Author Topic: heatandplumb.com - returning items.  (Read 1354 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
heatandplumb.com - returning items.
« on: 17 May, 2018, 10:00:21 am »
We have been having our bathroom completely refurbished and bought a couple of items which are not suitable for ours system. One of them is a shower valve which, apparently, doesn't work/isn't designed for a gravity drawn system.

It cost us £96 or thereabouts, from Heat & Plumb. Never having bought any bathroom plumbing items before, I bought the wrong thing so want to send it back. I received this email this morning:

"Good Morning,

Please be advised, there will be £17+VAT returning and collection charge for the item. Collection can be done by our courier only.
Could you please advise us suitable collection (week)day after 3 working days as the courier will require some time for this to be arranged.
Please reply us with the details within 3 working days as after this the return will be closed.

Please Note - Collections are done between 8:00am & 6:00pm. No specific time frame can be given for collection."

I have no idea whether this is legal or not, but I certainly would never recommend anyone to buy from Heat & Plumb.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Re: heatandplumb.com - returning items.
« Reply #1 on: 17 May, 2018, 10:40:50 am »
I can fully understand this for a bath.  It makes it clear who has responsibility for damage etc.  I would try phoning them and explaining that it is a small item.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #2 on: 17 May, 2018, 10:58:41 am »
Part of the return process is to send them photos of the item and the packaging, and I quoted its parts number! They can be in no doubt as to what it is.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #3 on: 17 May, 2018, 01:06:40 pm »
A restocking charge is perfectly legal, and will have been explained in their T’s & C’s. They may do a lot with businesses as opposed to direct consumers, and probably have a flat rate returns charge.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #4 on: 19 May, 2018, 12:53:54 am »
Pretty sure that a restocking fee is not legal where it's a consumer returning goods under the Consumer Contract Regulations. And they can't make you pay for return postage unless they told you that at purchase, along with notifying you of your cancellation rights.