Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1754257 times)

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #8400 on: 30 November, 2015, 08:37:03 pm »
Maybe, will suggest it and see what she says
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #8401 on: 30 November, 2015, 08:39:03 pm »
I've just had another great idea!

You've heard about "bring your kid to work" days?  We could take it in turns to bring a WAG along on a Wednesday evening!  It doesn't have to be your WAG  :demon:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #8402 on: 01 December, 2015, 06:25:34 am »
[Chelmsford Woolpack ...]

That's a spiffing idea, but my train doesn't get in to Chelmo till sometime after 20:30 on the trail back from Birmingham, so I could maybe meet you guys in there on the way home...?

Assuming the consensus is that we visit the Chelmo Woolie tomorrow evening the lanes to the west of the A131 which me and huggy rode on Sunday might be of interest.  Personally I've seldom been down them if at all.  This proposed ROUTE incorporates them and some bridleway action past Channels golf club.

What do we think?

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #8403 on: 01 December, 2015, 08:48:01 am »
This is often my route out in this direction. As you come through past Channels and round the RBT for the new housing estate, you can do a left (20.9mi) just after the Falcon Bowling Club, this takes you down a rough road to bring you out opps the entrance for Mill Lane.

Caution crossing ERW, but you can go straight over here - the other side has about room for 2 bikes at a time but is narrow. 

At Mill Lane (21.4mi) access is through a green gate just after the houses, bike/ped access is the right side of the road gate, it will be unlocked but on a sprung leaver, but pulls towards you to open. 

You can ride the Bunny Walk in to town, much nicer then Broomfield Road esp at that time of night coming past the Hospital.  The Bike lane doesn't start for a long way towards town, so I prefer to get off the road as soon as possible (unless its 00:00 and less traffic)...

Here's an alternative from Channels in to town and the wollie...

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/11341320

Another alternative would be to skip Channels (or use it on the way out) and continue W from Little Waltham via Lark's Lane, Breeds Road, Woodhall Hill Chignal Rd and then through the parks to arrive in Chelmo. 

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/11341390

With different route home:
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/11341404

Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #8404 on: 01 December, 2015, 08:56:52 am »
Excellent. I will have a shufty at your suggestions tomorrow morning as I'm going to be busy all of today.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series (plus random E Anglian stuff)
« Reply #8405 on: 01 December, 2015, 08:12:27 pm »
I have yet to have my 2016 riding signed off by the Home Office, however if I do enter BCM then I would (probably) drive the team van similar to when we went to Yorkshire this year for the 3 Coasts.  That would mean there are 2 passenger seats as long as you are friendly with each other and room for 7 or 8 bikes in the back, if unencumbered train/car travel is on anyone's plans.  That does of course all hang on me entering BCM in the first place and the clutch either being replaced or making it there in its current teenageresk moody state.
:thumbsup:

Get your permission slip and join the Type 2 fun Huggy.  ;D

Depending on what pans out I have provisionally been authorised use of the Volvo so depending on the Team Van I can accommodate a mix of people, luggage and bikes. At a squeeze 5 people and 5 bikes should be reasonably comfortable.
I have posted my entry form and cheque for the type 2 fun of BCM  :D
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #8406 on: 01 December, 2015, 08:52:27 pm »
[Chelmsford Woolpack ...]
Assuming the consensus is that we visit the Chelmo Woolie tomorrow evening the lanes to the west of the A131 which me and huggy rode on Sunday might be of interest.  Personally I've seldom been down them if at all.  This proposed ROUTE incorporates them and some bridleway action past Channels golf club.

What do we think?

Initial thoughts are ok by me: I'll head up your route and meet you somewhere between Cock Green and Young's End, I reckon.

I've done the Channels/Mill Lane once since all the building work started. E.R.W. is a bit of a pain to cross en-mass - maybe jiberjaber's  alternative route via Broad's Green is worth considering?

« Reply #8407 on: 01 December, 2015, 10:08:15 pm »
Not even sure which thread I should be posting this in myself now....

I've just submitted a DIY by GPS 200 application for this Sunday....looks like it might be quite mild (I'll ignore the wind and rain). I still have to map out the ride but the Walking distance is 203km going through Tiptree > Hadleigh > Lavenham > Red Lodge > Saffron Walden > Elsenham > High Easter > Little Totham. I suspect the riding distance will probably come up closer to 220ish.

Anybody that feels the urge is more then welcome to join me, I can pass on the details if you want to ride it as a DIY.

I figured having a back up to the Santa Special out the way early was a good ploy for December and I need the miles to get me to the 10k for the calendar year!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #8408 on: 02 December, 2015, 07:28:08 am »
Sensible suggestion ...

Why not start a mid-Essex audax thread on the audax board?

As there are so many of us mid-Essex people now and there is so much to talk about I suppose concentrating all the various discussions in one thread is a little confusing.

DL and ted are still splitters though  ;D

Oscar's dad

« Reply #8409 on: 02 December, 2015, 08:48:52 am »
Well, seeing as jibers has worked so hard my vote is that the Witham peloton follow his suggestion, that being this route ...

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/11341404

How does that grab everyone?

« Reply #8410 on: 02 December, 2015, 12:49:34 pm »
I reckon I should be able to make tonight  :)
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #8411 on: 02 December, 2015, 04:28:19 pm »
I'm definitely only a maybe for this evening, don't expect me at the roundabout unless you see me there at 7:30.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Andy C33

• Beverage Procurement Officer.
« Reply #8412 on: 02 December, 2015, 06:27:27 pm »
Only 50 50 at the moment.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #8413 on: 04 December, 2015, 08:59:59 am »
I don't know why but it has just occurred to me that we haven't been to The Wheatsheaf at Writtle for ages, or at least I haven't.  Could we go there next week?

« Reply #8414 on: 04 December, 2015, 04:20:23 pm »
Not even sure which thread I should be posting this in myself now....

I've just submitted a DIY by GPS 200 application for this Sunday....looks like it might be quite mild (I'll ignore the wind and rain). I still have to map out the ride but the Walking distance is 203km going through Tiptree > Hadleigh > Lavenham > Red Lodge > Saffron Walden > Elsenham > High Easter > Little Totham. I suspect the riding distance will probably come up closer to 220ish.

Anybody that feels the urge is more then welcome to join me, I can pass on the details if you want to ride it as a DIY.

I figured having a back up to the Santa Special out the way early was a good ploy for December and I need the miles to get me to the 10k for the calendar year!

Right folks all signed of with AUK so I am on for Sunday. The forecast has improved, still mild, much less rain and the wind has died by half...I reckon it might be 20 degrees and sunny by the time I get out ther  ;D

The invitation remains open, my intention is to head off from Tiptree somewhere between 6 and 8am and I expect it will take around 12 hours to get round.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #8415 on: 04 December, 2015, 10:00:16 pm »
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #8416 on: 05 December, 2015, 07:52:35 am »
I'll just leave this here for young James....   http://thenextweb.com/us/2015/12/04/pensioner-filmed-having-sex-in-a-car-by-vigilante-drone-pleads-not-guilty/

We must keep our eyes on planning applications. DL is bound to put one in for the Hurrells Lane droneport!

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #8417 on: 07 December, 2015, 08:04:55 pm »
Sixth in the list, no posts for two days!!  :o

[Writtle Wheatsheaf =  :thumbsup:]

Oscar's dad

« Reply #8418 on: 07 December, 2015, 08:19:19 pm »
Sixth in the list, no posts for two days!!  :o

World domination is obviously on hold! 

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #8419 on: 07 December, 2015, 08:23:48 pm »
Wed is quiz night ????
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #8420 on: 07 December, 2015, 08:28:41 pm »
Wed is quiz night ????

Is that not next Wednesday?

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #8421 on: 07 December, 2015, 08:39:07 pm »
Ah yes... Think you might be right!
Regards,

Joergen

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #8422 on: 07 December, 2015, 08:40:01 pm »
Weds 16th is Quiz + Yulefest + Soupy's birthday  :thumbsup:

« Reply #8423 on: 08 December, 2015, 11:06:06 am »
Lady Tippers birthday tomorrow so I will be at home with my apron on! (maybe)  :'(

« Reply #8424 on: 08 December, 2015, 11:28:02 am »
Lady Tippers birthday tomorrow so I will be at home with my apron on! (maybe)  :'(

Masonic do is it ?
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways