Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1751086 times)

The Retiree

• Zappi Clothing Ambassador - http://zappi.clothing/
Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #8575 on: 18 January, 2016, 12:15:28 pm »
Is yours the Link or the Link Plus?

Mine's just the Link

My Lezyne Macro Duo died a death shortly after the Epiphany Do, water ingress.  It's out of warranty so I'm not happy.

OD have you tweeted Lezyne? Even though it's out of warranty it will sometimes prompt them to offer a replacement.... particularly if a few of us retweet your tweet  :demon: I have had 3 items replaced which were all out of warranty this way  :thumbsup:

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #8576 on: 18 January, 2016, 12:29:21 pm »
Good plan!  I'll get tweeting.

« Reply #8577 on: 18 January, 2016, 12:34:28 pm »
Ordered th Lezyne  :)
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

The Retiree

« Reply #8578 on: 18 January, 2016, 12:58:38 pm »
Good plan!  I'll get tweeting.

Their twitter handle is @LezyneUK

Ordered th Lezyne  :)

Hopefully you won't have any problems!!

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #8579 on: 18 January, 2016, 01:05:17 pm »
Macro for me too, it was on sale at wiggle. But tough on the neck over a 100km though....

OD if you have no luck with a replacement let me know and I might have a tinker with it for you....
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #8580 on: 18 January, 2016, 02:35:10 pm »
Road report from this morning's commute through Witham - Terling - Great Leighs - Rayne - Bardfield. Roads are mostly dry so even if it does freeze over the next couple of days there's not a lot to worry about. Just the usual spots in the dips where there's run off from the fields and that dip just after Terling where there is sometimes a stream running across the road. Will update tomorrow as it's supposed to be brass monkeys in the morning.

Did you ride the Crazy Bars?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #8581 on: 18 January, 2016, 02:36:04 pm »
OD if you have no luck with a replacement let me know and I might have a tinker with it for you....

Fanks chap.  I have tweeted so will see what happens.

« Reply #8582 on: 18 January, 2016, 04:27:56 pm »
Road report from this morning's commute through Witham - Terling - Great Leighs - Rayne - Bardfield. Roads are mostly dry so even if it does freeze over the next couple of days there's not a lot to worry about. Just the usual spots in the dips where there's run off from the fields and that dip just after Terling where there is sometimes a stream running across the road. Will update tomorrow as it's supposed to be brass monkeys in the morning.

Did you ride the Crazy Bars?

Not today. I'm on the Pick Up Trucker. Any sign of ice I'd rather be on low pressure 2 inch rubber rather than semi slick summer tyres. Might try it later in the week if it stays dry.

« Reply #8583 on: 19 January, 2016, 10:26:19 am »
Cats  :thumbsup:

Real Life has intervened and I am off to Liverpool.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #8584 on: 19 January, 2016, 01:12:58 pm »
Cats  :thumbsup:

Real Life has intervened and I am off to Liverpool.

Oh dear, I think I know what that's about. *hugs* in case they're needed.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #8585 on: 19 January, 2016, 01:30:37 pm »
Minus 1 is now forecast for 2000hrs tomorrow evening. I will probably going to the gym instead.

« Reply #8586 on: 19 January, 2016, 03:23:41 pm »
Minus 1 is now forecast for 2000hrs tomorrow evening. I will probably going to the gym instead.

That's a poor show. -3.5 when I went out this morning. Roads are dry. Only a couple of frozen patches but no real issues. Must admit my legs were feeling the cold this morning.

The Retiree

« Reply #8587 on: 19 January, 2016, 03:31:52 pm »

That's a poor show. -3.5 when I went out this morning. Roads are dry. Only a couple of frozen patches but no real issues. Must admit my legs were feeling the cold this morning.

He has form when it comes to suggesting and plotting a route and then not riding it on the night  :demon:

« Reply #8588 on: 19 January, 2016, 03:37:54 pm »
Maybe Penelope's studded tyres haven't arrived yet
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Oscar's dad

« Reply #8589 on: 19 January, 2016, 03:55:08 pm »
I have studded tyres for Fred. But icy roads scare me witless having come a cropper a few times before, once particularly painfully hence probably bailing out.

The Retiree

« Reply #8590 on: 19 January, 2016, 03:59:11 pm »
I have studded tyres for Fred. But icy roads scare me witless having come a cropper a few times before, once particularly painfully hence probably bailing out.

To quote Christophe, OD '-3.5 when I went out this morning. Roads are dry. Only a couple of frozen patches but no real issues.' so it shouldn't present a problem tomorrow night and we can take it easy  :thumbsup:

« Reply #8591 on: 19 January, 2016, 04:23:39 pm »
Penelope would be the pragmatic choice. You never heard of a postie not performing their duties ' cos its a bit cold'

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #8592 on: 19 January, 2016, 04:34:15 pm »
^ Indeed - always used to see posties' tyre-tracks down our alleyway when snow/ice about [& gets no sun in mid-winter].

It is remarkably dry air at the moment, though freezing fog has been forecast...

« Reply #8593 on: 19 January, 2016, 04:53:12 pm »
^ Indeed - always used to see posties' tyre-tracks down our alleyway when snow/ice about [& gets no sun in mid-winter].

Go for your weekly shop on the way to give yourself a bit more weight to prevent any wheelspin!

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #8594 on: 19 January, 2016, 05:15:16 pm »
The Mighty North Hill is on the ECC gritter's route - lotsa hill repeats...adjourn to the Cats via Danbury and Woodham Walter?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #8595 on: 19 January, 2016, 05:39:11 pm »
Oh go on then.  If I die I shall hold you all responsible!!!

The Retiree

« Reply #8596 on: 20 January, 2016, 08:51:34 am »

Any other takers for Spa Rd tonight other than my goodself, OD and Andy C33? Unfortunately Ted can't make tonight now (washing his hair  ::-) ) so feel free to berate him OD as he did to you yesterday before you made the right decision and decided to join us as first planned  ;D

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #8597 on: 20 January, 2016, 08:57:06 am »

Any other takers for Spa Rd tonight other than my goodself, OD and Andy C33? Unfortunately Ted can't make tonight now (washing his hair  ::-) ) so feel free to berate him OD as he did to you yesterday before you made the right decision and decided to join us as first planned  ;D

I should be able to make it there.  If I'm not in evidence by 7:30 don't wait - I'll try and pick you up somewhere en-route.  I assume we are following OD's loopy loops.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

The Retiree

« Reply #8598 on: 20 January, 2016, 08:59:06 am »
I should be able to make it there.  If I'm not in evidence by 7:30 don't wait - I'll try and pick you up somewhere en-route.  I assume we are following OD's loopy loops.

I believe that is the plan however you know as well as I do how OD's Garmin behaves so we made need to have Glympse on the go......

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #8599 on: 20 January, 2016, 09:07:42 am »

I believe that is the plan however you know as well as I do how OD's Garmin behaves so we made need to have Glympse on the go......

Hopefully there will be others with him to keep him to the purple line of righteousness (and away from Lowestoft).

In any case, whatever route his Garmin picks through that maze, I should spot you at some point as it's bound to cross the official route a number of times.  We'd probably be going in opposite directions though.

(That's the cue for the old chestnut: "Q: How do you know when you're following one of OD's routes?  A: You find yourself following signs for places you've just been through!")
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike