Author Topic: Weird/funny dreams you've had  (Read 147722 times)

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
Re: Weird/funny dreams you've had
« Reply #475 on: 20 August, 2015, 08:19:50 am »
Last night I was sitting with my father and we were looking at the state of the outside wall of the house in the cupboard under the stairs. The wall had a lot of loose bricks and a leaking water pipe through it. Suddenly the wall collapsed and I was in a disused ( long since demolished) cinema which had two Avro Lancasters in the basement. Phill Jupitus and Shaun Lock arrived with a camera crew to film their extraction as they were going to be overhauled and returned to flight. I have a vivid image of examining the wood grain on the surface of the tailfins - which is very odd because the Lancaster has an all aluminium skin. There was a lot of effin & jeffin as they dismantled the aeroplanes and wheeled them out through the foyer then I found myself back home but I'd left my car in the basement. I rode back on my bike but forgot the keys. I then had a massive argument with Phill & Shaun because they kept riding around on my bike and wouldn't give it back.

VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
« Reply #476 on: 20 August, 2015, 08:56:57 am »
But was the cheese you ate before you went to bed, good?  ;D

Mosty of mine are also weird, but memory of them is usually very patchy.  They do, however, contain lots of falling from very high places, or into dark wet places like power station cooling water intakes, and the like.  Occasionally I do get nice dreams involving friendly ladies, but the falling off/into things ones seem to predominate.  They give me the fears, big time...
Wombat

Tigerrr

• That England that was wont to conquer others Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.
  • Not really a Tiger.
    • Humanist Celebrant.
« Reply #477 on: 20 August, 2015, 10:22:21 am »
Last night I dreamed I had to buy new shoes. The only ones I was offered in the shop were 'Supercrocs'. These are huge crocs, inside which one wears tea cosies on ones feet. Four inch thick rubber soles and sort of square. Quite hard to walk in, as I found when I tried them on. Apparently, so the assistant explained, they are very popular with people working in the electrical storm line. I can see how that makes sense.
In the end though I decided the Supercrocs were just a bit too big, although obviously very practical in lightning, so had to accept the sequinned espadrilles which were the only alternarnative. I felt a bit of a fool walking around in them though.
Humanists UK Funeral and Wedding Celebrant. Trying for godless goodness.
http://humanist.org.uk/michaellaird

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #478 on: 20 August, 2015, 11:10:05 am »
Last night I was sitting with my father and we were looking at the state of the outside wall of the house in the cupboard under the stairs.
The soul of M.C. Escher has been cast out of purgatory into the inferno of your skull.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #479 on: 20 August, 2015, 12:55:09 pm »
We had that M.C. Escher in to do some building work a few years ago.  I haven't been able to leave the house since.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #480 on: 27 August, 2015, 02:29:01 pm »
Amongst other, less sensible things, a cameo appearance by Dez and Wowbagger, who had converted their car to be fuelled by loose gravel.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #481 on: 27 August, 2015, 03:33:25 pm »
Amongst other, less sensible things, a cameo appearance by Dez and Wowbagger, who had converted their car to be fuelled by loose gravel.

Did it sweep up the gravel from the road as it moved along?  If so, that would be AWESOME:thumbsup:
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #482 on: 27 August, 2015, 03:45:29 pm »

Did it sweep up the gravel from the road as it moved along?  If so, that would be AWESOME:thumbsup:

I reckon the YACF Research & Development department should get cracking on it right away.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #483 on: 27 August, 2015, 06:37:01 pm »

If you can find a way of generating electricity from loose gravel then you are on a winner. Del's scapula and rib cage need not be involved.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #484 on: 28 August, 2015, 08:57:29 am »
Used to have a recurring dream of being a mouse in a field with a combined harvester approaching.  Always woke up at The Moment.

Had a dream the other morning (sometime between 4 and 6) that had the texture of a hybrid Jeffrey Archer / Frederick Forsyth / Ken Follett story.  Haven't got a clue what was going on.  I think I might have been in tat Twiglet Zone between asleep/dreaming and awake/thinking.  ???

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #485 on: 28 August, 2015, 09:05:53 am »
Had a weird dream last night that my wife was telling me about her work, which was something to do with aircraft manufacture. I said I thought she worked in "assaying". (Her real life job is something far more mundane than either.)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #486 on: 28 August, 2015, 03:20:35 pm »
Used to have a recurring dream of being a mouse in a field with a combined harvester approaching.  Always woke up at The Moment.

You must move to the lee of the stone, as any owl knows.

« Reply #487 on: 28 August, 2015, 04:07:47 pm »
I'm don't remember ever having seen NIMH, but that is definitely good advice.  I haven't had the dream for about 25 years but I'll try to remember for next time!  Thanks muchly!

JennyB

• Old enough to know better
« Reply #488 on: 03 September, 2015, 10:12:24 am »
A rather nice dream on waking this morning. I  was trying out an Ordinary, and doing quite well. One gentle slow-motion header; I did a forward roll and landed on my feet.  A couple passed by on a tallbike tandem.  They waved.
Jennifer - Walker of hills

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #489 on: 03 September, 2015, 10:31:00 am »
I dreamed last night that I killed Rupert Murdoch by decapitation. It was a very strange and confused dream and, strangely, not particularly upsetting. It was possibly inspired by looking at a recent Steve Bell cartoon.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #490 on: 03 September, 2015, 10:47:35 am »
I'm don't remember ever having seen NIMH, but that is definitely good advice.  I haven't had the dream for about 25 years but I'll try to remember for next time!  Thanks muchly!
What is NIMH? Presumably something I've never seen either, but...

« Reply #491 on: 03 September, 2015, 10:58:03 am »
What is NIMH? Presumably something I've never seen either, but...

National Institute of Mental Health

as in

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Frisby-Rats-NIMH-Puffin-Book-ebook/dp/B004PYDBKI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441274068&sr=8-1&keywords=mrs+frisbee+and+the+rats+of+nimh
“There is no point in using the word 'impossible' to describe something that has clearly happened.”
― Douglas Adams

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #492 on: 16 September, 2015, 07:57:35 am »
Very very clear dream this morning that I had bought a red folding bike from - eek! - Halfords.  I had promised to go for a ride with Mack (my former riding buddy from the 80s) and ttcycle (an occasional riding buddy not OTP).  But I hadn't even got the bike out of the cardboard packaging, and I had issues with the multi-part seat tube.  Eventually got it assembled, and set off (wearing para boots I'd also got from Halfords, apparently), but forgot to inflate my tyres. ::-)
Getting there...

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #493 on: 16 September, 2015, 08:17:09 am »
Raining, conservatory roof leaking, copious black gunk dripping through onto the pad of my new Assos shorts on the clothes dryer. Woke up quite alarmed: we haven't got a conservatory.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #494 on: 16 September, 2015, 09:19:01 am »
A few weeks ago there was a good line in Corrie (I'm not a habitual Corrie-watcher but I have to admit that they often do a great line in gentle humour) from Kirk.  "I had a nightmare the other night - I was stuck in a lift with Nicola Sturgeon!"

« Reply #495 on: 19 September, 2015, 10:46:49 am »
Some party revellers (two female, one male) from a neighbouring house were trying to break into mine (using a forged key).
I was downstairs and didn't confront them (for fear of them telling police that I instigated situation and being blamed for it).

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #496 on: 28 September, 2015, 07:29:41 am »
Mrs. Wow and I were on holiday in Northern Scotland. We were in a town (Thurso probably) and we went to a performance in which a woman and her relatives were playing Bach's Double Concerto. The woman in question, who was playing one of the violin solo parts on a Stanley screwdriver,* had enormous breasts that constantly dripped milk and she stopped the performance in order to feed her daughter, who was about five years old. After that there was an unnecessarily frank exchange amongst the performers, who happened to be the woman's own family, about their idiosyncratic sexual practices. After that Mrs. Wow and I wandered amongst some Roman ruins for a while until it was time to retrieve our luggage and catch our train, but our panniers were nowhere to be found and our train was imminent. At that point our daughter opened the bedroom door and asked me to get dressed as her husband was about to go to work and our grandson had to be looked after.

My first thought on waking was "That dream was ridiculous. Everyone knows there are no Roman remains in Northern Scotland."

*as a a woodwind instrument, obv.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #497 on: 30 September, 2015, 12:58:40 pm »
In Devon with some friends, noticed The Bear (a sad cat), made friends with him and realised he wasn't well. Attempted to tweet his human to notify him but couldn't use my phone because the army were involved in a bomb scare in a big building over the road. Asked one of the army men to show me where I could use my phone so he walked me to the end of the road. His name was Colin. Tweeted The Bear's human to say The Bear isn't well, and then took The Bear with me to find a vet. The army guy came too. Dunno where my friends went.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #498 on: 05 October, 2015, 05:37:59 pm »
With wife and some friends on a train going north through England at night. Another traveller had a bike with tyres about 5" in section and I started chatting with him about it. "Oh yes, it goes very fast." After the boat docked we strolled up the High St. in Belfast, passing on the way a bunch of young fellows in 3-piece suits with their jackets off who were carrying mattresses out of a building. The mattresses had place settings fastened to them, and we had the vague idea that they were pinching them but we walked on anyway.  On reaching the end of Castle Place we stopped, wondering where to go next. We could see the City Hall, all lit up, off on the left and Castle St. straight ahead.  My wife said "I think if we go up there we can reach the Robertsau".

Shame that I woke up at that point. The Robertsau is a suburb of Strasbourg.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #499 on: 06 October, 2015, 07:06:18 am »
It's tricky.  I think I dreamt that I woke up having dreamt that I bought a boat.  In my dream I then panicked because I wasn't sure if really had bought a boat or whether it was just something I dreamt.  I remember searching everywhere for the details of the boat just in case it wasn't a dream.  Anyway, I just going have look round now in my stacks of papers and check the bank account in case I really did buy a boat.  Maybe then I will wake up.
Move Faster and Bake Things