Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Health & Fitness / Re: Cross Training: Running
« Last post by CrazyEnglishTriathlete on Today at 06:08:26 pm »
The good news.  There's no stress fracture in my dodgy left foot.

The bad news.  Radiologist says its 'wear and tear'.  Stress fractures can heal, but there's not a lot you can do with wear and tear.  I guess we'll see what the podiatrist says next week.  So have now completed 4x imperial centuries on the bike this year and 4 miles running.
The EldestCub, having carried his middle-sized amp back from his dad's house t'other day and with a need to transport his big amp somewhere in a few weeks time, has decided to buy a bike trailer.  He's picked out this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/OUTAD-Transport-Upholstery-Non-Slip-Repellent/dp/B075J975P2/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&fbclid=IwAR2yKnPwnHXvv-5lBFlAOoUVxAZiq8QO2xKvipjp75hIEPqegjIt4oFidRg&ref_=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top and is seeking validation from me before he goes ahead and clicks 'buy' but I said I wouldn't. myself. 

"Why not?", says the Cub.

"Because I'd stick a post on YACF and ask the assemebled wise ones if it was completely shit, and see what the trailer-using people like Kim and Tim-the-rocket-scientist think before I spent 60 quid on amazon" I replied.

So he sent me a link and used actual words to request that I ask on his behalf - does it look completely shit, and is there something else that is much better for the money that would be orderable to arrive without too long a delay?  He needs to transport a bass amp that has a footprint of about 50cmx60cm.  The middle-sized amp weighs about 12kg so his estimate is that the big one is probably around 20kg.

Thoughts, suggestions, recommendations?
Velo Fixe / Re: Advice
« Last post by mzjo on Today at 05:47:09 pm »
Do you have a geared bike with the same position as the fixed to try? I am not convinced that the fixed is the source of the problem but it would be useful to confirm or exclude this possibility.
Audax / Re: Wild Atlantic Way Audax 2020
« Last post by postie on Today at 05:43:30 pm »
Dont wear a helmet or if you do ,dont add extra stuff like lights,camera etc. Take any head gear off as often as you can.
Audax / Re: Wild Atlantic Way Audax 2020
« Last post by quixoticgeek on Today at 05:40:24 pm »
Excited by this ride and have registered interest...... anyone else "worried" about Shermer's neck? It's a little niggle at the back of my mind....
I did start to get twinges on LEL.
Thoughts?

It's always a concern on rides that get this long. It's one of many things I'm worried about for this years TCR too. I'm not sure what the solution is, I'm going with lots of time in the saddle, different positions on the bars, and might talk to physio about neck exercises. But it's a worry!

J
Audax / Re: Belgium rides 2019
« Last post by chocjohn9 on Today at 05:38:12 pm »
Is anyone riding Herentals tomorrow?
The road works around the start place seem to be a bit messy, but I plan on being there.
I'll be riding my new blue Thorn Mercury Rohloff  :)
Velo Fixe / Re: Advice
« Last post by FixedWheel@70" on Today at 05:35:28 pm »
Hi Rogerzilla,
Definitely Biceps!
I've assumed its due to continual pedalling = working harder, hence fixed?
Seems to occur faster on hilly routes, so lowered gearing to 63", the only difference more spin when descending.
Raised gearing to 66", better downhill, of course, harder climbing slightly earlier onset.
Visits to Chiropractor and Physio with only temporary relief in that it came on slightly later.
The Pub / Re: Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 05:32:24 pm »
An EAI Superstar 18T track sprocket.  Unlike the black ones, these are actually available in the UK.  They are twice the price but OMG they are nice; mirror-polished stainless steel.  Compared to some of the indifferent cogs sold by other makers for similar money they are quite good value - EAI are still the quietest-running ones I've used (Dura-Ace are vocal, Surly are a lot better than DA but not as good as EAI).
Caption It / Re: Caption it #1964
« Last post by Jaded on Today at 05:29:47 pm »
BnB Air, on Lewis.
Caption It / Caption it #1964
« Last post by Jaded on Today at 05:29:10 pm »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10