Author Topic: Exporting texts  (Read 1086 times)

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
Exporting texts
« on: 29 September, 2018, 01:52:12 am »
So I was talking to an ex last night, we're still good friends and I mentioned how my phone had died recently so I went shifting through the old phone collection to find something that worked. I found my old Orange SPV M3100 which after a charge seems to hold its charge for days. Anyways, on that phone is the entire text history of our relationship (3 years) and she was curious to see it. Yes it's cringe-worthy but I can't look away either.

So is there a way to export to xml or anything useable? It's running windows mobile 6 pro.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
Re: Exporting texts
« Reply #1 on: 29 September, 2018, 11:21:54 am »
Not much help as it is an android app - SMS Backup+ - which exports all your text to your gmail.

Must be some some windows app too, after a quick search there is SMS to Excel app in window store
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #2 on: 29 September, 2018, 01:48:54 pm »
Managed to sort it using this app http://www.dotfred.net and then exported to csv onto the SD card. Struggled a bit as I had over 8300 texts.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #3 on: 30 September, 2018, 09:20:56 am »
Too late now, but MyPhone Explorer will do this.

« Reply #4 on: 30 September, 2018, 01:21:59 pm »
Anyways, on that phone is the entire text history of our relationship (3 years) and she was curious to see it. Yes it's cringe-worthy but I can't look away either.

Cringe-worthy?! Collate and attach photos, scans of tickets and the like and you not only get yourself a keepsake you also get referenced to as ‘Man’!

(one for Dara O’Briain fans, there!)
One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it)