Author Topic: PBP Registration website  (Read 88043 times)

Re: PBP Registration website
« Reply #500 on: 18 February, 2019, 10:10:39 pm »
TLDR for the last 10-20 posts?  What's the latest headline?
Haven't yet done my research on what start time I should go for.
For you: no change. Wait for 3 weeks, and be there.

rob

« Reply #501 on: 18 February, 2019, 10:12:53 pm »
That threw me into a panic as I was in the 18:00 wave.  Looks like I’ve been automatically moved up to 17:30.  At least I think that’s what it says.

« Reply #502 on: 18 February, 2019, 10:20:07 pm »
I have now been changed from 18:45 to 18:15, same as 2015. Shame its a new start and finish location as starting at the same time would have made it easier for me to make my time schedule based on what I did in 2015.

« Reply #503 on: 18 February, 2019, 10:36:40 pm »
I clicked consult, then get the page with my current type of cycle, date and current wave and time, but just get a big red circle with a red stripe through it when I try to change anything on the drop down menu (i.e. cannot actually make any changes). Annoying

A special time change drop down appeared on the first page for me. The time change drop down on the second page (with all my details) was still locked.

It's possible they're unlocking accounts in sequence - have you got an email yet?

yes I received the email which explicitly said I could change. Nice carrot ACP..

I managed in the end as the modification option suddenly became available. I might regret the change ...

« Reply #504 on: 18 February, 2019, 10:40:37 pm »
Gone from 20:30 to 18:30. Happy with that.

They must be releasing them in registration order as when I logged in after receiving the email at half nine there was no option to change. It only became available with in the last 10 minutes.

« Reply #505 on: 18 February, 2019, 10:54:47 pm »
My start time has been moved forward by 30 minutes to 17:45 but I am still in the second 90 hour group.  When I checked there was one spot left in the first group but I am happy with where I am.  It has now gone.

« Reply #506 on: 18 February, 2019, 10:57:16 pm »
Well this is a bugger. As someone who failed to complete a pre-reg ride I'd given up on PBP but now there is a tantalising possibility of getting an entry. It's the hope that gets you...

Ummm.........[strokes imaginary beard]

I'd come to accept the punishment of exclusion for not bothering to toe the line in 2018, but the French might be dangling a bit of a carrot here - it would appear to have gone from 'definitely no way', to an 'outside, possibly maybe'. Might have to think about doing the qualifiers afterall! [gulp] Can't even see the recumbent for cob webs at the moment.

This is a wicked thread - complete and utter nonsense :-)
Garry Broad

« Reply #507 on: 18 February, 2019, 11:06:46 pm »
Moved from 9.30 pm to 7 p.m. which keeps the maths simple and allows a reasonable amount of daytime to do that last bit.
I have always punished myself by setting off from Dreux when I know that I should get a bit of kip and then set off in daylight.

GB- go on, you know you really want to.

markldn

• Next ride: TCRno10 '24
« Reply #508 on: 18 February, 2019, 11:11:56 pm »
Haven't yet done my research on what start time I should go for.
For you: no change. Wait for 3 weeks, and be there.

I thought maybe it was veterans discussing minute changes in scheduling translating into bargain improvements to strategy. It seems to be strictly the former.

All, back on topic please. Registration tips and statistics showing johnny-come-latelys still have a chance. ...much appreciated.

Ta

:P

markldn

« Reply #509 on: 18 February, 2019, 11:14:21 pm »

Youre on the wrong forum pal.

Yeah buddy.

« Reply #510 on: 18 February, 2019, 11:21:23 pm »
Being a recumbenteer it has been extremely worrisome as at one point there were reportedly only 15 slots left in the 90 hr. special start.  Does anyone have an accurate status of the special 90 and 84 hr. starts?

« Reply #511 on: 19 February, 2019, 07:18:02 am »
Went from 9:00 to 6:15, last place. Mainly chose it becuase it was the last place. Such planning acumen. Well at least I will have the ACME massive behind me now, so they can drag me along as they whizz through :-)

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #512 on: 19 February, 2019, 07:23:58 am »
Being a recumbenteer it has been extremely worrisome as at one point there were reportedly only 15 slots left in the 90 hr. special start.  Does anyone have an accurate status of the special 90 and 84 hr. starts?

VS Group F - 17:15 now has 52 places free.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #513 on: 19 February, 2019, 07:54:01 am »
From PBP Facebook page:

To allow more riders to enter PBP'19, we modified the 80h starts. There will be only 5 starts instead of 7, from 04:00pm to 05:00pm.
The special bikes will start at 05:15pm instead of 05:45. By doing so, we will have to more starts for 90h and all start times will put backward by 30 minutes.
We are expecting early starters to ride at least to Carhaix for their first stop, if possible Best and then Fougeres or Villaine on the way back. Otherwise, Loudeac will be a mess despite the extra accommodations that we are implementing.

simonp

« Reply #514 on: 19 February, 2019, 11:13:29 am »
2015 I stopped at Brest and Fougeres. Obviously I am the model rider.

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #515 on: 19 February, 2019, 11:16:24 am »
I checked this morning and I was still on for 19:15 as before
A bit earlier would have been nice :)

Phil W

« Reply #516 on: 19 February, 2019, 06:35:05 pm »
Went from 9:00 to 6:15, last place. Mainly chose it becuase it was the last place. Such planning acumen. Well at least I will have the ACME massive behind me now, so they can drag me along as they whizz through :-)

Be wary of settling into the comfort of the ACME group who have a greater time buffer than you do. They may relax whilst you need to push on.

bairn again

« Reply #517 on: 20 February, 2019, 11:40:34 am »
After detailed discussions late in Monday night where it became apparent that

(a) Mrs BA has better things to do than to travel to the finish line for a 4th time.   

(b) The 90 hr bulge will be very bulgy

I swapped to group K at 1830.  I think that means I'm in the 5th of 15 * 90 hr groups. 

My plan A will now therefore be to keep stops to a minimum on the way out with a view to reaching Carhaix (at least) by Monday night.  I now have an image of a surfer about to be engulfed by a huge breaker in my mind!

Having just checked last time, I was just over 24 hrs to Loudeac (where I kipped) so it looks do-able. 

Talk is cheap of course.

« Reply #518 on: 20 February, 2019, 02:47:13 pm »
Everybody has a plan etc. etc.

« Reply #519 on: 20 February, 2019, 03:13:11 pm »

My plan A will now therefore be to keep stops to a minimum on the way out with a view to reaching Carhaix (at least) by Monday night.  I now have an image of a surfer about to be engulfed by a huge breaker in my mind!

Having just checked last time, I was just over 24 hrs to Loudeac (where I kipped) so it looks do-able. 

Talk is cheap of course.

I have just had a look at what I did in 2015, I started at 18:15, Stopped at every checkpoint and many other places enroute, even spent about an hour or more at a museum. I got to Loudeac at 18:05 (23hrs 50 mins), Monday evening, spent an hour an a half there, spent 30 mins at Saint-Nicolas-du-Pelem and I got to Carhaix at 00:16 Tuesday morning, had a kip for about 3 hours and set off to Brest at 04:35, got to the bridge at 09:25 and Brest itself at 09:48. So it is easily doable to get to Carhaix Monday night.

markldn

« Reply #520 on: 20 February, 2019, 10:19:54 pm »
An hour at a museum?? Last night I was trying to explain what audax was to my mother. “A race but not a race...” was the best I could come up with. “PBP though, from what I was told, is “definitely “a race””. What now!

I am still impressed with your speed and dedication.

simonp

« Reply #521 on: 20 February, 2019, 10:23:12 pm »
It can be much worse than my 2015 experience - in 2007 I got to Brest around midday Tuesday, with little time in hand. Got about 2-3h sleep over the whole thing.

The 2015 ride was 11h faster with more sleep!

bairn again

« Reply #522 on: 20 February, 2019, 10:50:18 pm »
An hour at a museum?? Last night I was trying to explain what audax was to my mother. “A race but not a race...” was the best I could come up with. “PBP though, from what I was told, is “definitely “a race””. What now!

I am still impressed with your speed and dedication.

aye an hour in a museum on PBP is a new one on me.  Bad ass. 

« Reply #523 on: 20 February, 2019, 11:03:21 pm »

An hour at a museum??

The friend who I was riding with wanted to visit his hero, Louis "Louison" Bobet, the great French Cyclists museum at Saint-Méen-le-Grand which PBP passes through. I just sat outside in the Sun catching a few "rays" and having something to eat.

In fact, only till just now when I checked my track in "Sportracks", I never knew where it was we went, and it actually felt like we was there an hour, but it was only just under 15 minutes but just over 20 mins off route.

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #524 on: 20 February, 2019, 11:14:05 pm »
^ I'm impressed!

Last time, on the day of the start, I did manage to visit a plaque celebrating Charles Terront's victory in the 1891 edition, but with the start out in Ramboullet, it'll be quite a detour!

The time (obscured by my bike) was 1170km in 71 hours and 16 minutes - which is quite astonishing considering what the roads must have been like.
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!