Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 880408 times)

Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #3300 on: 25 August, 2018, 09:15:06 pm »
I understand that the plastic surgery disaster on the increasingly desperate Big Brother has used the n-word rather a lot.  I wasn't offended as I would rather lick the shed clean than watch such crap, but he's a twat for not realising there would be A Lot of complaints.

By the looks of it, he failed to take the hint. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-45307058
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #3301 on: 26 August, 2018, 09:11:54 am »
Didn't think I'd ever be putting this name in this thread. Geraint Thomas.
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #3302 on: 26 August, 2018, 09:19:02 am »
Didn't think I'd ever be putting this name in this thread. Geraint Thomas.

Really? What's he done/said?
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

SoreTween

« Reply #3303 on: 26 August, 2018, 09:23:15 am »

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #3304 on: 26 August, 2018, 09:28:12 am »
Came straight here to say Geraint Thomas. However I see his name is already up. So he gets it again.
It is simpler than it looks.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #3305 on: 26 August, 2018, 09:28:57 am »
Also he's too scared to ride a bike in London traffic.  He should try the provinces; it's MUCH worse as traffic is faster and cyclists are regarded by drivers as sex fetishists from another planet, they're so rare.

(Any mention of the h-word in the appropriate board, of course).
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

SoreTween

« Reply #3306 on: 26 August, 2018, 09:34:42 am »
That was the part that sealed his nomination, admits to a narrow field of experience but see that as no reason to stfu.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #3308 on: 26 August, 2018, 09:46:41 am »
Geraint Thomas... your head of polystyrene won't protect your feet of clay.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #3309 on: 26 August, 2018, 09:55:01 am »
The article quotes him as saying “there is no reason” not to wear one, so the journalist is already paraphrasing him. This shows a lack of knowledge on the subject.
But he isn’t quite as saying he thinks they should be compulsory so I suspect the headline is extrapolation on the part of the journo for comic effect.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

citoyen

« Reply #3310 on: 26 August, 2018, 10:04:34 am »
The article quotes him as saying “there is no reason” not to wear one, so the journalist is already paraphrasing him. This shows a lack of knowledge on the subject.
But he isn’t quite as saying he thinks they should be compulsory so I suspect the headline is extrapolation on the part of the journo for comic effect.

The BBC article is quoting a piece in the Sunday Times, so you'd probably have to read that to get the full, accurate version of what he said.

I have no interest in his opinions on this subject so won't bother.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #3311 on: 26 August, 2018, 10:18:33 am »
The Tour de France champion, Geraint Thomas, has called for cyclists to be forced to wear helmets.

“I would certainly make helmets compulsory,” Thomas said. “I always wear a helmet.

“I’ve put on a helmet more times than I’ve buckled a seatbelt.

“Helmets have come on a lot — well ventilated, not too hot, you don’t look stupid — no reason not to.”

Not a lot of options for misquoting there. It’s front page on the digital edition too. Why do these wankers carry on with this. What does he actually know about cycling?
It is simpler than it looks.

bludger

• Randonneur and bargain hunter
« Reply #3312 on: 26 August, 2018, 10:23:15 am »
This imbecile has clearly never had his bus cancelled going in to town and had the only convenient way to get in be a mobike from your change.

Why can't he just shut his mouth? Moron has just played into the hands of the motor lobby because he's too thick to just fucking think for a second before he starts blathering on.
YACF touring/audax bargain basement:
https://bit.ly/2Xg8pRD

Ban cars.

citoyen

« Reply #3313 on: 26 August, 2018, 10:25:37 am »
Why can't he just shut his mouth?

To be fair, it's not that simple. He is expected to front up to the media and answer whatever questions they put to him.

He could be a bit more canny about how he answers those questions but it's not like he's actively campaigning for mandatory helmets, unlike that idiot Cracknell.

« Reply #3314 on: 05 September, 2018, 03:23:26 pm »
Musk has earned lifelong membership, methinks, with his latest brainless chunterings.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #3315 on: 05 September, 2018, 03:36:05 pm »
Musk has earned lifelong membership, methinks, with his latest brainless chunterings.

Judging by a meme I spotted earlier, I take it he's doubling down in his spat with the British guy involved in the Thai cave rescue, then?
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

« Reply #3316 on: 05 September, 2018, 03:55:27 pm »

Judging by a meme I spotted earlier, I take it he's doubling down in his spat with the British guy involved in the Thai cave rescue, then?
With spades on.
Either Musk is suffering from extreme sleep deprivation and has no mental faculties left, or he has been snorting something he shouldn't have.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #3317 on: 09 September, 2018, 04:03:23 pm »
I assume BoJo is already in the lifetime members' lounge?  He's likely to find that his only friends in the Tories are the swivel-eyed loons of the ERG.  The man's only talent is writing flowery prose in a slightly racist 1930s vernacular.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #3318 on: 09 September, 2018, 04:46:37 pm »
I assume BoJo is already in the lifetime members' lounge?  He's likely to find that his only friends in the Tories are the swivel-eyed loons of the ERG.  The man's only talent is writing flowery prose in a slightly racist 1930s vernacular.

Well, if he hadn't already, he's definitely achieved twatscendence with the "suicide vest" comment.

citoyen

« Reply #3319 on: 10 September, 2018, 05:56:32 pm »
Carlos Ramos

« Reply #3320 on: 10 September, 2018, 06:10:28 pm »
Romano Fenati

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #3321 on: 10 September, 2018, 06:15:36 pm »
That's what I thought I had typed...
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #3322 on: 10 September, 2018, 06:16:49 pm »
 ;D
Spillchucker for you.

« Reply #3323 on: 10 September, 2018, 06:18:18 pm »
Romano Fenati

Yep, pulling the front brake lever of your rival after he'd nerfed you off-track in a botched overtaking move definitely qualifies.

I'd give an honourable mention/nomination to Andrea Dovisioso and Jorge Lorenzo for apparently exculpating Fenati because of Manzi's actions, and Dorna for only suspending him for 2 races.

Props to Marinelli Snipers for taking the correct decision in dropping him for the rest of the season after MV Agusta and Forward Racing said they'd be looking to break the contract they'd signed with Fenati for next season.

ETA - Fenati definitely has issues, he was booted from Valentino Rossi's Sky VR46 team in August 2016 after they suspended him for being abusive towards his pit crew, and he was involved in a clash with Niklas Ajo at the 2015 Argentina GP.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/04/19/fenati-starting-last-after-clash-with-ajo-in-moto3-warm-up/174212

citoyen

« Reply #3324 on: 10 September, 2018, 06:19:44 pm »
Romano Fenati

Just watched the video... FFS! That's insane.