :thumbsup: from a stereotype Essex girl as they overtook, near the bottom of my road, in a well used hot hatch. I even thought I saw furry dice in the car.

Perhaps she was describing her "Essex girl" friend sat in the passenger's seat?   ;)
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #2 on: 12 May, 2008, 11:34:50 am »
Someone shouted something yesterday when I was dressed in tight blue lycra on a skinny blue fixie, but I didn't quite catch whether it was a compliment or a query about my sexuality  :-\
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #3 on: 12 May, 2008, 12:20:47 pm »
... from a stereotype Essex girl ...

Nah, wouldn't even have registered if it was - you can't get taken down the pub or off to Majorca on a Brommie.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #4 on: 12 May, 2008, 12:25:05 pm »
Mrs Wow and I got a very encouraging  :thumbsup: from a lady in a Saab yesterday.

We had just freewheeled down Crown Hill, Rayleigh, and it almost-but-not-quite flattens out. We managed to crank the tandem up to 28mph on this bit, when the Saab overtook us. It's a 30 limit.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #5 on: 12 May, 2008, 12:54:59 pm »

Short skirt and legs a bit apart?
It is simpler than it looks.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #6 on: 12 May, 2008, 12:59:57 pm »
I've just had a mental image of Sharon Stone riding a folding bike  :hand:
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #7 on: 12 May, 2008, 02:16:50 pm »
Mrs Wow and I got a very encouraging  :thumbsup: from a lady in a Saab yesterday.

We had just freewheeled down Crown Hill, Rayleigh, and it almost-but-not-quite flattens out. We managed to crank the tandem up to 28mph on this bit, when the Saab overtook us. It's a 30 limit.

Whereas, at the other end of that hill on Saturday, we'd just ground our tandem the whole way to the top after a long ride when two pedestrians stopped at the zebra crossing.  At the thought of stopping for them, and the subsequent hill start Mrs Nutty let out a whimper.  They heard, and waved us on.   I thanked them and received a cheer in return as they realised what a silly machine we were on and that we'd just ridden up one of the biggest hills in the area.

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: 12 May, 2008, 02:20:50 pm »
Liz and I were stopping at the lights in Dorking on the tandem yesterday when a dude onna Harley had to pull an abrupt emergency stop through not noticing the lights until the last minute.

He turned to us and said "well, I was looking at you two and not the lights..."

::-)
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk