Author Topic: Gotta new tool!!!  (Read 3090 times)

pdm

• Sheffield hills? Nah... Just potholes.
Re: Gotta new tool!!!
« Reply #25 on: 01 September, 2019, 10:27:49 pm »
Bloody Internet! Yesterday I was curious enough to click on the link in the original post above. Now every time I open a random webpage, I see images of your tool everywhere. I know people have to earn a living, but it's getting really annoying! Anyone knows how to get rid of unwanted ads? I tried deleting the cookies, but it seems to be a little more complicated.

A
P.S.: Sorry for going OT/ posting in the wrong place.

uBlock, Ghostery and Privacy Badger browser extensions are your friends. I always install those three as a minimum by default - they do a very good job at blocking 3rd party shenanigans.

« Reply #26 on: 02 September, 2019, 11:30:14 am »
Which cookies did you delete? It's probably some third-party ones. Try nuking all cookies? Bit of a nuisance though because you'll probably lose existing sign-ins etc. Could even be Facebook or similar.

You are probably right, I deleted only Wiggles cookies. The offender is probably somewhere else. Thank you!

« Reply #27 on: 02 September, 2019, 11:31:38 am »
uBlock, Ghostery and Privacy Badger browser extensions are your friends. I always install those three as a minimum by default - they do a very good job and blocking 3rd party shenanigans.

I knew nothing about these three extensions, but I'll give them a try right now! Thank you!

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #28 on: 02 September, 2019, 11:53:05 am »

Just be aware that some sites are getting wise and won't load if you have some ad blockers turned on. This may or may not be a problem.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Phil W

« Reply #29 on: 02 September, 2019, 12:58:18 pm »
Facebook container is also a good one for Firefox.  Stops Surveillancebook knowing about all those websites you are visiting.