Author Topic: Weird/funny dreams you've had  (Read 148474 times)

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
Re: Weird/funny dreams you've had
« Reply #150 on: 21 April, 2012, 02:31:19 pm »
I sometimes get these expansive, cinematic dreams that are totally engrossing. It's hard to remember the details in the morning but I often wake up in the middle of them, savour the thrills and doze off to get back into the action. At the time it really feels like I'm in a film. I've had an X-Files one, a Dr Who one, and one based on that dire film John Travolta made as a Scientologist vanity project (which was undoubtedly better than the original film).

The inevitable happened and last night I "starred" in a zombie film. They were more like psychological zombies - no blood and gore (it's only a matter of time though). The only thing I can remember now is that I led a band of survivors on a train journey through an abandoned metropolis, although it seemingly went on for hours.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #151 on: 21 April, 2012, 05:21:23 pm »
The inevitable happened and last night I "starred" in a zombie film. They were more like psychological zombies - no blood and gore (it's only a matter of time though). The only thing I can remember now is that I led a band of survivors on a train journey through an abandoned metropolis, although it seemingly went on for hours.

You can get that any time by travelling through Birmingham New Street.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #152 on: 05 May, 2012, 10:21:12 am »
Last night I dreamed I went to Manderley again. Well, no, not really. Last night I dreamed I was getting married. I arrived at the registry office on George IV Bridge, wearing the sort of thing I would never wear to get married in - a white brocade and lace strapless sheath with fishtail hem. My bouquet was very peculiar - just four very spindly stems of different spring flowers. My friend Lauren was there waiting for me and we went in and I could see my friends Kate and Lee in the room where the service would be. I was so happy and excited to be marrying bobb but as I walked up the aisle I realised the man waiting at the altar wasn't bobb, he was just some random bloke with a square head and a nasty shirt. I stopped and said "who is he? I'm not marrying him. I should be marrying bobb" which caused some consternation and then I left.

:o
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #153 on: 06 May, 2012, 10:25:39 am »
Last night, vampires. They could be repelled from biting by drawing a cross on each side of our necks (if you only do one side, they'll bite the other side), and one of them was Ray Reardon.  ;D

« Reply #154 on: 09 June, 2012, 08:11:20 am »
Did anyone else receive their Yacf magazine with revrob's A3 poster and stickers?

« Reply #155 on: 09 June, 2012, 02:33:27 pm »
I dreamt I had a tiny little monkey on my back biting me where I couldn't reach it to get it off. In the end I got in a lake and started swimming around until it drowned and let go  ???

Juan Martín

• Consigo mi abrigo
« Reply #156 on: 09 June, 2012, 08:09:32 pm »
The other day I dreamt that I met an old firend that I know to be dead. Not that unusual I suspect, but I knew that he was dead in the dream. I was in a quandary as to how to greet him, in the end, as we shook hands I said something like ' I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties' (being dead and all...)

That's quite strange isn't it?

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #157 on: 11 June, 2012, 08:17:48 am »
Last night I dreamed I'd been diagnosed with a terminal illness, and didn't have long left at all.

Unfortunately my body took this as a sign that it was ok to oversleep by 30 minutes.  ::-)

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #158 on: 11 June, 2012, 03:14:33 pm »
I had a dream that I had agreed to help out the RSPCA by looking after 8 kittens.  I then decided that I didn't want to give them back so I adopted the lot of them, but I had to ask my father (who departed this earth some 15 years ago) to look after them while I was at work.

« Reply #159 on: 11 June, 2012, 04:18:56 pm »
About a month ago, I dreamt that I suddenly became aware that one of our pet rabbits, that happened to be in the house at the time, was talking to me.  It was a polite, quiet female voice - but unfortunately I can't remember what it was saying.   :)
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #160 on: 11 June, 2012, 04:34:26 pm »
"Hey Mr Bee, why are you buzzing around?" followed by trying to sell you a sickly milk chocolate/soft caramel combination?

Juan Martín

• Consigo mi abrigo
« Reply #161 on: 14 June, 2012, 08:57:48 am »
It was nice to see you all at the Test Match against India last night...

« Reply #162 on: 15 June, 2012, 12:54:12 pm »
Thanks to that eeevil Mrs Pingu, I dreamt of Scotland last night.

In my dream, rather than the horror she shared, I had the horrors of a) my ex husband; b) the queen's brother from Snow White & The Huntsman c) the dairy herd were all scorpions (but cow-sized).

Thanks Mrs P !

