Author Topic: Barcelona hotel recomendations  (Read 1500 times)

Barcelona hotel recomendations
« on: 30 April, 2009, 12:23:51 pm »
I have a room booked in the Barcelona Travelodge ( yes really) for 4 day including when the TDF arrives/departs.

Only reservation (sic) I have is its way out of the centre of the city. After getting a tax rebate  :thumbsup: I thought I might treat Mrs Aidan to a  hotel in the centre to make the days away a bit more special.

The tax rebate wasnt that big so I'm not looking to go 5 star, anyone recomend somewhere reasonably priced and well situated?  Note hostels aren't an option Mrs Aidan doesnt like shared facilities

Re: Barcelona hotel recomendations
« Reply #1 on: 30 April, 2009, 12:27:18 pm »
Hotel Jardi

El Jardí Hotel

small but perfectly formed and right in the heart of Barcelona.

« Reply #2 on: 30 April, 2009, 12:28:36 pm »
I've stayed in the Hotel America, which is OK if you get an externally-facing room. The internal rooms don't have windows and are noisy because they're next to the lift.

I've yet to find a really nice, good value hotel in Barcelona. I'd be interested to see what others recommend.

« Reply #3 on: 30 April, 2009, 12:40:08 pm »
A few minutes digging on google streetview (isn't it amazing how the memory for places doesn't go away :) - I've just walked around the streets following my nose, and got to the hotel I recognise  ;D)

We stayed at "Hotel Adagio" which streetview says is at "18 Carrer de Ferran".

linky

« Reply #4 on: 30 April, 2009, 12:53:02 pm »
I've stayed on the Avenguda Diagonal (guess why it' s called that) close to Las ramblas in the Hotel Balmoral, a good clean central hotel, and an easy walk from the Placa del Catalunya, past several Gaudi buidings..
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #5 on: 30 April, 2009, 12:54:50 pm »
Last time I stayed in Barcelona I camped...

...but I would suggest using TripAdvisor to look for a hotel or check out any recommendations.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #6 on: 30 April, 2009, 01:01:45 pm »
When myself and Mrs F went 6 years ago we stayed here:  http://www.spainbookers.com/en/barcelona/hotels/rialto-hotel.html

Nice, clean, tidy, central and not too expensive.

This time when we went we stayed at the Hilton Diagonal Mar, due to me having a rather large number of HHonors points, thus it cost us a grand total of NOWT for the room!!!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #7 on: 30 April, 2009, 01:30:53 pm »
Right, so I'm spoilt for choice now ;D :thumbsup:  some of these look just the ticket

« Reply #8 on: 30 April, 2009, 01:50:54 pm »
Some years ago I stayed at the Hotel Espana, just off the Ramblas. Check out the photographs in the online brochure as, architecturally, it's pretty amazing.

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
  • Ain't no hooves on my bike.
« Reply #9 on: 30 April, 2009, 04:18:29 pm »
Mrs Woofage and I stayed here, right next to Jaume 1 metro station and very convenient for the old part of the city. A basic hotel but no complaints. Mind you, that was 11 years ago so things may have changed...
Pen Pusher

gordon taylor

« Reply #10 on: 30 April, 2009, 08:09:37 pm »
The Barcelona Youth Hostel is very special -an old Moorish mansion up on a hill. OK. I know it's a hostel and all, and the Mrs will kill you, but it is lovely nontheless!