Author Topic: 'found this on a ride today'!  (Read 180591 times)

Re: 'found this on a ride today'!
« Reply #550 on: 10 January, 2019, 09:37:27 pm »
I'd forgotten that bit. It's basically a movie of random feel-good moments, isn't it? But there's the cyclist in the treasure box, of course, and the man's recollection of the specific Tour stage when he finds the treasures in the phone box (I looked for that scene on Youtube but didn't find it).

My first ever play of a Youtube video was of Sister Rosetta Tharpe. I remembered her from a film on the Granada music show 'So it Goes' playing on Chorlton railway station, and was reminded of that by Amelie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeaBNAXfHfQ

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #551 on: 03 February, 2019, 06:49:48 pm »
Having stalkedfollowed Blodwyn pig I found an ion max lp.

No photo as it was dark

With a copy of Joni Mitchell blue album on the deck.

No power supply tho...

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #552 on: 21 February, 2019, 05:57:19 pm »
IMG_0495 by mark tilley, on Flickr

Polished up nice, it did..

IMG_0590 by mark tilley, on Flickr
IMG_0591 by mark tilley, on Flickr

Why would you buy 2, eat 1 and throw the other away?   :facepalm:    Tasty, it was. ;)

« Reply #553 on: 21 February, 2019, 06:19:06 pm »
Oh, it has to be done. The back story.

Vladimir was waiting. He didn't know if she would turn up, a slightly drunken conversation in the pub last night, the memory of a shared moment, did she feel the same? Would she think she was too old to act on impulse? the heady days of the 80's were so far away now. It was elbowing through a group of noxious suits to get to the bar that he sang under his breath "You gotta fight" only to hear a stranger doing the same turn and sing "for the right" then both together "to p-a-a-a-a-arty!" - a magical moment. They'd spent the rest of the evening chatting, and really hit it off. Would she take him seriously? Was it worth prising the emblem off his Transporter to give her?

How long should he wait? He'd brought a couple of bananas to keep him going, but it had already been half an hour, he'd eaten one. Then, his mate Estragon turned up, so he told him what was happening. "Stuff that, Vladimir, let's go to the pub"

So they did.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #554 on: 21 February, 2019, 06:31:53 pm »
A life summed up in 200 words.  :thumbsup:
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #555 on: 21 February, 2019, 06:34:24 pm »
you're barking!  :facepalm:   (vw badge found in Shropshire last week, and banans today in kent, some party :P )

« Reply #556 on: 21 February, 2019, 06:39:50 pm »
you're barking!  :facepalm:   (vw badge found in Shropshire last week, and banans today in kent, some party :P )
No he's not.
But he does live within reasonable distance of Barking  :D

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #557 on: 21 February, 2019, 10:39:06 pm »
@Ham  ;D  :thumbsup:
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #558 on: 28 February, 2019, 06:59:42 pm »
IMG_0610 by mark tilley, on Flickr

Firstly there was this,  a perfectly rideable bso, but I left it for someone else

Then.............................. last night I rode out to Morris dance practice, then t'pub, and spotted something on the edge of a busy fast roundabout. I just had to go back and take a look.................. :o :o

IMG_0612 by mark tilley, on Flickr

and there it was. I had great difficulty working out how to attach it to Olive, as it was too heavy to hold and ride. Anyway with the help of  a couple of toe straps I had it secured, and slowly made my way home.  11.30pm by now.

IMG_0611 by mark tilley, on Flickr.

when I got it home, I took a better pic.

IMG_0614 by mark tilley, on Flickr

I've now put the cables where they should be, and its still got charge.   need to get a mains charger tho, but its te latest version, RS1 v5.  Obvious slid off some breakdown truck giving it too many beans on the roundabout.  Had a quick look, and they are £110 .. :o ;)

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #559 on: 01 March, 2019, 09:24:24 am »
Gee, and I was happy with the couple of Btwin tyre levers I picked up from the verge earlier this week.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

fuzzy

« Reply #560 on: 01 March, 2019, 11:28:16 am »

Firstly there was this,  a perfectly rideable bso, but I left it for someone else

Then.............................. last night I rode out to Morris dance practice, then t'pub, and spotted something on the edge of a busy fast roundabout. I just had to go back and take a look.................. :o :o

IMG_0612 by mark tilley, on Flickr

and there it was. I had great difficulty working out how to attach it to Olive, as it was too heavy to hold and ride. Anyway with the help of  a couple of toe straps I had it secured, and slowly made my way home.  11.30pm by now.

IMG_0611 by mark tilley, on Flickr.

when I got it home, I took a better pic.

IMG_0614 by mark tilley, on Flickr

I've now put the cables where they should be, and its still got charge.   need to get a mains charger tho, but its te latest version, RS1 v5.  Obvious slid off some breakdown truck giving it too many beans on the roundabout.  Had a quick look, and they are £110 .. :o ;)

"On my life Occifer, it fell of the back of a lorry!"

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #561 on: 01 March, 2019, 12:41:23 pm »
Is it something that doggers might use?
It is simpler than it looks.

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #562 on: 02 March, 2019, 06:35:27 pm »

IMG_0615 by mark tilley, on Flickr

Haha!, same place, different day, different bso. I left this one also.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #563 on: 02 March, 2019, 06:40:41 pm »
Not at all dodgy, no...

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #564 on: 03 March, 2019, 06:15:59 pm »
IMG_0617 by mark tilley, on Flickr

I spy with my lit......    yet another useful bungee, all be it a wet one, very handy, as my previously re-purposed bungee, was given to a chum who had left his re-purposed bungee at home, thus mine was re-purposed  :facepalm:

IMG_0618 by mark tilley, on Flickr
IMG_0619 by mark tilley, on Flickr

then thiss afternoon, swmbo and i went for a wet muddy walk , along the North Downs way, and I spotted this in the bushes.

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #565 on: 04 March, 2019, 03:22:00 pm »
IMG_0621 by mark tilley, on Flickr

Ah!  not what it seems...........................

IMG_0622 by mark tilley, on Flickr

oh! whats that rattling ?

IMG_0625 by mark tilley, on Flickr

WIN!!!!!!!!!! :P

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #566 on: 04 March, 2019, 03:23:58 pm »
Blodwyn Pig finds another burglary!

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
« Reply #567 on: 04 March, 2019, 04:16:35 pm »
Probably dumped by an unsavoury character.
What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #568 on: 05 March, 2019, 07:07:40 am »
I'd have stayed well away, nothing good can come of Marmite.

I'm curious though, why the stick in the carradice? Is that to fight off the hordes while you examine your finds, gollum like?

"What is it my precioussssss?"
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #569 on: 05 March, 2019, 10:41:37 am »

I'm curious though, why the stick in the carradice? Is that to fight off the hordes while you examine your finds, gollum like?

Read the post,

ElyDave

« Reply #570 on: 05 March, 2019, 04:14:58 pm »

Read the post,

I did read the post, that's why I replied, I'm now confused.

« Reply #571 on: 05 March, 2019, 04:19:34 pm »
Morris dancing, is a form of traditional dance where men in costume dance while banging sticks together. The really clever guy is given the task of getting it 'wrong' deliberately and not getting clouted over the head or in the groin in the process.

I'm sorry if this is obvious to you but you will also note the left end of the stick is bound. I suggest this is Blodwyn's practice stick.

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #572 on: 05 March, 2019, 05:00:11 pm »
Morris dancing, is a form of traditional dance where men in costume dance while banging sticks together. The really clever guy is given the task of getting it 'wrong' deliberately and not getting clouted over the head or in the groin in the process.

I'm sorry if this is obvious to you but you will also note the left end of the stick is bound. I suggest this is Blodwyn's practice stick.

Also suggesting that Blodwyn's stick is completely mullered, and the gaffer tape is in fact holding it together. When in use,  it sounds like a sock  ::-),  but indeed it is a practice stick.  I feel that it has practiced its last.   :'(

BTW I dance in the Border tradition
motley by mark tilley, on Flickr

I'm in Red..(tall one in Red ::-))

(btw, the first two set off a tad early, rest of us were in time  ::-))

ElyDave

« Reply #573 on: 05 March, 2019, 09:25:12 pm »
 :facepalm:

thanks, work is doing my nut in at the moment and I'm a little slow by consequence.

I still prefer to think of him carrying it everywhere to beat off hordes of other scavengers though :)

« Reply #574 on: 06 March, 2019, 07:09:55 am »
Agreed it is a tempting image for the apocalypse.