Author Topic: Light mounting bracket  (Read 1631 times)

Light mounting bracket
« on: 29 May, 2017, 05:00:28 pm »
I'm sure there is something suitable at SJS, but it's eluding me: a bracket to mount the headlight on the Bacchetta. Currently there's a band-on mount above the band for the front derailleur but I can't see anything similar for sale. There are also bottle cage braze-ons under the bottom bracket, is there something that could fix into the front one of these?
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Light mounting bracket
« Reply #1 on: 29 May, 2017, 05:07:06 pm »
What sort of light?

A standard dynamo light fork-crown mount can be attached to a bottle cage braze-on with the aid of a washer or two.

For battery lights, the standard approach is to fit something that gives you a horizontal tube that a handlebar bracket can clamp to.  ICE do a nice (if expensive) one that fits to bottle-cage braze-ons.  Or you could use something like a Minoura SpaceGrip, or improvise with a spare stem.

« Reply #2 on: 29 May, 2017, 06:30:27 pm »
It's a B&M Cyo, with a standard wire bracket. If the braze-ons were where they are on that ICE, that would be perfect, but they're underneath so roughly horizontal. The only way the light would fit on those is umop ap!sdn and there's no way of rotating the optics.
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
« Reply #3 on: 29 May, 2017, 06:49:04 pm »
You could contact Cyclecentric near Cambridge to see if he has any one arm bandits https://www.bacchettabikes.com/product/light-mount-oab-one-armed-bandit/
Don't know what the cost would be here?
Terracycle do one similar to the ICE one but it's probably the same price.
Quick image search of Bacchetta light mount shows various diy ideas for the bottle mounts underneath.

Rich

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #4 on: 29 May, 2017, 07:18:45 pm »

« Reply #5 on: 01 June, 2017, 10:46:49 pm »
Cruzbike V2k, S40