Author Topic: Recommend me some wheels  (Read 7067 times)

Re: Recommend me some wheels
« Reply #25 on: 22 March, 2009, 11:03:47 pm »
120mm On-One hubs have 42mm chainline, the 135mm hub is 52mm.

This can't be right. The hubs are all the same regardless of the overall width, just with different end caps to build it out to the required OLN
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

border-rider

« Reply #26 on: 22 March, 2009, 11:17:45 pm »
that's my stock answer :)

It certainly applies to hubs like Royce & Goldtec, where the same body is used for any OLN, but the On-Ones are two quite different shells, not the same one with different spacers

Chris N

« Reply #27 on: 22 March, 2009, 11:21:21 pm »
that's my stock answer :)

It certainly applies to hubs like Royce & Goldtec, where the same body is used for any OLN, but the On-Ones are two quite different shells, not the same one with different spacers

Wot 'e said.  My 135 (now 130 as I had the spacers cut down) is definitely 52mm.

« Reply #28 on: 23 March, 2009, 06:59:18 am »
120mm On-One hubs have 42mm chainline, the 135mm hub is 52mm.

This can't be right. The hubs are all the same regardless of the overall width, just with different end caps to build it out to the required OLN

Apologies I read your first post, misread the second and answered as though it was about Goldtech rather than about On One.
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

« Reply #29 on: 23 March, 2009, 08:31:43 pm »
I built a pair of 28h CXP33/Goldtech wheels x2 with plain gauge spokes.  They are lovely and responsive and match the character of the langster frame well.  Betd are certainly very good value for  built-up wheels though.  Unless you like building wheels for the sake of it, it would seem to make sense to get them ready-built.  I don't think you'll be disapointed.

frere yacker

« Reply #30 on: 04 April, 2009, 02:01:37 pm »
Och, I've not been able to extract the bearings from the On-One hub despite my best efforts (the clearance for the cone spanners is such that I can only access one of the slits on each side of the hub where the spanners go, meaning I can't get leverage to get access to the bearings).  Suitably humbled at my lack of mechanical savvy, I've dusted off the credit card and bought myself a rear wheel built around a Goldtech hub   8)