:facepalm:

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #163 on: 15 June, 2012, 02:18:09 pm »
How do you milk a scorpion?

I had a dream that ended (I don't remember most of it) in a café with a bunch of cyclists, where the proprietor had taken all the pots and pans out of the store cupboard to catch our drips.  She had then decided to take the opportunity to give the cupboard a spring clean, rather than produce bacon sandwiches and the like.

I woke up before it got to the irate Simon Legg, but I'm sure that's what was coming next.

It was raining.

LEE

« Reply #164 on: 15 June, 2012, 02:32:22 pm »
I dreamt I had a tiny little monkey on my back biting me where I couldn't reach it to get it off. In the end I got in a lake and started swimming around until it drowned and let go  ???

Is Simon riding on the back of the Tandem nowadays?  (Just trying to interpret the dream)

« Reply #165 on: 15 June, 2012, 04:52:45 pm »

Is Simon riding on the back of the Tandem nowadays?  (Just trying to interpret the dream)

No  :P

« Reply #166 on: 15 June, 2012, 05:12:09 pm »
How do you milk a scorpion?

I didn't, they were snipping and snapping their pincers at me in the parlour making insect-y rattle-y hiss-y noises. Shudder.

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #167 on: 15 June, 2012, 05:54:49 pm »
I woke last night in a cold sweat after dreaming that I'd been asked to outline and justify the endogenous and exogenous variable of an analysis of data - and I couldn't.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #168 on: 13 July, 2012, 10:45:51 am »
Last night I was walking somewhere quite late at night and as I walked past the end of a street I noticed a man standing under a railway bridge, having a wank. He saw me and chased me and I knew he wanted to hurt me, so I ran round to a house in a nearby street where Take That all lived together in one big happy house (a bit like The Monkees). They were my friends so I knew they'd let me in, but as I turned into the street I could see Mark and Howard standing on the step and they ignored me shouting at them and went inside and shut the door. I banged on the door and rang the doorbell until they came and let me in.

Then I was posting on this forum to say that John Noakes had died, and the first three pages of the thread were an argument about how to spell Noakes. And while I was posting, I accidentally clicked on Andy Gates's username and found myself logging into his account and his password was something like HHUURRRHHHH RRRAAWWWWRRRRR HUUUNNNHHHHH with the Hs in a funny font.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #169 on: 13 July, 2012, 12:12:26 pm »
So, cheese for dinner last night, Kirst?
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #170 on: 13 July, 2012, 12:18:00 pm »
No, last night was aubergine & chickpea tagine with brown rice, and gooseberry & rhubarb oaty crumble with cream.

I blame bobb. I think he has some sort of mindbeam and he targets its rays on me while I sleep.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #171 on: 13 July, 2012, 12:29:32 pm »
Last night I was walking somewhere quite late at night and as I walked past the end of a street I noticed a man standing under a railway bridge, having a wank. He saw me and chased me and I knew he wanted to hurt me, so I ran round to a house in a nearby street where Take That all lived together in one big happy house (a bit like The Monkees). They were my friends so I knew they'd let me in, but as I turned into the street I could see Mark and Howard standing on the step and they ignored me shouting at them and went inside and shut the door. I banged on the door and rang the doorbell until they came and let me in.

Then I was posting on this forum to say that John Noakes had died, and the first three pages of the thread were an argument about how to spell Noakes. And while I was posting, I accidentally clicked on Andy Gates's username and found myself logging into his account and his password was something like HHUURRRHHHH RRRAAWWWWRRRRR HUUUNNNHHHHH with the Hs in a funny font.
Well that bit's realistic at least.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #172 on: 17 July, 2012, 10:23:21 pm »
Last night's dream consisted of the rarely seen together combination of clingfilm, space suits, Virginia Woolf and Dunwich Beach.  I completely forgot about it until barakta commented on my improved (read: lucky) clingfilm skills earlier.

« Reply #173 on: 17 July, 2012, 10:30:57 pm »
I had very weird dreams last night.

First, the riders on my ride were not happy with the pub I chose for the lunch stop because the landlord was too posh and condescending to them and then cooked them Venison which they didn't like. They all hated me for it.

Next I was riding in the GB team pursuit in the Olympics and Bradley Wiggins was shouting at me for going up the bank before I had done the correct distance on the front. We were at the Manchester velodrome where I have never been in my life. Weirdness  :-\

fuzzy

« Reply #174 on: 18 July, 2012, 04:11:45 pm »
Not me but the night before last, SWMBO dreamed she was out shopping with her fiance, Boris Johnson who was nowhere near as barking as he appears......