Author Topic: Weird/funny dreams you've had  (Read 146369 times)

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
Re: Weird/funny dreams you've had
« Reply #175 on: 31 August, 2012, 07:39:18 am »
I had a dream that I was sitting sociology ALevel and was answering a question about the dicotomy between desire and conscience. I argued a symbiotic relationship; without desire we would not have conscience and without conscience we would not understand the true nature of desire. I have never studied sociology and my ALevels were many many years ago.   ???

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #176 on: 07 September, 2012, 11:11:02 pm »
I had a dream about a "Back to the Future 2.5" TV series that follows what happens to Doc Brown in 1885 Hill Valley before Marty arrives to rescue him.  It was basically Northern Exposure in the old west.  I'm actually quite disappointed it wasn't real.

« Reply #177 on: 08 September, 2012, 10:36:54 am »
I'm disappointed it isn't real too. Sounds like it would be great.

Northern Exposure and Back to the Future are both ace.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #178 on: 17 September, 2012, 08:55:08 am »
A very spectacular dream last night in which I was in bed but the bed, on casters, was being blown along the pavement. Initially this was in Shenfield High Street but after a while we (the bed and I - no-one else was in it) joined the A12 and started hurtling towards London. Peculiarly, the A12 had had a carriageway reversal because we were driving in the continental style, on the right-hand-side.

At one point I was overtaken far too closely by a woman in a beaten-up white fiesta with sticky-backed flowers stuck to it so I gave her car a shove and it moved over to the correct lane. After that, she let go of her steering wheel and started rummaging around on the back seat, all the time with a phone in her ear. Fortunately at that point my bed took on an enormous burst of speed so I overtook her again and left her behind.

After a while I veered off and found myself in some woodland with some sort of ambulance station / hospital in it. The bed became stationary amongst the wood anemones and almost as soon as it had done so, mice started to burrow out of the mattress. I got out of bed and phoned Mrs. Wow and asked her if she could come and collect me, but before she turned up some annoying children arrived and decided to start lying in my bed and covering it in mud from their shoes.

Eventually Mrs. Wow arrived with Ben, our son-in-law, and we lifted the bed bodily and then started pushing it back along the road. Then there was a bit of dream I don't remember so I'll fast forward to a later bit in which Ben appeared, covered in blood, and he was going to take LOCOG to court because he'd tripped over some concealed bit of Olympic-related street furniture.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #179 on: 11 October, 2012, 09:48:10 am »
Last night was basically Neverwhere.  With mice and football.

I blame https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=64015.0

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #180 on: 13 October, 2012, 10:28:41 am »
The Doctor is a terminator. And so am I.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #181 on: 14 October, 2012, 09:11:02 am »
Last night.  I was riding as a domestique for Sky and Brailsford called me in to extend my contract for another year. 

Those of you who know how old I am and slowly I ride (that'd be Jaded) will appreciate just how ridiculous a dream fragment it was.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #182 on: 19 October, 2012, 01:14:55 pm »
Pressing the limits of far fetched:

I randomly bumped into my old geography teacher.

While travelling on a tram with assorted Fridays types.

With bikes.

In Edinburgh.

The bed buzzed for Parcelfarce depot duty before I got a chance to wonder about how unlikely this all was.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #183 on: 19 October, 2012, 01:51:35 pm »
I got a tattoo on my shin. And one on my biceps.
It is simpler than it looks.

fuzzy

« Reply #184 on: 19 October, 2012, 02:27:22 pm »
I got a tattoo on my shin..snip.

Did it hurt?

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #185 on: 19 October, 2012, 05:53:46 pm »
I had a very strange dream last night. I've forgotten most of it now, but it involved Wiggo being taught to ride a Lambretta like a proper mod, and how to stand and wear a suit like a proper mod. Very weird.

LindaG

« Reply #186 on: 21 October, 2012, 05:56:32 pm »
Last night I was pregnant, and I had a baby, and after I had the baby my tummy was all squidgy.

I woke up with no baby but my tummy was squidgy.

fuzzy

« Reply #187 on: 29 October, 2012, 10:02:16 am »
Last night I was pregnant, and I had a baby, and after I had the baby my tummy was all squidgy.

I woke up with no baby but my tummy was squidgy.

Wind?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #188 on: 01 November, 2012, 02:20:22 pm »
Manchester Piccadilly station.  Local TV news had just finished interviewing a cyclist with a Strida stranded by their new "only if it says 'Brompton'" cycle policy (this thread refers).  Mugged a passing golfist, and in an A-Team style welding montage, we modified the bike to look like a stick bag when folded, thus allowing it to pass the goons on the ticket barrier undetected.  TV crew were delighted and wanted to film it.  Didn't spot the obvious flaw in that strategy.  Observed that it was a pretty poor state of affairs when rail companies were justifying the sort of bicycular rubbish that 'designers' usually come up with.  Woke up.

fuzzy

« Reply #189 on: 01 November, 2012, 02:37:29 pm »
Manchester Piccadilly station.  Local TV news had just finished interviewing a cyclist with a Strida stranded by their new "only if it says 'Brompton'" cycle policy (this thread refers).  Mugged a passing golfist, and in an A-Team style welding montage, we modified the bike to look like a stick bag when folded, thus allowing it to pass the goons on the ticket barrier undetected.  TV crew were delighted and wanted to film it.  Didn't spot the obvious flaw in that strategy.  Observed that it was a pretty poor state of affairs when rail companies were justifying the sort of bicycular rubbish that 'designers' usually come up with.  Woke up.

I sometimes wish I could spend some time in your head Kim ;D

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #190 on: 01 November, 2012, 03:02:59 pm »
No you don't.  It's full of penguins and things that don't quite make sense.

fuzzy

« Reply #191 on: 01 November, 2012, 03:37:09 pm »
No you don't.  It's full of penguins and things that don't quite make sense.

Sign me up!

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #192 on: 02 November, 2012, 03:12:18 pm »
Didcot library is a spacious, nineteenth-century building. In one corner is an alcove with a small statue of Queen Victoria holding her arms out like a Hindu goddess. Pressing a button hidden in her left elbow causes the section of wall with the alcove to swing round, revealing a hidden corridor to MattC's secret den. Here he introduced me to his siblings - two sisters, one slim one stout, and a younger brother. His flat is one of the upper floors and has original Victorian embossed wallpaper, but every inch of it has been painted white - even the floor! The party which his siblings had come for was just about to begin when the place morphed into a large 1930's semi, with pebbledash and bow window. Matt and his brother had disappeared but his sisters were still there, along with some people who I took to be their parents, only they had become Indian and were dressed in sarees. At the end of the gravel drive was a car towing a small, boxy trailer. The car's right rear door was open and I ran to get in, just as the wooden gates were closing - I think they must have been electric as no one was closing them. And then I woke up.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #193 on: 05 November, 2012, 01:10:43 am »
Had a couple of good ones recently. First was I went to Belgium and I won a kermesse, but none of the local Belgian fans believed me when I crossed the line. Somehow I got to the finish line, won, and was then able to watch myself winning whilst standing on a bridge a few minutes later. Then last night I dreamt I was somehow roped in to play football for Wales. I know where this came from - I bumped in to my cousin last week, his best friend from school played for QPR and earned a couple of Welsh caps. My cousin told me about the time he went to his friend's testimonial match, thinking he was only there to enjoy the hospitality - until someone gave him a pair of boots and said "you're on!"

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #194 on: 05 November, 2012, 07:37:51 am »
The Doctor is a terminator. And so am I.

I once dreamt that Davros was Scottish, and looked like Glen Micheal of Glen Michael's Cartoon Cavalcade fame......

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #195 on: 05 November, 2012, 07:11:16 pm »
Tried to hack into David Martin's Raspberry Pi in an attempt to make it say lines from "2001 A Space Odyessy" in response to his key strokes. Just to wind him up.

I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

The browser didn't work properly, so I couldn't do it though.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #196 on: 05 November, 2012, 09:42:50 pm »
Is that not also one of the redacted text messages of Rebekah Brooks?

On second thoughts, probably not...
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #197 on: 08 November, 2012, 09:03:00 am »
Last night I dreamed bobb dumped me. I woke up crying.  :'(

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #198 on: 08 November, 2012, 09:08:49 am »
I've been having some odd dreams lately

Last night I was on holiday and found a time bomb under my hotel bed
Night before I was chased by brightly dressed people with axes

« Reply #199 on: 12 November, 2012, 06:15:01 am »
I dreamt that Torslanda was the owner of my LBS and I went to see him about something or other but it was suddendly nighttime and the shop was shut and for some reason empty  ???

All the stock had been moved into a shipping container on the back of a truck in the yard (for security overnight?) which I then had to move for the postman who had just turned up.

Then followed one of those annoying dream segments I get a lot where not matter how hard I pull on the handbrake the vehicle I'm driving/parking just won't stay still. At least the fence I knocked down wasn't real.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1