Author Topic: sushi restaurant in that london  (Read 1572 times)

sushi restaurant in that london
« on: 05 October, 2010, 10:56:54 pm »
question for Londonites

as a favour for support crewing me last weekend ( which involved standing around in the rain mostly) Mrs Aidan fancies getting sushi between leaving the bike show at earls court on friday  and catching our train from kings cross.
Obviously access on the tube is quite critical , and it would be helpful if there were no escalators at the tube station (but not critical) 
the restaurant must have one of the conveyor belts with dishes on too. So  Yo Sushi or similar.
Anyone got any suggestions?

Re: sushi restaurant in that london
« Reply #1 on: 05 October, 2010, 11:34:11 pm »
There's a branch of Kulu Kulu sushi in South Kensington (39 Thurloe Sq). That's only a few minutes down the road from Earl's Court. District / Circle / Piccadilly lines. Access to District and Circle by 2 sets of steps. I haven't eaten there for a couple of years - it was good.
Meets conveyor belt requirement.

« Reply #2 on: 06 October, 2010, 01:16:51 am »
I heartily recommend Kyoto Sushi in Romilly St, W1.

Kyoto - Leicester Square, London Restaurants Reviews - TrustedPlaces

Independent/non-chain place, friendly wait-staff, reasonably priced and has fatty and semi-fatty tuna on the menu.  Ticks all the boxes for me.

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #3 on: 06 October, 2010, 03:05:34 pm »
There's a branch of Kulu Kulu sushi in South Kensington (39 Thurloe Sq). That's only a few minutes down the road from Earl's Court. District / Circle / Piccadilly lines. Access to District and Circle by 2 sets of steps. I haven't eaten there for a couple of years - it was good.
Meets conveyor belt requirement.

There's also an Itsu on the corner of Walton Street & Draycott Avenue, only a short distance further on.
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

« Reply #4 on: 06 October, 2010, 03:11:37 pm »
Sushi Hiroba | Japanese Restaurant London a short, straightforward walk from covent garden tube (which has a lift, not escalators). Very good indeed.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #5 on: 06 October, 2010, 03:51:18 pm »
Sushi Hiroba | Japanese Restaurant London

+1 to this recommendation.

Also Kulu Kulu Sushi on Brewer Street, just off Regent Street.

Not a fan of Yo Sushi, tbh - the sushi is average and very expensive. Moshi Moshi Sushi is alright.

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."