Author Topic: Kathy down!  (Read 5008 times)

Re: Kathy down!
« Reply #25 on: 19 January, 2010, 10:04:05 pm »
useless without pictures, etc

gws
<i>Marmite slave</i>

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #26 on: 19 January, 2010, 10:15:35 pm »
Ouch, bad luck Kathy. GWS

« Reply #27 on: 19 January, 2010, 10:17:22 pm »
Oh dear, GWS Kathy.

« Reply #28 on: 19 January, 2010, 11:58:29 pm »
Your brave sacrifice has been noted by the gods.
Your brother will now enjoy a few weeks grace.

;D ;D ;D ;D

have one of these on me ---> >:(

You can have a lot more of  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( from me  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(.  Thanks for the curse.

You know how frivolous comments such as this will ensure I will be bumped tomorrow*.   

So far locally we've had Domestique, Fatbloke, and they say trouble comes in threes.

* Actually I got bumped tonight, I forgot about that.  Side road on the right, car turning right out of it (so going in my direction) ignored my two front lights and hi-viz and pulled out into my path.  I didn't unclip but there was quite a loud BANG as the back passenger door contacted my foot.  It's a shame that I was on fixed as it meant a few pedal revolutions of scuffs followed the impact.   But never mind, the muppet driver decided not to stop and exchange details, so if there was any damage he's definitely got to pay for it, instead of chasing my insurers who'll put him back in his box  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #29 on: 19 January, 2010, 11:59:38 pm »
There's a lot of sand and stuff round here at the moment. It seems that quite a lot of sand has been used on pavements and now the snow & ice has gone, people have kindly swept it into the road.

Note how they gritted the roads, sanded the pavements, and forgot about the cycle farcilities.   Southend, the town claiming funding to be a cycling town.   ::-) ::-) ::-) ::-) ::-) ::-) ::-)

« Reply #30 on: 20 January, 2010, 12:02:43 am »
Oooff, dear or dear.

GWS from me and MiniQ

Colin

« Reply #31 on: 20 January, 2010, 10:52:35 am »
Quote from: Kathy link=topic=28838.msg527070

It was also a fair chunk of my knee too! Have just been digging chunks of road out of it. ;D
Very ouch!

GWS.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

thing1

• aka Joth
    • TandemThings
« Reply #32 on: 20 January, 2010, 11:07:59 am »
Ouch! X% of accidents happen within Y meters of home and all that.... what a pain!

But a timely reminder for Things to take care when venturing Out Of The City and onto Proper Roads this coming weekend...

GWS! Hope the bike passes its Professional Inspection.

+1, and likewise: hope the Kathy passes its Professional Inspection  ;D

« Reply #33 on: 20 January, 2010, 11:12:59 am »
Your brave sacrifice has been noted by the gods.
Your brother will now enjoy a few weeks grace.

;D ;D ;D ;D

have one of these on me ---> >:(

Thanks Kathy.  :-*

Thrift is the new rage.  :thumbsup:
Quote from: Marbeaux
Have given this a great deal of thought and decided not to contribute to any further Threads for the time being.
POTD. (decade) :thumbsup:

Tim

« Reply #34 on: 20 January, 2010, 11:19:41 am »
To alleviate some fears:

Having straightened the shifters and the brakes the damage would appear to amount to a scuffed QR skewer.

However if you poke Kathy's left knee you must be capable of outrunning her. But that's OK as her leg is stiff so she can't run after you.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #35 on: 20 January, 2010, 11:28:38 am »
It takes a braver man than I to test these parameters... ;D
Getting there...

« Reply #36 on: 20 January, 2010, 11:39:23 am »
I'm a bit like a Daalek at the moment - I don't do stairs.  ;D
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/

« Reply #37 on: 20 January, 2010, 11:40:31 am »
Has the 'popping the ferrets down the trousers' been put on hold for the time being?
Quote from: Marbeaux
Have given this a great deal of thought and decided not to contribute to any further Threads for the time being.
POTD. (decade) :thumbsup:

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #38 on: 20 January, 2010, 11:42:39 am »
I was going to ask if the roads would be rideable in the Surrey Hills this weekend, maybe I’ll give it another couple of weeks.

GWS Kathy.

Tim

« Reply #39 on: 20 January, 2010, 11:47:03 am »
I was going to ask if the roads would be rideable in the Surrey Hills this weekend, maybe I’ll give it another couple of weeks.
No problems going through Headley and that patch of the Surrey Downs, and I've got really crappy tyres for grip on the SMGT on which I rounded the corner with no ill effects shortly before Kathy.

The country lanes are probably better as they'll have not been treated and so haven't got as much grot all over them as the suburban street which Kathy inspected more closely last night.

« Reply #40 on: 20 January, 2010, 11:48:42 am »
... However, there are lots of huuuuge potholes everywhere.
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/