Author Topic: Microsoft Office 365 5 user license  (Read 1065 times)

Microsoft Office 365 5 user license
« on: 14 January, 2018, 08:24:03 pm »
Stupid question, first step is to sign in with your licence key,  Microsoft email and password then you install office. For user numbers 2 to 5 use the Microsoft account to install it.

My question is probably stupid but does that mean the one Microsoft account with the email and password is used by all 5 users?

I have my own account but don't want to share it. My partner has no account I think but also won't want to share. The only way is to set up a shared account I think. That will mean any benefits such as cloud storage will not work with our own Microsoft account.

Is this really correct? To my mind 5 users means 5 users on a computer each. Each user has own account but uses the single, shared software key between them only. It just reads like that's not the case.

If we have to use a single MS  account/email then I'd rather buy a single licence each.

Anyone know what the situation really is?

DaveJ

• Happy days
Re: Microsoft Office 365 5 user license
« Reply #1 on: 14 January, 2018, 09:51:23 pm »
You only use the Microsoft account with the Office 365 Home subscription to install the software.

This machine for example, which my wife uses, has Office installed from my 365 subscription.  If you go to "File" and "Account", the Product Information says that the subscription comes from my account, but the User information says that my wife is logged in to her account.

Dave

« Reply #2 on: 14 January, 2018, 09:56:02 pm »
Does that mean the first user uses their ms account and others use it too just for installing software but their own account with the software once loaded? Or does it mean each user users their own ms account to load and use the software? Will my account details be visible to my partner's or other users if I set it up first with my account? Will they need my details?

DaveJ

• Happy days
« Reply #3 on: 15 January, 2018, 09:50:26 am »
You use the account with the subscription to install the software.  After that there's no need to use the account with the 365 subscription again.

Anybody that uses the computer will be able to see the email address associated with the subscription, buts thats all.  They won't have access to the account or be able to read your emails.

Dave 

« Reply #4 on: 18 January, 2018, 10:24:56 pm »
Another problem has come up. It won't let the second user install it. The email account was identified as breaking their rules / licence and it got blocked as a spammer. My partner never even sent any emails and when tested her computer allowed her to send emails unblocked.

I sent through the ms security check process and got a text code. That came up with error message. Tried it another way and same error message.

Whatever we try it doesn't allow a second installation even ms online chat support could not help. They ended the call by giving me a call reference number then hung up on the chat.

I have one query about outlook. My partner at up an outlook email address to allow installation of office 365 on that account. She then set up get work outlook (also 365 based with office). Could this somehow be the issue?

Unless I'm mistaken you should create an alias within your outlook for additional email accounts not a second outlook account. I got that from something I read online (ms community). If she set up the work account and it's an alias for the work main account could the ms office 365 install site be detecting something from work as excessive use for home office / outlook? Or something like that?